Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Sportage 2011

• Please log in to reply

kaminski

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (ktf @ Jun 21 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, sportage price is RM138,888 in high spec. And CRV price in RM150k in low spec. , why other brand can have a low price in H.spec and CRV have s low spec in high spec. It's over value about RM10K-RM15k compare what you get in low spec. It's value for $$$ paid so much and get nothing. If me I will prefer sportage.

They just confirmed at launch, RM138,888.....kinda ouch!
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

TheGunner

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jun 21 2011, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i read that sportage launch today.

It's launching now.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

multipla

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

multipla

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
Close to Mits ASX and Tucson pricing!

DC18

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

At that price, risky to commit. smile_tongue.gif

ktf

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (multipla @ Jun 21 2011, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Close to Mits ASX and Tucson pricing!

The MIT.ASX Is small siza, now in market for SUV in value for $$$ only Korea car - Kia sportage & Hyundai Tuscon (compare in design, features, Enginee Technology, FC, 5 star of Eurocap on safety and not jpcap. Now the whole world was in looking at Korea car. Eg. US, euro. I think I'm so supprise is how come Hyundai & Kia can do idvertisement in World Cup, English premier league, euro cup-champion cup, why not in T&H?

kaminski

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (ktf @ Jun 21 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The MIT.ASX Is small siza, now in market for SUV in value for $$$ only Korea car - Kia sportage & Hyundai Tuscon (compare in design, features, Enginee Technology, FC, 5 star of Eurocap on safety and not jpcap. Now the whole world was in looking at Korea car. Eg. US, euro. I think I'm so supprise is how come Hyundai & Kia can do idvertisement in World Cup, English premier league, euro cup-champion cup, why not in T&H?

Hmmm....5 year warranty included, how come only 5 lah, rest of the world gets 7.....
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

ran123

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

ran123

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
thanks all, perhaps ‘prestige’ is my wrong choice of word, but to one that possesses only local cars in the past, any japanese brand might be deemed prestige. can’t deny Korean is catching up, for instance, samsung tv, however in the world motor industry, i still think toyota and honda is leading, albeit this is just brand perception.

sportage price in spore is around 108k if I am not wrong, not sure what is the spec but most of the time, i am having the impression that both msia and spore are closely priced in dollar to dollar comparison, hence i think 138k is a bit (or very?) steep, i merely hope the high spec justify the price. i am thinking of getting an non local brand suv but looking at sportage price, i hesitate now. i thought maybe someone could convince us the potential buyer, is this a rational choice if take crv as benchmark, or 3008 or asx. perhaps crv is lowly spec but until today, I don’t see much review that give sportage a higher rating compare to crv.

jayraptor

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jun 21 2011, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i read that sportage launch today, not sure of the price. i am still wondering what make sportage / tucson so unique if the price differntial with cr-v is less than 10k for a 2.0, does korean car command a higher technology and quality compare with japanese model? or solely because there are some gadget and interior that make it more attractive?

by reading the tucson thread, seem like there are quite a number of people that held great interest towards korean car, but i still have the impression that honda cr-v the brand sound very prestigious.

koreac car fan, can enlighten me a little?

Hi ran123,

FC, tech & quality wise, the Sportage is indeed more advanced than CRV. Not sure whether it has 4WD or just 2WD. Many in Singaland are still pessimistic towards Korean brand though they have changed more as they would follow EU and US.

One thing sure is that Naza might not have test unit for the Sportage just like Forte 2.0, Sorento and maybe later the new Optima. Might advise you to go to Hyundai to try out the Tucson then come back to them. I did that when checking out the Sorento, they said similar to Santa Fe 2.4L so I tested the Santa Fe 2.4L. Thanks to them, I found out that there is Santa Fe 2.2CRDI low spec at same price yet much more practical though Sorento is much more classy and higher in quality, might forget about the Sorento.

Seems like Naza starting to take things for granted, giving excuse like it's a high demand car, no need test drive, confirmed good. No wonder the 6-speed Forte's sales dropping.

TheGunner

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jun 21 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure whether it has 4WD or just 2WD.

I was not at the launch, but I was told that the all-new Sportage is AWD.

Basic specs of the car are listed here: Kia Sportage New Car Listing
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

yoongnc

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

yoongnc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jun 21 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am thinking of getting an non local brand suv but looking at sportage price, i hesitate now. i thought maybe someone could convince us the potential buyer, is this a rational choice if take crv as benchmark, or 3008 or asx. perhaps crv is lowly spec but until today, I don’t see much review that give sportage a higher rating compare to crv.

Bro,
If taking CRV as benchmark because it is the league in the SUV segment, then it makes sense. Other than this, specifications on paper, Korean car is way beyond expectation; driving comfort & handling, it is very close to Japanese... value for money, you judge....
Although I must say, the mindset of Korean car needs some paradigm shift in order to commit a booking on Korean car...

yoong