Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volkswagen Golf Tsi 1.4 Gearbox Issue

• Please log in to reply

machiato

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

machiato

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi guys,

I bought my Golf TSI 1.4 in Dec 2010, done 17k by now and just went for my 1st service. Three days ago when I was driving the car, i can feel my car shaking and the engine check light blinking. The problem went worsen as i accelerated, the gearbox is having engaging issues, car shake and engine check light blinking. Sent my car to the SC and service advisor tested the car and ask me the leave there overnite for checking. Collected my car the next day, SC said they updated to latest software and problem solved. Drive the car for one day, the problem came back today, I am going to service centre again tomorrow...WTF!!
Any Tsi owners experienced this issue before??? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Puntonian

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Puntonian

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
QUOTE (machiato @ Apr 29 2011, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I bought my Golf TSI 1.4 in Dec 2010, done 17k by now and just went for my 1st service. Three days ago when I was driving the car, i can feel my car shaking and the engine check light blinking. The problem went worsen as i accelerated, the gearbox is having engaging issues, car shake and engine check light blinking. Sent my car to the SC and service advisor tested the car and ask me the leave there overnite for checking. Collected my car the next day, SC said they updated to latest software and problem solved. Drive the car for one day, the problem came back today, I am going to service centre again tomorrow...WTF!!

Did u get this problem after your 1st service? If yes, the SC probably screw up something.. Is your car remapped by any chance?

br1

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (Puntonian @ Apr 29 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did u get this problem after your 1st service? If yes, the SC probably screw up something.. Is your car remapped by any chance?

Ya, maybe screwup by SC with new update of firmware, which SC?

razakyunus

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

razakyunus

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (machiato @ Apr 29 2011, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Bro, mind telling us with SC you went?

sramesh

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

sramesh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I've been to most of the sales centres in klang valley, and all the sales reps have not received any complaints from the owners. This may be the first TSI owner with a DSG issue. I also have a couple of colleagues at work who drive problem free GTIs and TSIs. Then again, anyone can post anything to the benefit or disbenefit of VGM. No pun inteded machiato. All posts to be taken with a pinch of salt.

anek1

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

anek1

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,567 posts
Maybe can check with VW SG owners as for 7 speed DSG there are facing quite a lot of issues.
So maybe there already got solution for the above problem.

** My bro VW Scirocco also having gearbox issues since first month until now since not solved...

machiato

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

machiato

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (anek1 @ Apr 30 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe can check with VW SG owners as for 7 speed DSG there are facing quite a lot of issues.

** My bro VW Scirocco also having gearbox issues since first month until now since not solved...

First SC I went is Sungai Besi. Collected my car back from 2nd SC, they managed to found out the issue. It's one the individual ignition coil got problem and caused misfiring so the car juddering. They changed the coil for me, still feel not as smooth as before.( may be psychological ) but car not judder like before. Hope everything is fine, let's see!! I will update you guys days later.

Thanks for the concern.

sramesh

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

sramesh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (machiato @ May 1 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First SC I went is Sungai Besi. Collected my car back from 2nd SC, they managed to found out the issue. It's one the individual ignition coil got problem and caused misfiring so the car juddering. They changed the coil for me, still feel not as smooth as before.( may be psychological ) but car not judder like before. Hope everything is fine, let's see!! I will update you guys days later.

Thanks for the concern.

smile_thumbup.gif

tpl

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (anek1 @ Apr 30 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

7sp got what problem ar?
2012 NMT President

anek1

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

anek1

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,567 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 3 2011, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7sp got what problem ar?

As i heard from my bro...gearbox up shift and down shift not smooth, not engaging properly...
His car been tow back to SG once due to battery flat as Scirocco doesn't have key hole for manual
entering and ended up found out alarm issue.