Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Owner Of Honda Elysion Here?

• Please log in to reply

KoE

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

KoE

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (wka @ Dec 6 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wang Selamat got advertise at mudah.com.my. 2.4 '05 at 167K. Can try there. I think Naza still got few units of 2.4 and 3.0.

wish i could afford a new one...but with another car still servicing loan...i can't afford a new one lorr!

waahhh....i'm impressed with the assistance smile_thumbup.gif i was a bit tied up this weekend..so no good hunting. There's one 3.0 black in colour at cahaya auto? cheras going for 200K plus but i didn't ask to look/inspect.

leongts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (KoE @ Dec 6 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wish i could afford a new one...but with another car still servicing loan...i can't afford a new one lorr!

waahhh....i'm impressed with the assistance smile_thumbup.gif i was a bit tied up this weekend..so no good hunting. There's one 3.0 black in colour at cahaya auto? cheras going for 200K plus but i didn't ask to look/inspect.

New ones if you notice lately, has been on sales. These are 2007 stock, new facelift model, 7 seater with 2 PDs and selling at around RM220k level. Most probably can get slightly lower than that if you're serious. Please bear in mind these are new, unregistered old stock that USF Hicom is trying to clear off.

The black 3.0 that you mentioned is a 2nd hand unit, I think. Saw that from MT site, right? That is only the starting price and should go down if your nego skill is razor sharp. If it is a USF-Hicom originated one, it should be a type-VG Aero HDD edition. Sexy bodykit with matching foglamps. wub.gif

As mentioned by wka, this looks ok on the paper, 2.4l engine, 2PDs, front foglamps
Elysion 1

Another from Wang Selamat, 2.4l engine, 1PD only. This one looks mine exterior wise (pastel blue) but mine is a 3.0.
Elysion 2

Both units above don't seem to have parking sensors, front and back. Do keep in mind those 04,05 and some early 06 manufactured ones are all 8 seaters. Elysion only got 7 seaters starting with new facelift, circa 06 onwards. That's why USF-Hicom ones all are 7 seaters version as they are 2007 onward stock.

If possible (if not limited by budget and seat capacity need) try getting a 7 seater ones. From my limited experience, the process of loading people into the car is much more flexible and easier in the 7 seater version. You will really appreciate it when you are facing max load situation where your passengers are needed to be seated at the 3rd row.

I have just serviced mine at Honda SC just now. They took mine in with no question asked. If mine is the T brand, I think T SC is not going to make it straight forward case. I changed my engine oil and flushed the ATF. Brought my own 5W-40 API-SM fully synthetic oil and just 4litre. Spec, according my manual is 4.2 litre. Don't want to bring more as I don't want them to overfill the engine oil. As for the ATF, I am using their stock of Honda ATF-Z1 and they have used 6 litres for the flush. AFAIK, proper flushing will use more than that amount but it is better than keeping the old ATF in there. wink.gif Total damage was below RM400, where ATF used is already about RM190. Oil filter is around RM28. Washer for oil pan bolt is RM2. Some other things I can't remember,as it was actually my wife that sent it there, so pardon the gaps on infos here.

Regards.

leongts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
Just an update to my car service. Total is RM340.54, inclusive of 5% service tax. Itemization as follows: Labour for 20k km service RM117.00, washer drain nut 14mm RM1.91, ATF Z1 long life 6litrexRM31.65==>RM189.90 and lastly oil filter RM25.88.

Called up the Service Advisor(SA), and he mentioned that the drained ATF (supposedly used only 21,000km) was very dirty. Luckily changed it early. My owner manual (in Japanese) mentions that it should be changed at 60,000km. But judging from what was experienced, it is better to err on the safe side by changing it much earlier. Another problem is we won't know if they have tweaked the true mileage done by cars that they are selling. So, it that is the case, actual distance done on the car is actually higher; more prudent to change the fluids upon taking delivery of your car.

Regards.

