Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What To Expect Of A Disco 2.5 Td5?

• Please log in to reply

zoso

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

zoso

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

Need some advise.

I am looking at getting a Disco TD5 2.5 year 99/2000.
Looked at some adds for this model abt 100K-120K mileage.

1. What would be the average/reasonable price for this model?

2. My needs are for a vehicle for outstation travel and construction site use. no offroad. Though a pick-up would suffice, I really prefer a something like a Disco(which has been my all time favourite). But my thoughts are, can i afford a Disco(maintenance wise)?

3. Looking at the age and model, what would I need to lookout for when I visit the 2nd hand dealership and inspect the car?

4.What would be the major problems(cost wise) for this model? I wouldn't mind spending a bit to bringing it up to reliable running condition. Just wouldn't want it to break down on my outstation trips.

5.next would be maintenance. What would the average service and major service costs? and at what intervals?

6.FC and R/Tax for this particular model?

TSIJetta

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (zoso @ Jun 14 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

Need some advise.

I am looking at getting a Disco TD5 2.5 year 99/2000.
Looked at some adds for this model abt 100K-120K mileage.

1. What would be the average/reasonable price for this model?

2. My needs are for a vehicle for outstation travel and construction site use. no offroad. Though a pick-up would suffice, I really prefer a something like a Disco(which has been my all time favourite). But my thoughts are, can i afford a Disco(maintenance wise)?

3. Looking at the age and model, what would I need to lookout for when I visit the 2nd hand dealership and inspect the car?

4.What would be the major problems(cost wise) for this model? I wouldn't mind spending a bit to bringing it up to reliable running condition. Just wouldn't want it to break down on my outstation trips.

5.next would be maintenance. What would the average service and major service costs? and at what intervals?

6.FC and R/Tax for this particular model?

Get a Captiva 2.0 diesel (AWD). Alternative CRV or Xtrail if you not keen on pick-ups. Service is reasonable & roadtax is 2.0

tpl

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
u sure u wan get disco?? high maintenance wo..
2012 NMT President

m6maestro

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

m6maestro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
If you are thinking about maintenance - shows you can't afford a Disco. You must have the stomach for it.

Tourist

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
It's like asking, should I married an exotic beautiful super model as wife or a homely girl next door. What do you people think?

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

br1

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (m6maestro @ Sep 21 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are thinking about maintenance - shows you can't afford a Disco. You must have the stomach for it.

also if you like the shape and look of the car? then go ahead, and maintenance and repairs bills come next as long as you like it.