Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

The French Affair

• Please log in to reply

whitestorm

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Hi all,

Some of you might or might not remember me. I was one of the hopeful 308 owners who got so disappointed by their service that I canceled my booking. And then I went ahead to get a pre-owned Golf GTI MK5 which I am driving now.

Some might be wondering why the hell am I starting a thread here when I am/should be happy like a dog with a bone after getting the Golf.... Seriously, I don't even know why.

But something that has been bugging me and I've kept coming back to this Peugeot forum to read on the latest going on with the 308. Reading through all the new topics, I felt pain for some new & soon to be owners (I totally understand how you guys feel) & I also feel the happiness that some have received their Lions (be it the 308 or 3008).

I think I've been bitten by the French bug and is still having a French Affair with the 308. Deep down inside I still wish that I could be a Lion owner like you guys. Maybe it's because of the tight crew you guys have here that makes it special being part of the Lion family.

Maybe....just maybe....I could actually put an order down again for a 308 soon. My other half need to change her car soon.
So watch this space!

pogostik

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

pogostik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
The first cut is the deepest

I still want you by my side
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
And I'm sure gonna give you a try… just remember
The first cut is the deepest.

059.gif 059.gif

whitestorm

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (pogostik @ Jul 20 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first cut is the deepest

059.gif 059.gif

I think so too mate! It must have been the wonderful test drive I had. Too bad for the service that followed after that.

vediaz

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

vediaz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
one of the reason why i own lion is the circle of friends that exist in this forum and peugeot club... yep.. the aftersales is sucks a**... but hey... apart from waiting for stock... so far my services have been wonderful so far... maybe because i keep my expectation so low... even lower than the mucus.. ahhaha...

come on... 508 is coming... do join...
Vediaz

beezbub

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
don't worry, when u get 1 & had it with them, by that time, there could be the caped sticker boys (& girls) of "NASIM TAK GUNA".

vediaz

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

vediaz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (beezbub @ Jul 20 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't worry, when u get 1 & had it with them, by that time, there could be the caped sticker boys (& girls) of "NASIM TAK GUNA".

hahaha... we already know that.... (or i know that already to be precise)... nasim mmg crap... because being led by ceo nasarudin, the crap... all his managers BullS*** him day in day out, especially the customer service department... still can put 'charismatic' face in public... hahahah... i wonder how he got up every morning... proud being BullS****ed? smile_big.gif

still.. i own lion now... because i dont rely on nasim... i got circle of lion friends... and internet/ebay to solve my lion problem... maybe that is just me...

so before you join the lion family... ensure you prepare for this nasim crap... or else you will end up like some of us here...
Vediaz

jc81

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

jc81

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
well...someone said this before in this forum (can't exactly remember who) and I can't agree more with him..."treat this car/lion as you would a RM90K+ car in Malaysia and you won't get disappointed one bit" ..and so far, it's been working great for me hehehehhehehe...compare to all the sub RM100K cars and being in the segment of Civic and Altis, you really don't get better then this!! biggrin.gif Cheers!!

alanong

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

alanong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (jc81 @ Jul 21 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well...someone said this before in this forum (can't exactly remember who) and I can't agree more with him..."treat this car/lion as you would a RM90K+ car in Malaysia and you won't get disappointed one bit" ..and so far, it's been working great for me hehehehhehehe...compare to all the sub RM100K cars and being in the segment of Civic and Altis, you really don't get better then this!! biggrin.gif Cheers!!

Not sure how much the second hand value for 308 VTI and 308 TURBO now?

tekeitho

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

tekeitho

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (alanong @ Jul 21 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure how much the second hand value for 308 VTI and 308 TURBO now?

I did test drive Apr-2009 version on jun-2010 at 2nd hand car dealer, selling at rm85k excluded insurance & name transfer. After add up everything, total 89++k...which compare to the 2009 version selling around 95k (before facelift), i concur to buy new one...

jc81

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

jc81

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (tekeitho @ Jul 21 2010, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did test drive Apr-2009 version on jun-2010 at 2nd hand car dealer, selling at rm85k excluded insurance & name transfer. After add up everything, total 89++k...which compare to the 2009 version selling around 95k (before facelift), i concur to buy new one...

wow...that's good resale value of our lion...after a year, only a loss of RM10K...not bad at all.. smile.gif but I'm definitely not selling mine anytime soon...hehehehhe