Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Do MYVI have any problem?

• Please log in to reply

MASsenger

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (pipylim @ Apr 21 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MASsenger
hi bro,
u service ur car at p2 original service center? or outside?
have you change ur auto geaar oil?

mine oso 2006 but FEB
so far, got the sound when in non flat/rough road...
i think it is normal for a P2 car..because they design it with "ECONOMY FC" priority...so the chassic r LIGHT...

Sorry for this late reply bro, I`ve not been checking Perodua forum regularly. For the initial 2 years I serviced my car at Perodua SC without fail. All that time I was never really satisfied with the service. The level of service was minimum but they were quick to change items well before time. Once my spark plugs which were perfectly serviceable were changed after 4500km on the 1st set. Their reply was that their maintenance practice is to change plugs every 6 months regardless to km or condition. What a load of b/s! Few other items were also changed well before called for in the service manual. I`ve not changed my gear oil yet, as I`ve only done 34K km. If not mistaken, gb oil change is done at 45Kkm.

Now after 2 years, I service my car with a good mechanic following Perodua service manual. I know my car is better maintained at reduced cost. Can`t go wrong if you follow the service manual schedule. I use fully-sny oil, which some say is a waste of money. This is very subjective. No need to agrue with anyone as the debate between mineral and full-syn oils is age old. Do the research and decide for your self! Have done 4K on this oil, the engine runs cooler,quieter and better FC. Am pushing for 12K before the next oil change. If the engine performs well, then no matter who says what, fully synthetic oil will always be my oil of choice!

The REALdeal

dkhal2

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

dkhal2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ May 12 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) fuel pump defected after 2yr++ (need 1.7k++ to replaced)
==> not happen yet (touch wood) smile_big.gif only experiencing when pump full tank, got petrol smell in the cabin. the smell will dissapear after finishing about half tank

2) comfort loss n interior noise after 2yrs (like my 8yrs wira)
==> agree with u. in the 1st-2nd years the car feels good but after 3rd year, the suspension begin to appear abnormal sound esp on uneven road. not sure is related to the nct5 tyres or not

3) engine suddenly die off due to temperature sensor.
==> not serious as u. so far, only experiencing engine vibrate like hell when idle. it intermittent. mechanic also not sure what happen

4) fuel comsuption high (full tank 280-300km)
==> agree. manual i not sure same or not

5) car feel underpower (during highway, hard to overtake car on 110kmh)
==> agree. is like 110kmh is the top speed for the car.

6) radio defect after 1yrs
==> i got fren radio always hang.

7) temperature sensor socket easily loose when change spark plug
==> not experience yet

8) ecu replacement
==> not experience yet

Hi, I just want to share my nightmares by owning Myvi 1.3 auto bought in May last year (1 year-old). My Myvi had the the following problems:
1) Very HIGH fuel consumption even till today. It used 13.2L/100KM OR 7.55KM/L OR 33-35KM/bar fuel indicator. I had complaint to Perodua HQ KL via email & they had sent a technician from their HQ today (after more than a month complaint) to gauge the fuel consumption of my Myvi. He recorded digitally with a petrol sensor connected to my car engine compartment which revealed 9.5KM/L (KB town driving though I don't know how he drove my car) & 14km/L for highway cruising at a speed of 70-80km/Hour. So, I have to accept it asit is as they said it's a normal standard for Myvi auto.

2) I had replaced 2 power windows (1 is the master power window at the driver's side & 1 at the front passenger). This might be much worse than Proton cars!!?

3) There's a gruelling sound when you want to excellerate back after you slow down at corners etc as if the gear was changed to 1st gear from 3rd or 4th gear resulting in an obvious hickup feeling.

I really felt that I was cheated by Perodua which always claimed their cars are fuel efficient & have smooth gear change. I didn't test drive the car before buying it as there's no test drive unit available. Anyway, I have to live with the car for the next 5 years at least. Thus, I had sworn myself that I won't buy any Perodua cars anymore as they had cheated us with all those claims. If u have a choice, please do NOT repeat the same mistakes that I did as you'll regret for live. It's just my 5 cents!

mp420

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Even when u test drive drive the car, u can't judge the FC. If the FC is not good, try to maintain your right foot and try to drive <110km/h. Fuel economy is just a slogan, like Shell always claim their petrol can "Lebih Kilometer" smile_big.gif . For me, Shell petrol FC is just same like other petrol. It depend on people perception towards a brand. That's why Myvi still selling like hot cakes despite the introduction of Saga/Persona. smile_cool.gif

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

dereklaw

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

dereklaw

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 953 posts
QUOTE (dkhal2 @ May 21 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I just want to share my nightmares by owning Myvi 1.3 auto bought in May last year (1 year-old). My Myvi had the the following problems:
1) Very HIGH fuel consumption even till today. It used 13.2L/100KM OR 7.55KM/L OR 33-35KM/bar fuel indicator. I had complaint to Perodua HQ KL via email & they had sent a technician from their HQ today (after more than a month complaint) to gauge the fuel consumption of my Myvi. He recorded digitally with a petrol sensor connected to my car engine compartment which revealed 9.5KM/L (KB town driving though I don't know how he drove my car) & 14km/L for highway cruising at a speed of 70-80km/Hour. So, I have to accept it asit is as they said it's a normal standard for Myvi auto.

