Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Captiva Battery

• Please log in to reply

dzulkeply

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

dzulkeply

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

My Captiva Diesel battery is dead. I'm going to call AAM to replace the battery. What should I tell the AAM guy which battery that I should use? Thanks

wing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
AAM should know which battery to replace when you inform them the type of vehicle.
My Kembara...almost anywhere also can.

tazztham

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
i hope so. but they will not have the exact model/size. most likely with N90 or N120

tazztham

TSIJetta

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (dzulkeply @ Jun 13 2011, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

My Captiva Diesel battery is dead. I'm going to call AAM to replace the battery. What should I tell the AAM guy which battery that I should use? Thanks

My battery also gone dead without any warning signs. Called Kurnia Auto Assist, but they dont know the battery specs until I told them it's N70Z (I think la..), then only they brought it to change @ RM 280 incl installation.

br1

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Jun 21 2011, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My battery also gone dead without any warning signs. Called Kurnia Auto Assist, but they dont know the battery specs until I told them it's N70Z (I think la..), then only they brought it to change @ RM 280 incl installation.

It under power - for a diesel car! NX120, 90amp is the correct spec

TSIJetta

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jun 22 2011, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Terima Kasi atas informasi Abang Br1... trink39.gif

cyberider

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jun 22 2011, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Furthermore, wet cell last longer than dry cell (maintenance free), special in diesel car.

wing

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
QUOTE (cyberider @ Jun 23 2011, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Furthermore, wet cell last longer than dry cell (maintenance free), special in diesel car.

How is that Cyberider?
My Kembara...almost anywhere also can.

cyberider

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Jun 24 2011, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is that Cyberider?

Hi Wing,

Sorry for belated reply, tied up with works.

let's go back to fundamentals of batteries, two major components are electrodes (plates), and electrolyte (battery water mixed with acid). Wet cell is easier to maintain, by ensuring the electrolyte at optimum level. However modern people getting lazy to check their bonnet, so people invented "dry cell", where the electrolyte in gel form and no longer liquid form. This will safe the trouble to check and top up battery water from time to time, however there is no way to keep the electrolyte in optimum level all the time, as the result, not as lasting as well cell.

Any other better explanation from other sifu are mostly welcome. biggrin.gif

seanho1

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

seanho1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (dzulkeply @ Jun 13 2011, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

My bDiesel battery is not so perform now. the service centre advice me to change to nx120 korean battery when time is come. is cost me Rm500.
i will go for battery checking during my next service. i hope still got time for checking. my battery already using for 1 year.