Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

I Need Advise

• Please log in to reply

faishura

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

faishura

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hii Guys...

i just need your opinion about the proton persona... is it practically i buy this car???
just want to know about... experience driving this car, performance n also fuel consumption....

please help me k... smile.gif

fakhrulrz

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (faishura @ Apr 25 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hii Guys...

i just need your opinion about the proton persona... is it practically i buy this car???
just want to know about... experience driving this car, performance n also fuel consumption....

value for your money smile_thumbup.gif

i have one... base line
done make up.... hehe!

after this want upgrade the engine performance....

i look at youtube even 2.0cc car, lbh kurg je peginya... 8-9 sec utk 1-100 km/j
standard car.....

slushmatic

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (faishura @ Apr 25 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hii Guys...

I'm of the opinion that the Persona is practical car, more so than it's GEN-2 sister because of it's
larger boot/trunk with the rear seats in place, and it's greater length when they are folded.

Rear seat headroom is better and the slightly softer suspension makes for a more comfy ride.

Proton image either non-existant of poor over here, but people who see my car are amazed and
often assume it's a more expensive Japanese car - dos'nt look or drive like a budget choice.

I found the car to be good value even here in the UK, where it faces stiff competition and little
price advantage that it enjoys in Malaysia. Not silly for Proton to say 'Our Pride and Joy'.

Our ex-national car maker MG-RoverGroup did seriously consider building the GEN2/Persona as
a replacement for their ageing, but quite good Honda-based mid-range cars. They were used to
doing things to Honda and BMW standards at the time. Good enough for them...
'Do average things - get average results'

chrislyv

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
sorry to say that.. from my point of view:
nothing really good except for it's handling..
- engine felt rough & under powered "send to several SC & they told me it's normal, have tested 2 of my friend's persona.. all the same"
- steering can feel slight vibration when engine is idling

slushmatic

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 26 2011, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry to say that.. from my point of view:
nothing really good except for it's handling..
- engine felt rough & under powered "send to several SC & they told me it's normal, have tested 2 of my friend's persona.. all the same"
- steering can feel slight vibration when engine is idling

Sorry - should have made it clear that UK Persona is Hi-Line only and my car is an automatic with the later/current IAFM type engine.

This type have slightly more power and low-down torque than the older cars and dos'nt feel underpowered for the engine/body size.
No vibration of steering at any speed on my car. Engine is a bit boomy and not as smooth as a good Honda 4 at high revs, but is
quiet enough at low/average engine speeds.

Not perfect by any means, (no car is) but a good package overall and quite a bargain for the price charged by P1 in Malaysia.

faishura

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

faishura

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
so now... this persona dont hve a big issue like waja face b4 ritee?...

fakhrulrz

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (faishura @ Apr 27 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think quite good la... my power window no prblm at now... 2 yeras already... use extremely.. haha!
want more pick up? paid for fuel a bit la.. change gear at hight rpm... syiokkk.... other car like honda i have seat also have rattling sound but little only... what your budjet for new car? if RM 600/month, persona good... RM 700/m, Persona SE i suggest... smile_thumbup.gif

mosh

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
Persona – Better, Undoubtedly

persona SE stop production already last year.. now all persona elegance B,M & Hline

the butt look better than honda city & forte.. whoopss! smile_big.gif

fakhrulrz

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Apr 28 2011, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Persona – Better, Undoubtedly

persona SE stop production already last year.. now all persona elegance B,M & Hline

the butt look better than honda city & forte.. whoopss! smile_big.gif

RIGHT...... RIGHT.... I AGREED WITH YOU... smile_thumbup.gif

slushmatic

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (faishura @ Apr 27 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As already stated, power windows no longer an issue, (P1 re-design)
My car only have one minor glitch with remote locking, (OSR door stopped working) but was quickly fixed by SC and no bother since.
Also had infamous squeaking rear seat after 9 months, easy fix with grease on hinges/catches or with PVC tape.
One brakelight bulb blew and the road wheels were found stuck hard to their hubs when changing wheels, otherwise no other issues at all.
Some report on here that IAFM unit can start to rattle and then fail, but my car fine so far after 15,000 miles, (24,000 Km)