Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bmw- Banyak Masuk Workshop Myth

• Please log in to reply

Acegt

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (rabpaul @ Jul 4 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No such thing lah, you think people drive the 7 series like they do a car with an M badge e.g red line 1st gear?

Read carefully lah, nobody said about redlining the engine. Just get the engine to go over 3200rpm a few times when you are driving.

Sludge is cause basically because of neglect, you don't change oil as per the recommended interval and Malaysia is not the same as Germany as far as weather or quality of petrol/diesel is concerned so you can't apply the same intervals either, I would think by now every BMW owner knows this.

Neglecting maintenance is just one of the reason for sludge formation, there are other factors too.

magura

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (nazirmz @ Jun 16 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just to add, if you get paid once a month and in 4 figures only I recommend best not to touch these cars.

Yup, agreed...these beemer are for those wt fat wallet & owned his/her own business or if "makan gaji" earns more than RM20k/mth or better, its a company car.

Normal wage earner, stick to those more realistic/affordable ride (in msia ler due to high car taxes here)

rabpaul

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

rabpaul

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
QUOTE (Acegt @ Jul 5 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read carefully lah, nobody said about redlining the engine. Just get the engine to go over 3200rpm a few times when you are driving.

3200 RPM is not sports driving lah and far from pushing the engine as you put it.

ycfoo

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
I don't BMW r that "BMW"... most of the time is lack of care from the 1st owner... then when come to 2nd or 3rd owner they hv to spend more $$ to get it batch back..

Acegt

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (rabpaul @ Jul 5 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3200 RPM is not sports driving lah and far from pushing the engine as you put it.

Ok lah, u and I have different meaning for that word. Redlining for me will be pushing hard.

doncityz

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

doncityz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
QUOTE (Acegt @ Jun 14 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The car is designed to be a sports car, so it will be more fragile and less lasting than its German counterparts Mercedes and Audi. Most of the complainers are those get this car for style and status reasons. They also drive the cars slowly and gently instead of driving it hard. This is bound to cause problems later. Another group of complainers are those who get a cheap 2nd hand unit which was not well maintained then spend the entire time owning it bringing from one workshop to another trying to perfect the car.

I duno but others la but I think this Acegt opinion's a crock.
Just dreaming the power of dreams...

madex

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
I am not sure we can call it myth but opinion is;

BMW really have good recipe for those who love driving dynamic feel without compromising ride comfort. Poeple who understand this feel normally will have an 'emotional bond' on a car. So they take attention more to it condition inside out. They know how the car feel and behave and they know if there is something not right. As a result, even with small squek and rattles, they will visit workshop for diagnostic but not nessessarily repair. If there is, they probably take noted earlier and start having financial plan. In addition to this, there are owners take too much care especially for second owner. Whether is love or phobia, they will bring their ride to workshop even there are not sure if there is a problem. So somehow it become a habit. They just don't feel right if the car not visiting workshop after 2 months, for example. So you may find a BMW at workshop but not for repair.

But what happen mostly now is since BMW is a premium brand, normally the car will be driven rich people for brand and images. Sadly, most of them pretty much know nothing to care about the car other than just make it look clean and shining at any occasion. Yes they sent it to SC for service and yes those guys at SC will advise what change. But that's may not be enough. It is like loving our children, we don't just send it to school and believe teacher sorted everything The question is are they being honest or just need your money?. So by the time it sold to second owner, there you go... Banyak Masuk Workshop, Broke My Wallet and so on..

Acegt

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (doncityz @ Jul 19 2011, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I duno but others la but I think this Acegt opinion's a crock.

don't be an imbecile and give stupid one liners. Just give your view on the myth

Acegt

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (madex @ Jul 19 2011, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure we can call it myth but opinion is;

But what happen mostly now is since BMW is a premium brand, normally the car will be driven rich people for brand and images. Sadly, most of them pretty much know nothing to care about the car other than just make it look clean and shining at any occasion.

I knew some people who bought the car new without test driving and then later complain about the harsh ride, expensive tyres and no spare in the boot.

madex

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
QUOTE (Acegt @ Jul 20 2011, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew some people who bought the car new without test driving and then later complain about the harsh ride, expensive tyres and no spare in the boot.

So are they rich people or just 'bodoh sombong' (if you know what it mean). Or could be both? smile_big.gif