Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda City Type Z Sx8 Absorber

• Please log in to reply

pop3

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
Good day,

Can anyone recommend a good replacement absorber for Honda City Type Z SX8? I am thinking to change to Monroe. Anyone knows the price range and buying from where? Any other recommendation? Please state the product name, price and where to buy.

The current situation is very noisy "kok kok kok" sound traveling on uneven surface. Went to the workshop to check the lower arm and ball joint. They jacked up the car to inspect. They said no physical sign of damage of the lower arm and ball joint. When turning, no noisy sound. Only on uneven surface. Therefore, they said the absorber is "kong". Should I change the absorber bush as well?

Thank you in advance?

vr2turbo

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ Apr 21 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good day,

Can anyone recommend a good replacement absorber for Honda City Type Z SX8? I am thinking to change to Monroe. Anyone knows the price range and buying from where? Any other recommendation? Please state the product name, price and where to buy.

The current situation is very noisy "kok kok kok" sound traveling on uneven surface. Went to the workshop to check the lower arm and ball joint. They jacked up the car to inspect. They said no physical sign of damage of the lower arm and ball joint. When turning, no noisy sound. Only on uneven surface. Therefore, they said the absorber is "kong". Should I change the absorber bush as well?

Thank you in advance?

Try checking with Leon of Quicksave or Sifu Drex of EA Auto, whether they have the dampers for your ride..... smile_wink.gif

YSW

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
Good day,

Thank you in advance?

I would suggest that you should check on the Absorber Mounting, too.

vr2turbo

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Apr 26 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would suggest that you should check on the Absorber Mounting, too.

Especially the front ones....

pop3

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
I went to spare part shop to make inquiry. They asked me to check the front mounting bearing also. There is a bearing in the mounting. RM 60 each. Original shock front RM 160 per pc, rear RM 170 per pc. Front mounting RM 60 per pc.

vr2turbo

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ Apr 27 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to spare part shop to make inquiry. They asked me to check the front mounting bearing also. There is a bearing in the mounting. RM 60 each. Original shock front RM 160 per pc, rear RM 170 per pc. Front mounting RM 60 per pc.

Normally the front shocks should be more expensive..... smile_wink.gif

cameroul

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

cameroul

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Good day,

Thank you in advance?

Maaf mencelah sket, saya ada pakai Honda SM4 1991, keta ni saya baru buat cat `in & out' masalahnya lining cermin belakang dah rosak masa buka ari tu. Dah puas saya cuba dapatkan ganti, tapi sampai sekarang lum dapat lagi. kalau ada sesiapa yang boleh dapatkan minta tolong sms saya 0125281064, kalau bleh nak tau arganya sekali. Pakat tolong reramai ya.

pop3

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (cameroul @ May 3 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maaf mencelah sket, saya ada pakai Honda SM4 1991, keta ni saya baru buat cat `in & out' masalahnya lining cermin belakang dah rosak masa buka ari tu. Dah puas saya cuba dapatkan ganti, tapi sampai sekarang lum dapat lagi. kalau ada sesiapa yang boleh dapatkan minta tolong sms saya 0125281064, kalau bleh nak tau arganya sekali. Pakat tolong reramai ya.

Please try this webpage http://www.facebook....7...wall&ref=ss or http://kirie-auto.bl...bel/Rubber Seal

Found these 2 webapges are very useful for City drivers.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ May 5 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please try this webpage http://www.facebook....7...wall&ref=ss or http://kirie-auto.bl...bel/Rubber Seal

Found these 2 webapges are very useful for City drivers.

His SM4 is Honda Accord from 1990 to 1993

pop3

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 5 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His SM4 is Honda Accord from 1990 to 1993

pai say pai say...... blink.gif wacko.gif wub.gif wub.gif