Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

16" Or 17" For Swift

• Please log in to reply

NohadT5

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
Planning to upgrade my SS wheel size to 16" or 17" but undecided which size to install.

Will like to install 17" but kind of worried the ride will be very jarring with the 17" thin side wall and will be worse with upgraded suspension and might be a bit too heavy for the puny engine.
16" should be ok but might not look aggresive enough with the SSS bodykit. smile_tongue.gif smile_blush.gif

Any recommendation as per your experience?
NohadT5

andy111172

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (NohadT5 @ Jun 9 2011, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Planning to upgrade my SS wheel size to 16" or 17" but undecided which size to install.

Will like to install 17" but kind of worried the ride will be very jarring with the 17" thin side wall and will be worse with upgraded suspension and might be a bit too heavy for the puny engine.
16" should be ok but might not look aggresive enough with the SSS bodykit. smile_tongue.gif smile_blush.gif

Any recommendation as per your experience?

It depends on what you want and you already said it yourself... 17 will affect the ride and pulling ability but the 16 will not look 'badass' enough...
Personally, I would go for 17 inchers coz it looks better with the kits. Even with 16, your car will not pick up any much faster anyway with that puny engine... so better go for the killer looks...

Just my 2 cents...

NohadT5

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Jun 11 2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so better go for the killer looks...

Hahaha......gaya ada, power takda smile_blush.gif

NohadT5

andy111172

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (NohadT5 @ Jun 11 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha......gaya ada, power takda smile_blush.gif

Yep.. that's right... 'a sheep in wolf clothing'...

Since the 1.5 liter engine is nothing to shout about even with the standard 15" wheels, you can opt to excel in other department, which is the looks and handling... at least you don't end up with a car with both no power and stereotypical looks...That's how I look at it...

By the way, you can always consider engine mod to match the looks...

NohadT5

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Jun 12 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can always consider engine mod to match the looks...

That's the next step but slowly lah, like when I get to stay in Malaysia longer & budget.
Decided to build up this car rather than the SX4 as this car has more after market parts to play with. smile_wink.gif

NohadT5

Pepper3

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Pepper3

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (NohadT5 @ Jun 13 2011, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the next step but slowly lah, like when I get to stay in Malaysia longer & budget.
Decided to build up this car rather than the SX4 as this car has more after market parts to play with. smile_wink.gif

The car already not a drag champ in terms of pick-up.. well with larger rims, not much diff lar since engine already poor in pick-up but well will definitely look great as long as you choose a matching set of rims! smile_approve.gif
Read somewhere, the engine can be turbo-charged if not at least re-map the ECU.. you may wanna consider these then..

NohadT5

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Pepper3 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The car already not a drag champ in terms of pick-up.. well with larger rims, not much diff lar since engine already poor in pick-up but well will definitely look great as long as you choose a matching set of rims! smile_approve.gif

That gives us the best excuse to upgrade the Intake & Exhaust ASAP tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pepper3 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read somewhere, the engine can be turbo-charged if not at least re-map the ECU.. you may wanna consider these then..

A bit later lah, no budget yet smile_blush.gif but it's definitely in the plan.
NohadT5