Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

SYM GTS 200 Experience (sepakat Eleganers)

• Please log in to reply

indotolok

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

indotolok

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Dear Shifus and Maha Gurus.
Is anyone is using the YSS Absorber E-Lite?
I have read a posting in GTSrider that the performances is good. Straight line stability and cornering stability is better than what we have in GTS. I qoute form Jinblack posting. But he failed to indicate tyre than he used. Is he been using the YSS abs with Maxxis or he has been using the different type of tyres? He said the YSS Absorber cost him RM700.

My question:
Is it worth it is changing only the YSS abs but maintain the Maxxis tyres rather changing front and rear tyre to Bridgestone? Changing Tyre FnR may cost us RM 500. Use the YSS E-Lite with Maxxis, how is the performance?
Or just changing the FnR tyres just enough to improve the stability?

Need clarification.

jomanji

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:25 AM

jomanji

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
"Follow the Bufollow" haha nice one!

If sym takes cues from tata, I dont think i'll be getting it anytime soon hehe

mizuan

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

mizuan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (indotolok @ Sep 4 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said the YSS Absorber cost him RM700.

indotolok..I was told by my mechanic here in Nilai that its better to keep the stock suspensions as they're already doing a great job albeit a fantastic one. After riding the GTS for about 1 mth plus, I tend to agree with him. Unless you have extra cash to burn, changing to YSS absorbers might give you some added improvement. I googled and found out that it could cost you less than RM700. Check it out a sample at 88db here http://my.88db.com/m.../?PostID=116502

Personally, I would go for the tires first. wink.gif
IIA

klimal

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

klimal

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
QUOTE (indotolok @ Sep 4 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Shifus and Maha Gurus.
Is anyone is using the YSS Absorber E-Lite?
I have read a posting in GTSrider that the performances is good. Straight line stability and cornering stability is better than what we have in GTS. I qoute form Jinblack posting. But he failed to indicate tyre than he used. Is he been using the YSS abs with Maxxis or he has been using the different type of tyres? He said the YSS Absorber cost him RM700.

My question:
Is it worth it is changing only the YSS abs but maintain the Maxxis tyres rather changing front and rear tyre to Bridgestone? Changing Tyre FnR may cost us RM 500. Use the YSS E-Lite with Maxxis, how is the performance?
Or just changing the FnR tyres just enough to improve the stability?

Need clarification.

IMHO use the best tire you can afford. The tire is the only contact you have with the road.

Lose weight HOW? ask me NOW !
Stay young and active with BiHRT.
Facial Rejuvenation with PRP.

KLScoot

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
One of major qualms, i had from day 1 since i got my GTS, has always been, what i've felt to be overly soft front suspensions which are prone to dive when braked hard, allowing for little correction (another reason why i like Vespas for its legendary anti dive front forks! Vespas enthusiasts even swear the front rises when braked hard. Must be darn weird feeling!!) Coming back to GTS, maybe the front forks settings tendency to dive are considered normal given that the GTS is a heavy bike (and that it's no sports bike!), plus the fact that i'm no feather weight myself, tipping the scales at 83kg!! Hahaha!

I find the rear absorbers a tad too harsh for my liking & has the tendency to bounce over uneven gravelly patches of road. I've been eyeing with interest the YSS absorbers but 700 is no mean sum to pay. Heard that it can be bought cheaper? But where? Pls advice.
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

KLScoot's facebook

jomanji

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

jomanji

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
One review of 2009 Sym scooters. Note the price of the 200cc, albeit on a different body. 2990 Euros. Do the math.

http://www.twowheels...ide-and-citycom

KLScoot

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
QUOTE (mizuan @ Sep 5 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I googled and found out that it could cost you less than RM700. Check it out a sample at 88db here http://my.88db.com/m.../?PostID=116502

Thanks! Just what i was looking for. 'Cept from buying from end user, any shops which carry it for this price minus labour??

KLScoot's facebook

Balee

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
Think not. Over here, vehicle parts need the biggest nuts and bolts and screwed maximum tight lest our moonscape passed as roads by the authority will shake'em hard till they fall apart.

QUOTE (KLScoot @ Sep 4 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do u think SYM can use adhesives instead of welding the frame joints together to save on costs like the TATA NANO?

Balee

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
To one Mr John working as a senior clerk in down town London, earning 3000 Euro per month, the price means he can buy it with the next pay cheque if he can bring himself to endure 'maggi mee' run the following month. smile_clown.gif

QUOTE (jomanji @ Sep 5 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One review of 2009 Sym scooters. Note the price of the 200cc, albeit on a different body. 2990 Euros. Do the math.

http://www.twowheels...ide-and-citycom

KLScoot

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Sep 5 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think not. Over here, vehicle parts need the biggest nuts and bolts and screwed maximum tight lest our moonscape passed as roads by the authority will shake'em hard till they fall apart.

Heheheh Maybe that's how the china bikes fell apart. Perhaps they were the early adopters of the technology but they use the wong glue!! smile_clown.gif

KLScoot's facebook