Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Exora Bold Engine Sound Question

• Please log in to reply

kristof

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Mar 19 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to know "someone" is here

I need to clarify with u on some matter,
During hard acceleration i felt a vibration on the steering wheel, CVT trademark?
No absolutely not, this has nothing to do with cvt, my exora does not have this?

This is my 1st time driving CVT, does it usually produce funny mechanical sound? Its not loud but i can hear it if i listen closely.
Every gearbox makes some noise, gears running are metal contact at a certain frequency and that is what you hear. I assume you mean whining around 80 to 100kph? It is indeed very hard to hear, and for my opninion not really disturbing. But you are right it is there. It is actually a case for all cvt's independant of brand, even audi has this problem, they however cover the gearbox with double layer foam made to dampen this frequency, this is offcoarse expensive!

One last question,
Why does the CVT in the BLM 1.6 whine louder than the unit in Exora?
This is due to car, the exora is build up different, and the saga is cheaper. The wining is however no failure at all and perfectly normal operation noise.

Punch powertrain has received comments on this matter before and this therefor working hard to improve on this.
We know however from experience that car buildup has a big part in this. You cannot expect exactly the same from a proton as from a honda twice the price. What you can expect is a good driveability, pleasant no nonsense driving, and good support for your issues.

Regards

kristof

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Mar 19 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to know "someone" is here

I need to clarify with u on some matter,
During hard acceleration i felt a vibration on the steering wheel, CVT trademark?

This is my 1st time driving CVT, does it usually produce funny mechanical sound? Its not loud but i can hear it if i listen closely.

One last question,
Why does the CVT in the BLM 1.6 whine louder than the unit in Exora?

You mean flx se in stead of blm right? See above.

ckwg

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Mar 19 2012, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huy all,

I am Kristof, Belgian, living in Malaysia and working for Punch Powertrain (CVT supplier) as manager customer care Proton.

You can ask me all CVT related questions.

First answer is on the Reverse sound. Don't worry there is absolutely nothing wrong with your gearbox.
We use a planetary gear set that reverses the engine movement to our gearbox. This planetary set contains small gears that run at higher rpm in reverse, that is the sound you hear. It should be in your owners manual as well.
As soon as you start reversing slowly the sound gets less.

Regards

Thanks Kristof! Please ignore my duplicate question in the other thread.

Regards,
CKWG

pgkia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Mar 19 2012, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is indeed something vendors should do and provide. I feel this need as it is a new products that arises some questions.

You can find my personal contacts and explanation at:

http://forum.autowor...h...2259&st=120

don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Hi Mr。Kristof,
Thank you for taking the initiative to join the local community and efforts that you and your company put in to better serve the users.

Just a suggestion, instead of inviting us to send questions to you directly, why not you create a special thread(s), with the right title (maybe you want to split CVT in FLX, BOLD CFE, or the new P3 separetly, or combine all together). This will ease you as well to monitor only threads that you have created. At the same time, other forum members can learn more from issues that other members are facing. You can then monitor some other forums other than autoworld. I bet you are monitoring other forums as well, right? Of course, if you don't mind to monitor the general discussion of this thread, which might involve other than CVT questions, you are most welcome to join this thread as well.

There are other forums, which are not in English, and are very active. We could help to redirect them to here as well, or whichever forum you prefer.

Just my 2cents.... smile_wink.gif

ntc2000

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (pgkia @ Mar 20 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mr。Kristof,
Thank you for taking the initiative to join the local community and efforts that you and your company put in to better serve the users.

Just a suggestion, instead of inviting us to send questions to you directly, why not you create a special thread(s), with the right title (maybe you want to split CVT in FLX, BOLD CFE, or the new P3 separetly, or combine all together). This will ease you as well to monitor only threads that you have created. At the same time, other forum members can learn more from issues that other members are facing. You can then monitor some other forums other than autoworld. I bet you are monitoring other forums as well, right? Of course, if you don't mind to monitor the general discussion of this thread, which might involve other than CVT questions, you are most welcome to join this thread as well.

There are other forums, which are not in English, and are very active. We could help to redirect them to here as well, or whichever forum you prefer.

Just my 2cents.... smile_wink.gif

i already create....
http://forum.autowor...howtopic=103354

kristof

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
please redirect me to other forums as well. I want to keep it simple so not more than 3 forums.
What is possible is that people send me emails, I reply and people can post the reply on the forum if they think it is useful. This way forum people do the forum job and I get emails I can respond to daily, also this way I can archive easily per question.

Thanks

ntc2000

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Mar 20 2012, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please redirect me to other forums as well. I want to keep it simple so not more than 3 forums.
What is possible is that people send me emails, I reply and people can post the reply on the forum if they think it is useful. This way forum people do the forum job and I get emails I can respond to daily, also this way I can archive easily per question.

Thanks

noted bro.... if they have question, i will redirect to this forum.

currently i am active in cari.com.my forum(chinese forum - 23 bold CFE owner) and eocm forum(malay forum - >38 bold CFE owner).

kristof

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Mar 20 2012, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
noted bro.... if they have question, i will redirect to this forum.

currently i am active in cari.com.my forum(chinese forum - 23 bold CFE owner) and eocm forum(malay forum - >38 bold CFE owner).

Great Thanks a lot. You can post my email adres as well on thos fora!
I have had multiple personal mail allready so things go well.

Is it possible you think to have this forum thread as first hit on google when entering "CVT problem Proton" or something like that? Would be great.

I do however want to avoid having an endless list of problems that will cause people to get a headache when reading about it. It does not mean that it is easy accesable that it should grow so fast it will scare people to buy a CVT. After all, I do enjoy my exora a lot, even hanving noise problem (engine), some small remarks. it is produced by Malays For Malays, It's beautiful value for the money, and it's a product you can all be proud of. that should remain main headline. So in joint venture with moderator we can clean up and make into a usefull, short complaint and answer list?

ntc2000

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Mar 20 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great Thanks a lot. You can post my email adres as well on thos fora!
I have had multiple personal mail allready so things go well.

Is it possible you think to have this forum thread as first hit on google when entering "CVT problem Proton" or something like that? Would be great.

I do however want to avoid having an endless list of problems that will cause people to get a headache when reading about it. It does not mean that it is easy accesable that it should grow so fast it will scare people to buy a CVT. After all, I do enjoy my exora a lot, even hanving noise problem (engine), some small remarks. it is produced by Malays For Malays, It's beautiful value for the money, and it's a product you can all be proud of. that should remain main headline. So in joint venture with moderator we can clean up and make into a usefull, short complaint and answer list?

when google "Proton Punch Cvt Powertrain Issue And Solution", it's will be the first hit.

I am one of the exora bold owner as well. I aim for this car since may 2011, waiting for 7 month to get my dream mpv. smile_thumbup.gif

I try to help those owner to get the solution for their problem.

thiaga

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

thiaga

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Mar 20 2012, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when google "Proton Punch Cvt Powertrain Issue And Solution", it's will be the first hit.

I am one of the exora bold owner as well. I aim for this car since may 2011, waiting for 7 month to get my dream mpv. smile_thumbup.gif

I try to help those owner to get the solution for their problem.

is EB yr dream mpv ? thats strange