I can't comment on your other problems as I don't drive a MyVi. However, would like to share some thoughts on your FC and your driving pattern. Based on your claimed FC, its very bad for a 1.3L engine. Even with mixed driving, jams + highways, the FC should not be that bad. Hence, some of the points you need to check out:

(i) Which petrol station do you normally pump and brand of petrol. Try to vary different brands of petrol and from different petrol stations. You will be suprised, some stations give me only 1L:9km whereas different stations give me 1L:12km. Try to use almost to empty before you switch brands / petrol stations.

(2) Tyre pressure - are you following the recommended tyre pressure. If yes, try increasing by say 1 psi or 2 psi and see whether it helps.

(3) Engine oil - are u using the recommended engine oil. Here u can also try to switch brands / types of engine oil the next time u service your car.

(4) Air Filter - when was the last time u cleaned or changed your air filter. Having an efficient air-filter will ensure a smoother combustion and better FC

(5) Spark Plugs - Has your mechanic cleaned / checked your spark plugs. Efficient spark plugs help in the combustation process.

(6) Driving pattern - acclerate and brake smooth for better FC

Lastly, how do u measure your Fuel Consumation. This one, I leave it to the other sifus to comment.

......Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by
the moments that take our breath away. It's really amazing when
two strangers become the best of friends, but it is really sad when
the best of friends become two strangers......

miesten

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

miesten

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
True. I got different FC from different pump station, even the brand is the same! Shell extra mile promotion what so ever is not helping at all.

My EZi is already 1 yr old.

FC still the same. 12-13 km/l 100% city driving, depending on how hard I rev during gear change, below 2500 is better. Highway got 17 (clocked during family trip to KL, fully loaded). I attached a Raizin Blue to the batt.

Radio? Already change to Pioneer the first week I received the car.

Loss of comfort? I put the blame on the very poor road condition. Utter rubbish. Death to the yellow stripes. Even my friend new swift got rattling noise in the dashboard.

The only problem so far, the LF power window got stuck, intermittent. Sent to SC, now OK.

btw, is really myvi Spark Plug worth RM60 at SC? What type?

How long before you move from SC to under the tree workshop?

mp420

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
U got different FC from different station? Never experience this before. Hehe. Shell Lebih Kilometer is not a promotion. Is their marketing gimmick. smile_big.gif

What kind of spark plug RM60? Made in Japan 1? Buy outside not that expensive. lol smile_big.gif

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

MASsenger

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
I feel the FC on the Myvi is not bad. You have to consider the fact it`s a large body and the engine is only a 1.3liter. Compare it with other 1.3s, it`s pretty much the same. The Honda I-DSI engines are better on FC.

The REALdeal

alldisc

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
myvi problem? engine oil must change after turns black.

spark plug must change after certain period

road tax must renew ocne expired

tayar must change when botak...

petrol must refill when goes low

other than that, nothing much lah.

swinee

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
mine 1.3ezi auto 3 1/2 yrs dy..

1) FC poor?
i not sure how is consider good FC, but for me is acceptable...
400-450km city driving per tank, if highway driving 550km @120km/h smile_blush.gif

2) lousy service center?
change another SC, i beleive there is many lying around, mine was good and effiecient, just make sure make appointment b4 u go.. smile_blush.gif

3) radio, power window, aircon problematic?
me so far so good..touch wood.. smile_blush.gif

4) steering juddering?
YES, i do agree..mine 1st time cahnge disc, after 1/2 yr, it comes back haunt me..
den 2nd time change disc + brake pad 1 year nth happen still..touch wood again.. smile_blush.gif

other than that, i cant find any fault le..perhaps it bores on how u maintain the car and daily usage... smile_blush.gif

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ May 22 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine 1.3ezi auto 3 1/2 yrs dy..

1) FC poor?
i not sure how is consider good FC, but for me is acceptable...
400-450km city driving per tank, if highway driving 550km @120km/h smile_blush.gif

2) lousy service center?
change another SC, i beleive there is many lying around, mine was good and effiecient, just make sure make appointment b4 u go.. smile_blush.gif

3) radio, power window, aircon problematic?
me so far so good..touch wood.. smile_blush.gif

4) steering juddering?
YES, i do agree..mine 1st time cahnge disc, after 1/2 yr, it comes back haunt me..
den 2nd time change disc + brake pad 1 year nth happen still..touch wood again.. smile_blush.gif

other than that, i cant find any fault le..perhaps it bores on how u maintain the car and daily usage... smile_blush.gif