Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Alternator

• Please log in to reply

beemc

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Recently I noticed that my engine bay have some kind of sound like something is not rotating smoothly... I tot it was the iafm, but my car do not face power loss while accelerating( last time my iafm faulty, i faced power loss while accelerating)... so i suspect it was the alternator that give out such a sound... my car is 2yrs old... nvr change battery and alternator before... izzit possible is alternator faulty? how to identify it?

fakhrulrz

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
my car have same prblm but i think not cause bt alternator... i think belting... while the engine cold in the morning, my engine got sound... & i test give the water at belting the sound got louder.... after engine was hot, the sound disable....

beemc

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
For my case, even after 45mins of driving, when I stop down and open my bonnet, the sound is still there >.< my car only clock at 30k km so far...too early for timing belt faulty since i remember timing belt can last for 80k km? The sound is like IAFM failure, "tak tak tak tak...."... but i only changed my iafm unit approx 6months ago. sad.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (beemc @ May 19 2011, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For my case, even after 45mins of driving, when I stop down and open my bonnet, the sound is still there >.< my car only clock at 30k km so far...too early for timing belt faulty since i remember timing belt can last for 80k km? The sound is like IAFM failure, "tak tak tak tak...."... but i only changed my iafm unit approx 6months ago. sad.gif

U can easily locate the sound if u hear closely.

Regarding the IAFM,
I change mine for the 2nd time in less than 6 month on my BLM.

beemc

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
OH MY!!! IAFM so "fragile" ar? can spoil so easy? damn wei...i remember it cost around 200+... mine edi no warranty... din take the EWP thingy smile_dead.gif ... but i remember last time when my iafm is faulty, i can feel my car lag of power... keep steping on the pedal also the car wont pecut and i din even realize my iafm is faulty until a friendly SA from Melaka SC told me my iafm is faulty. The only way to identify a faulty iafm unit is the "tak tak tak" sound?

fakhrulrz

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (beemc @ May 19 2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH MY!!! IAFM so "fragile" ar? can spoil so easy? damn wei...i remember it cost around 200+... mine edi no warranty... din take the EWP thingy smile_dead.gif ... but i remember last time when my iafm is faulty, i can feel my car lag of power... keep steping on the pedal also the car wont pecut and i din even realize my iafm is faulty until a friendly SA from Melaka SC told me my iafm is faulty. The only way to identify a faulty iafm unit is the "tak tak tak" sound?

yes... i also change my aifm but once... until now so far so good.. true about the lack if iafm faulty.. i can feel it.. i change my iafm at 2009.... ask the sc mechanic about the price rm 600... he said the iafm price drop so far bcoz the faulty.....

beemc

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
rm600?! ohmy.gif until now my engine bay still having that sound leh... but inside the passenger cabin i cant hear anything, only can hear that sound when i open my bonnet... the sound of IAFM faulty can be hear inside passenger cabin or not?

fakhrulrz

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (beemc @ May 20 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rm600?! ohmy.gif until now my engine bay still having that sound leh... but inside the passenger cabin i cant hear anything, only can hear that sound when i open my bonnet... the sound of IAFM faulty can be hear inside passenger cabin or not?

at my time iafm faulty, i can hear the sound from cabin... good for u to refer the prblm to a friendly sc. i think if the sound hear when open the bonet, like the motor sound of the iafm to pressure the air to engine....

fakhrulrz

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
about the price i hear from sc last in 2009, i think now the price maybe a lot less from rm 600...

beemc

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Any other methods i can use to identify IAFM faulty except goin to SC?