KoE

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

KoE

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
waaa...good info..keep 'em coming smile_thumbup.gif

i saw the black 3.0 at cahaya auto cheras while i was there "looking" for some other mpv brands until i read some of the comments. perhaps i can haggle with the salesperson there and see how much they are willing to push down on that price. But i read rather negative reviews about the aftersale service by cahaya auto.

my earlier inclination was towards alphards but once i counted 17 alphards and estimas on mr2 stretch from gombak toll to sg besi...boy!!!....there were more of those on the roads than i counted taxis..that exclusive feeling is ain't there

leongts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
Yeah. It is quite disconcerting to read such negative reviews about that dealer. You came across that in another section of AW forum right? But my opinion is, there is not much things they can change out from Elysion, especially higher capacity model coz they are not as hot as Alphards and Estimas, or what was mentioned in the thread, Mercedes-Benz.

Anyway, there are more (slightly more smile_big.gif ) honest dealers out there. At least I got mine with everything intact and look pristine. Most probably my unit was a rental car back in Japan; low mileage but front seat belts slightly dirty.

For me, I don't care about exclusivity of my car. Just that it so happened Elysion gave me the best bang for my buck at that point of time. I am trying to avoid myself from dipping at the deeper end of the pool of debt. smile_blackeye.gif

Hope you can find your 2nd wife 059.gif soon. We need more fans of Elysion to come in and talk kok sing song here.

Regards.

leongts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
Just saw this in mudah.my. Very nice with bodykit, spoiler and aftermarket sui sui alloy rims.

Elysion with bodykit

Just a tip when you want to check for the year of manufacture.

1. Look at the center seat's belt buckle at center and last row. It should have a sticker to indicate date of manufacture
2. The steel plate under the driver seat has a manufacturing date stamp. Likewise for front passenger seat.

roselan58

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Sep 28 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Anyone own Elysion in here? Hope to exchange notes with you all. Pls drop in if you see this. Thanks.

Hi,

Im new here, my ride is 3LVX

Thanks

smile_cool.gif

leongts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (roselan58 @ Dec 10 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Im new here, my ride is 3LVX

Thanks

smile_cool.gif

Hi Roselan fing30.gif

Nice to have you chatting with us. Great to have a VX amongst us. Care to share what maintenances have you done? That will help us on when, where and what to do. On how to do, there is always mechanics that will take care of that.... smile_big.gif
Great to have you here and look forward to discuss more with you and everyone in here.

Regards.

roselan58

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Dec 10 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Roselan fing30.gif

Nice to have you chatting with us. Great to have a VX amongst us. Care to share what maintenances have you done? That will help us on when, where and what to do. On how to do, there is always mechanics that will take care of that.... smile_big.gif
Great to have you here and look forward to discuss more with you and everyone in here.

Regards.

Hi Leong,

I got the recond car early June '09 this year. I like the car despite of 'mousy noises' but all smooth rides when raining. The car comes with mugen body kits and 2 mugen steel mufflers & pipes. One sunroof, one moon roof, 2power doors that can be controlled remotely.

The silly things I did to the car;
a. Installed cobra alarm which I found out later it is not necessary once I got the batteries for the smart card - now I know its keyless smile_clown.gif
b. Installed the roof monitor and the accessories shop gave up how to connect it to the HDD Navi. Final solution installed a unit with video and audio rcas out connected to the aux rcas smile_dead.gif
c. Installed the 'rite cool' for the front screen, driver's window and front panssenger's window. So that they removed the heavily tinted rear screen and 2 back windows that came with the car (total blackness at nite only to rely on reverse camera).

I've changed the front brake rotors and the car don't wobble anymore when stepped on the brake paddle at any speed.

I send the car for service maintenance to USF every 10k km. Now +70k km. No que, can bring your synthetic oils smile_big.gif

Regards.

mt88

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

mt88

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Hello all Elysion users fing30.gif

http://www.shc-forum...pic.php?t=59008