Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Captiva Tail Pipe

• Please log in to reply

cyberider

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
Hello to all bros.

Sorry for belated update, I got the tail pipe done, just install the SS elbow, and used back the original pipe.
Total damage is only 80, what a must do for all Captivian. However you can have the choice to use bigger tail pipe, just add $$$
They even polish the old dirty tail pipe, giving it a nice and shine finish before installation. smile_thumbup.gif

Now no more black stain at rear bumper teu35.gif

br1

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (cyberider @ Jun 4 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello to all bros.

Sorry for belated update, I got the tail pipe done, just install the SS elbow, and used back the original pipe.
Total damage is only 80, what a must do for all Captivian. However you can have the choice to use bigger tail pipe, just add $$$
They even polish the old dirty tail pipe, giving it a nice and shine finish before installation. smile_thumbup.gif

Now no more black stain at rear bumper teu35.gif

wah - still use back ori tailpipes, I dont like the look (too roundish) and one of the inner part can come loose due to the cutting and have klak klak noises on vibration of the pipes - just my past experience and in the end ask yew to get us the customised made oval shaped SS tailpipes from Taiwan to fit and match our car's twin oval shaped rear garnish.

CLEAN BACKSIDE FROM NOW FOR YOU - CHEERS!

wing

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
Yet to do mine. Must find time and get it over with, else the back will be too black.
My Kembara...almost anywhere also can.

cyberider

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Jun 4 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet to do mine. Must find time and get it over with, else the back will be too black.

I think you guys can consider bro br1's suggestion to also change the tail pipe, look nicer. So any update ka?

wing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
I go for practicality. If it does not give me anything in return, I don't get it.

wing

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
just did my tail BR1 way. Reused. The guy advised to remove the catalytic as it normally last for a year which will block the flow that reduces power. Have not change. Was wondering you guys with an older Captiva whether you experience any issue thus far. The guy also said that if changed to a straight flow type, there would be more smoke but better power. He claimed he had replaced many diesel type vehicle.

What's your comment?

br1

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Jun 11 2011, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just did my tail BR1 way. Reused. The guy advised to remove the catalytic as it normally last for a year which will block the flow that reduces power. Have not change. Was wondering you guys with an older Captiva whether you experience any issue thus far. The guy also said that if changed to a straight flow type, there would be more smoke but better power. He claimed he had replaced many diesel type vehicle.

What's your comment?

Dont listen to the under the cherry tree "sin kar lan" mechanic, to cut this n do that, all these are sensor controlled.
He is trying to sell you some Ah Beng's exhaust? - there

Just keep it. We have already done it 3 yrs ago and at last still install back after finding fault and no uses for it.
If you trash it out occassionally on the highway it is cleaned. The DPF is already taken off to suit euro 2 - that's why we have alittle of extra Ompppp of muncho black smoke! We have already discussed about this 3 yrs ago too with GM top engineers.

wing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

wing

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
Ahhhh....Thank BR1. Does it require to be replaced at a certain interval or this things last for quite a bit?

br1

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (wing @ Jun 13 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhhh....Thank BR1. Does it require to be replaced at a certain interval or this things last for quite a bit?

Last for for already 3 yrs and more than 160k kms, guess yours have a long time to reach that stage?

tazztham

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jun 13 2011, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last for for already 3 yrs and more than 160k kms, guess yours have a long time to reach that stage?

br1 is right. don't throw out the CAT or else u will be smelling a lot of NOx which is bad. my first gen diesel commonrail FIAT...yes FIAT already clocked 200K with ori exhaust which has a CAT in between. No problem bro.

like i said before, u need to do 'italian tuning/tune up' once a week to 'clean' it. smile_big.gif

one of the night i saw 'spark' like burning charcol coming out from my exhaust when doing max up!!! i just cleared the carbon deposit inside...hahaha

tazztham