Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Is Mazda Resale Or Second Hand Value ?

• Please log in to reply

chuansze

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

chuansze

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Dear All,

Plan to buy Mazda 8 but worry about the resale value after 3-4 years.
If comparing to Toyota, Honda, what is the resale value like ?? i mean 80%
of toyota ?

Pls advice!

Thanks

Bengong

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (chuansze @ May 9 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All,

Plan to buy Mazda 8 but worry about the resale value after 3-4 years.
If comparing to Toyota, Honda, what is the resale value like ?? i mean 80%
of toyota ?

Pls advice!

Thanks

if you worry about resale value...dont buy cold car..(unpopular brand in Malaysia)...
people bought cars because they like the cars ... and love to drive that cars...and prefer the status reflected by the brand of the car...

here in Malaysia...our resale value defined by brand popularity

mazda in malaysia...almost same league with contis in malaysia (resale value)
Bengong

williaml

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Resale might slightly lower than other leading Japanese carmaker, but most important is ownership experience...buy a car you love to drive, makes you drive more rather than buy a car which 'generally' makes you think that it can offered higher resale.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

ycfoo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
also dont forget ppl like to car jack toyota then Mazda...

chuansze

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

chuansze

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ May 9 2011, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also dont forget ppl like to car jack toyota then Mazda...

That's i m totally agree with! but will the resale value much better than european brand ??

williaml

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Much better than continental makes.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

alankkwong

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
If you worry that Mazda got low 2nd hand value... then you should buy yourself a 2nd hand Mazda!! smile.gif
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

luvcar

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Frankly, this is what I don't like about the car manufacturers in Malaysia.

If Mazda knows themselves as having lower resale value than other Japs. car, why don't they do something to change the perception instead of showing their belly to the public?

Similarly to those Korean & Conti cars. Why can't they try to make a change by putting more effort in handling their own second hand cars instead of by those horrible 2nd hand car dealer?

Haiz... That's why la, Malaysian continues to bow to the H & T though they do not offer as good product as others like Mazda or Peugeot now ...

Mazda is a great car with full import from Japan but just can't take the full advantage of its own merit just because need to bow to the market perception of their 2nd hand value...

QUOTE (williaml @ May 9 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Much better than continental makes.

ZOOM ZOOM...

mikasa

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

mikasa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 9 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you worry that Mazda got low 2nd hand value... then you should buy yourself a 2nd hand Mazda!! smile.gif

good point there.. smile_thumbup.gif

how much MPS in next 2 years? smile_tongue.gif

ycfoo

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
to build a good resale value most of the time is subject to the local Authorize dealer (here will be Bermaz). also are the car spare parts most of them wanna control it.... so when hv controled price & goods distrubution these will start all the chain reaction....

As for a daily drive car most of us prefer to hv less down time stuck in the workshop & wait for spare parts, ie my last Audi need 3 months wait for a door speaker... WTF!? So I still think our auto market is so small.... plz up it up no more funny tax policy & no more stupid AP system!