Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Is Mazda Resale Or Second Hand Value ?

• Please log in to reply

alankkwong

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 14 2011, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is being rich and can afford to write off the vehicle at the end? smile_big.gif

eh... why you come here and ka ka cau cau ar??? smile_big.gif its not about being rich bro... its a mindset... about not to count every ringgit and sens laa...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

valve15

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

valve15

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts
what would a 6 2.5's value now for a 2008/09 model? considering everything like mileage, service are all intact?

kenso

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 14 2011, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh... why you come here and ka ka cau cau ar??? smile_big.gif its not about being rich bro... its a mindset... about not to count every ringgit and sens laa...

Why I'm here? Donna la .... Must be seeing ur nick here triggers something in me smile_big.gif

Wah .... Some more so fast change profile pic to the CX7 already

alankkwong

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 15 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why I'm here? Donna la .... Must be seeing ur nick here triggers something in me smile_big.gif

Wah .... Some more so fast change profile pic to the CX7 already

wakakakakaka.... miss me so much ka??

Aiya, new broom mah... so, new picture lor....

kenso

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 15 2011, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiya, new broom mah... so, new picture lor....

We don't say new broom in cantonese .... we say new toilet

alankkwong

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 15 2011, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't say new broom in cantonese .... we say new toilet

yayaya!! haha! smile_thumbup.gif

Bengong

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 14 2011, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I buy a car, I don't really bother about 2nd hand value... Reason is, I buy a car with feel, not with what its going to worth in 3 years or 5 years time. My thinking is that, by the time I decide to sell the car, its not meant to worth anything. Whatever I get then, is a bonus... Meaning I am willing to write off the car at the end....

My real VALUE is ABOUT enjoying the ride... Not everything can be calculated with ringgit and sens. There are moments of the drive which cannot be explained in $$$. This is what I call, enjoying life....

People who think like I do, will end up buying cars out of the normal Toyotas and Hondas. We want to be different. We want the extra a little bit more thrill that the T & H are unable to give us.

Lastly, anyone who is asking about 2nd hand value, shouldn't buy a new Mazda. You should think within the box and look for the Toyota and Honda cars. But if you are so scared about high depreciation still, go look for a 2nd hand Mazda... we do hope you will end up like one of us.... smile_wink.gif

absolutely correct....

and enjoy the thrill and adventure of finding alternative parts ....ekekekekkekekekekeke...not to say the OE parts are no good...only just want to try something different
Bengong

clavertwc

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

clavertwc

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (yun @ May 12 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a 1 year old Mazda3 CBU, the price 2nd hand car dealer willing to offer is about RM 90k+ (less than RM 100k). That's a freakin RM 40k loss in just a year, average you loose RM 110 per day of ownership. You may verify that.

Of course there is the "cold-door" concept but if you do post on Mudah or certain public domain, such car will definitely generate interest, so I don't think it applies that much here, at least not as wide a gap compared to the popular brands.

The main reason for the low 2nd hand price is due to the freakin CKD matter. If Bermaz does not care of customer loyalty, then forget it. I won't touch Mazda again. Who knows when's the next Mazda6 or CXs will be CKD and strip 30% off my car value in just 1 year? I had enough. Sold off to VW at a slight premium (in fact I thought it's a fairly good price) and got myself a Golf Tsi. I bite the bullet now rather than loose even more down the road.

Suprisingly, handling wise for the Golf is not very much diff than Mazda3. So the latter still stand head and shoulder with the better car makers, and of course leaps and bounds over the usual suspects. It is a big shame that it's managed such way.

hi yun,are you sure that the 1 year CBU M3 is selling RM90K++ ? Actually I'm quite confused with the 2nd price for the CBU M3 in malaysia market. I have came across some 2nd CBU M3, I noticed that some of them selling 90K for 2 years old car, while there is a case which the dealer is selling 99K for the same unit.

I have a friend letting go his 1 year CBU M3, he intend to sell it 105K, do you think this price is reasonable? huh.gif Kindly advice me for the real market price for 1yr CBU M3. rolleyes.gif

KL3223

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (clavertwc @ Jun 3 2011, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi yun,are you sure that the 1 year CBU M3 is selling RM90K++ ? Actually I'm quite confused with the 2nd price for the CBU M3 in malaysia market. I have came across some 2nd CBU M3, I noticed that some of them selling 90K for 2 years old car, while there is a case which the dealer is selling 99K for the same unit.

I have a friend letting go his 1 year CBU M3, he intend to sell it 105K, do you think this price is reasonable? huh.gif Kindly advice me for the real market price for 1yr CBU M3. rolleyes.gif

partly got affected by the CKD M3, just like when suzuki started its CKD of the swift, CBU swift prices were affected.

yun

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

yun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
QUOTE (clavertwc @ Jun 3 2011, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a 1 year old CBU M3 2.0, RM 105k or its approximate is the car dealer's price. Meaning your friend is trying to sell with car dealer's margin. Hence I think the price your friend's quoted is on par with market. Reasonable, but not competitive.

When I say RM 90k++, that's the price if I sell mine to car dealers. Hence, their margin is about RM 5 to RM 10k, depending. I'm looking from the view of a M3 owner/potential seller, ie which are my options to maximise selling price. In that aspect, the best deal is to trade-in.

Whichever way you look at it and from whatever angle, the M3 price is screwed. Sure, some people would rate enjoyment as their priority. Well, same here, if not why would I buy a Mazda? BUT, the way how the fellas managing the brand screwed up my asset value, it just cheeze me off. I loose all my trust. I would stay away with a 50 feet pole.

Think twice. dude.