Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Proton Iswara Lmst - Fc Teruk

• Please log in to reply

barry

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

barry

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

g88

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
i think u have to retune your carb. Not easy to find an experience tuner for carb. Even proton one they count on modern device.

limking

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ May 5 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think u have to retune your carb. Not easy to find an experience tuner for carb. Even proton one they count on modern device.

Agreed , guess you gonna retune then afterall . Your f/c are really bad . by the way , have you check your fuel filter coz a clogged/dirty one will also cause high f/c ,too .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

mp420

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Many reasons affecting the FC. Engine component not maintain well from previous owner also one of the reason.

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:10 PM

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ May 5 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many reasons affecting the FC. Engine component not maintain well from previous owner also one of the reason.

mayb the previous owner from sepang...go sepang curcuit race....i believe u nd 2 retune back the car lor...cheers..

ntc2000

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

replace exhaust lor... i know paramount PESC know how to fix this shit... a lot people complain for LMST

barry

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

barry

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Thanks for your advice, friends. Looks like I have to find me a good mechanic to tune up my carb - any recommendations for a good mechanic? I have also changed the stupid noisy useless rear muffler to the standard Iswara one which is much quieter.

nofear1979

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your advice, friends. Looks like I have to find me a good mechanic to tune up my carb - any recommendations for a good mechanic? I have also changed the stupid noisy useless rear muffler to the standard Iswara one which is much quieter.

noisy and powerless.... good to change it...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

ntc2000

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ May 5 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
noisy and powerless.... good to change it...

yalor, i wonder why P1 use that stupid exhaust.... after use 1-2 year, its sound like mile tin... ciplak muffler

fkmfkm

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ May 5 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yalor, i wonder why P1 use that stupid exhaust.... after use 1-2 year, its sound like mile tin... ciplak muffler

cheap mah...more profit...