Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Is Mazda Resale Or Second Hand Value ?

• Please log in to reply

Bengong

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 9 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you worry that Mazda got low 2nd hand value... then you should buy yourself a 2nd hand Mazda!! smile.gif

if you able to find a 2nd hand mazda...hehehehehehheheheheh...
due to low resale value...only desperate will let go their car smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif
Bengong

yun

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

yun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
For a 1 year old Mazda3 CBU, the price 2nd hand car dealer willing to offer is about RM 90k+ (less than RM 100k). That's a freakin RM 40k loss in just a year, average you loose RM 110 per day of ownership. You may verify that.

Of course there is the "cold-door" concept but if you do post on Mudah or certain public domain, such car will definitely generate interest, so I don't think it applies that much here, at least not as wide a gap compared to the popular brands.

The main reason for the low 2nd hand price is due to the freakin CKD matter. If Bermaz does not care of customer loyalty, then forget it. I won't touch Mazda again. Who knows when's the next Mazda6 or CXs will be CKD and strip 30% off my car value in just 1 year? I had enough. Sold off to VW at a slight premium (in fact I thought it's a fairly good price) and got myself a Golf Tsi. I bite the bullet now rather than loose even more down the road.

Suprisingly, handling wise for the Golf is not very much diff than Mazda3. So the latter still stand head and shoulder with the better car makers, and of course leaps and bounds over the usual suspects. It is a big shame that it's managed such way.

mikasa

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

mikasa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

found used mazda 3 2.0 2009 @ rm99.5K at mudah.my

chuansze

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

chuansze

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
How about Mazda 8 resales value in Mudah or generally??

ycfoo

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
Q? izzit if we sold of a new car in the 1st 2 years we willl sure lost alot vs 5 years later?

mikasa

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

mikasa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ May 13 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q? izzit if we sold of a new car in the 1st 2 years we willl sure lost alot vs 5 years later?

once ur drive out ur car from the showroom , u already lost 10-15% . smile_tongue.gif dont have to wait up to 1 yrs .

off course , u will suffer more lost if u willing to let go during first 2 years compare 5 yrs. it also depend on ur loan tenure.

williaml

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
For most of the models in the market, trade in value estimated less 25% from vehicle selling price (not OTR price with insurance) if trade in after one year, however, if you trade in on the fifth year, you roughly lost 50% or more (subject to model, car condition and mileage) from the price you purchased.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

ycfoo

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
that's why will keep the car ~ 5 years. if the car not very fussy may be will keep longer time... haha smile_approve.gif

alankkwong

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
When I buy a car, I don't really bother about 2nd hand value... Reason is, I buy a car with feel, not with what its going to worth in 3 years or 5 years time. My thinking is that, by the time I decide to sell the car, its not meant to worth anything. Whatever I get then, is a bonus... Meaning I am willing to write off the car at the end....

My real VALUE is ABOUT enjoying the ride... Not everything can be calculated with ringgit and sens. There are moments of the drive which cannot be explained in $$$. This is what I call, enjoying life....

People who think like I do, will end up buying cars out of the normal Toyotas and Hondas. We want to be different. We want the extra a little bit more thrill that the T & H are unable to give us.

Lastly, anyone who is asking about 2nd hand value, shouldn't buy a new Mazda. You should think within the box and look for the Toyota and Honda cars. But if you are so scared about high depreciation still, go look for a 2nd hand Mazda... we do hope you will end up like one of us.... smile_wink.gif
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

kenso

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 14 2011, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... we do hope you will end up like one of us.... smile_wink.gif

Which is being rich and can afford to write off the vehicle at the end? smile_big.gif