Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3m Tinting - Group Discount

• Please log in to reply

hakimi79

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (hah @ Aug 6 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bros deion & hakimi,
do u mind telling me where u did ur 3M tinting. I wud prefer to go to a shop that had done on a 308 before.
Thanx

it's written there bro. Tintworks in Sunway Mas. They spent 4 hours to do my car. You do the math about the quality. smile_big.gif

Viper

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Viper

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Aug 6 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's written there bro. Tintworks in Sunway Mas. They spent 4 hours to do my car. You do the math about the quality. smile_big.gif

Hi...I am not driving Pug at all...Just sharing some info on 3M tint film.

I am constant supporter to Tintworks. In fact I got the contact of Tintworks from 3M HQ b4 I did my tinting on my wira 9 yrs ago. (Long story cut short). Then 5 yrs back my CT was with Tintworks as well.

Although 5 yrs back 3M yet to invented any innovative product like Chrystalline, my CT tint also done by them.
Last year I change my front windscreen to Chrystalline 70, I would say superb!

Till date I have recommended more then 15 cars (frens n colleague even forummer to get their tint from Tintworks)
None of them regreted the quality of the film as well as the workmanships from Tintworks. [By the way, I am an end user like you guys not earning a single cents from Tintworks nor commission].

as hakimi79 stated, 4 hours per car......you do ur math abt the quality.

Film plays an important part and workmanship counts as well, you guys can take a look at the cars on the road, you will find that most of the rear windscreen film starting to fill with bubbles! There goes the quality of the tints n workmanship!

I bet most of the bubbles cars are less then 5 years old.

I just wanna share my experience on the film and hope forummers benefit and not cheated by other installer. Workmanship and film are indeed very important!

mechanic

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

mechanic

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (Viper @ Aug 6 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi...I am not driving Pug at all...Just sharing some info on 3M tint film.

I am constant supporter to Tintworks. In fact I got the contact of Tintworks from 3M HQ b4 I did my tinting on my wira 9 yrs ago. (Long story cut short). Then 5 yrs back my CT was with Tintworks as well.

Although 5 yrs back 3M yet to invented any innovative product like Chrystalline, my CT tint also done by them.
Last year I change my front windscreen to Chrystalline 70, I would say superb!

Till date I have recommended more then 15 cars (frens n colleague even forummer to get their tint from Tintworks)
None of them regreted the quality of the film as well as the workmanships from Tintworks. [By the way, I am an end user like you guys not earning a single cents from Tintworks nor commission].

as hakimi79 stated, 4 hours per car......you do ur math abt the quality.

Film plays an important part and workmanship counts as well, you guys can take a look at the cars on the road, you will find that most of the rear windscreen film starting to fill with bubbles! There goes the quality of the tints n workmanship!

I bet most of the bubbles cars are less then 5 years old.

I just wanna share my experience on the film and hope forummers benefit and not cheated by other installer. Workmanship and film are indeed very important!

I got different experience with 3M. As a products i think its OK. But i've done my tint in Manjalara and today i go back for some rectification works... To my SURPRISE the owner insist not to rectify the bubble on my Moonroof coz he said i already touch the area. WTF, now i endup with some big bubble on my moonroof. Will share the picture tommorow. But they do change the small buble on one of the panel... I think he dont want to change the moonrof coz its big and too costly to him. But i'm not going to settle for the lack of quality Manjalara 3M installer shown. WIll forward the issue to 3M malaysia.

3M Manjalara... erkk... Not recommended based on the above experience... cheers...
I'm OffshoreMan Working Offshore Oil & Gas

hakimi79

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (mechanic @ Aug 8 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got different experience with 3M. As a products i think its OK. But i've done my tint in Manjalara and today i go back for some rectification works... To my SURPRISE the owner insist not to rectify the bubble on my Moonroof coz he said i already touch the area. WTF, now i endup with some big bubble on my moonroof. Will share the picture tommorow. But they do change the small buble on one of the panel... I think he dont want to change the moonrof coz its big and too costly to him. But i'm not going to settle for the lack of quality Manjalara 3M installer shown. WIll forward the issue to 3M malaysia.

3M Manjalara... erkk... Not recommended based on the above experience... cheers...

big bubble? please post the pic.
but why they need to change the film? i thought they will only 'skim' the film slowly and gently.
btw, are your all around 3m crystalline or mixed with other 3m series. did you watch the whole installation process?

alankkwong

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (mechanic @ Aug 8 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro, good service comes with a price... Just my 2 cents...

CHEAP NO GOOD....
GOOD NO CHEAP....
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

azhelmy

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

azhelmy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Aug 8 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CHEAP NO GOOD....
GOOD NO CHEAP....

alan, did you tinted your car?what brand you use? mellow.gif

alankkwong

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (azhelmy @ Aug 8 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
alan, did you tinted your car?what brand you use? mellow.gif

I used 3M, but they charged me RM 1700.00

Its a fact of life.... sometimes, the product is good, but when sold cheap... the service sucks!

azhelmy

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

azhelmy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Aug 8 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used 3M, but they charged me RM 1700.00

Its a fact of life.... sometimes, the product is good, but when sold cheap... the service sucks!

where you have it done?rm1700 including moonroof?

alankkwong

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (azhelmy @ Aug 8 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where you have it done?rm1700 including moonroof?

nope... not including moonroof... did it in KS

mechanic

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

mechanic

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Aug 8 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CHEAP NO GOOD....
GOOD NO CHEAP....

There is one popular Offshoreman saying ' You Pay Peanut, You Get Monkey!" smile_big.gif
I'm OffshoreMan Working Offshore Oil & Gas