Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Altis 1.8 Vs Golf 1.4

• Please log in to reply

Jwrx

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Jwrx

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
QUOTE (Puntonian @ May 11 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

He's either a smart man pretending to be dumb, or a dumb kid pretending to be smart.... unless he's a girl (!!).. smile_big.gif

my guess is that he is very young. nothing wrong with loving your own car and thinking is great...but to be so blind and ignorant of other cars technology and capabilities smile_disapprove.gif

I actually drive a stock tsi roc....i volunteer to give mr.langdon 2 tiang headstart smile_tongue.gif
www.vholdrhd.com.my -- Worlds #1 selling HD wearable Camcorder

neo79

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ May 11 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should really tried a 1.4 TSi, (for the time being dont try a GTi - it is too posionious!!!) to pleased yourself for that 20 mins of your life, and tell us your test drive story of good, bad, and ugly sides of your test drive. Just need your driving license only. if you are in FA wagon Glemarie showroom, there is a long straight stretch, hit hard should be able to do at least 150km/hr, just 50 meter before reaching the roundabout, brake to slow, DSG worked like hell for you and it should drop down to 120km/hr and immediately take the roundabout - you will see how the car perform. But dont try in your T-A, my fren!

Worried? Look for the VW SA Keith Lim - he knows and is so confidence to sit beside you to ask you to do this like he asked me to do during our test drive - my son, 5yrs old grandson in the car!!!! After this just to pleased him and us so impressed with the TSi, we immediate signed up with him on a Sunday -5th day of this 2011 CNY and got the car within a week! Now done to date about 14,000kms. That our love story with our TSi

Bro BR1,

The statement in bold is hilarious!! 059.gif

QUOTE (Jwrx @ May 11 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my guess is that he is very young. nothing wrong with loving your own car and thinking is great...but to be so blind and ignorant of other cars technology and capabilities smile_disapprove.gif

I actually drive a stock tsi roc....i volunteer to give mr.langdon 2 tiang headstart smile_tongue.gif

J,

1 more tiang negotiable anot? smile_big.gif

teeaseye

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

teeaseye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (Jwrx @ May 11 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roc!... sweet!!... smile_thumbup.gif ... nearly bought this had it been easier to get a test drive than the rest smile_tongue.gif

kcyang

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (neo79 @ May 12 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro BR1,

The statement in bold is hilarious!! 059.gif

J,

1 more tiang negotiable anot? smile_big.gif

smile_approve.gif We should give him some credit for putting aside his pride (TA) to test drive the 1.2. He did not elaborate further on the 1.4 experience. Probably he has put up his TA in the classified column and comeback with GTI ler..... smile_tongue.gif

neo79

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ May 12 2011, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_approve.gif We should give him some credit for putting aside his pride (TA) to test drive the 1.2. He did not elaborate further on the 1.4 experience. Probably he has put up his TA in the classified column and comeback with GTI ler..... smile_tongue.gif

Hahaha... Could be the case.. But seriously... This thread is indeed hilarious. smile_big.gif

ace

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

ace

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
After reading all the treads (phew...). Give that guy (langdon) a break. He just learned his lesson, although still in bit of denial. Hope he don't make some bold statement out of no where anymore.

And for those who glorified golf tsi and polo so much. Its indeed a powerful car. But wait till you drove the GTi and that is pure brute power. I own a GTi with moded Stage 1 ecu which up the power to 260HP with 360NM of torgue 1800-6000rpm. I do get lots of ah beng cars that wanted to drag or cucuk. (especially those VIOS, City and Myvi!) You know what? I just let them be, some times I just accelarate a bit just to see how their car perform and then just let them overtake and let them have their way...Its just a pity that some of them does not realized they just make a fool of themselve.

So..for those don't know the brute power of a modded Gti or even stock Gti. Please do not proke the driver. You may not even see the dust if it blast off.
<STRONG>Infinity and beyond</STRONG>

ain206

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (ace @ May 12 2011, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading all the treads (phew...). Give that guy (langdon) a break. He just learned his lesson, although still in bit of denial. Hope he don't make some bold statement out of no where anymore.

And for those who glorified golf tsi and polo so much. Its indeed a powerful car. But wait till you drove the GTi and that is pure brute power. I own a GTi with moded Stage 1 ecu which up the power to 260HP with 360NM of torgue 1800-6000rpm. I do get lots of ah beng cars that wanted to drag or cucuk. (especially those VIOS, City and Myvi!) You know what? I just let them be, some times I just accelarate a bit just to see how their car perform and then just let them overtake and let them have their way...Its just a pity that some of them does not realized they just make a fool of themselve.

So..for those don't know the brute power of a modded Gti or even stock Gti. Please do not proke the driver. You may not even see the dust if it blast off.

correct bro...same like this thread ...dont cucuk the altis.....

Tourist

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (ace @ May 12 2011, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reminded me of the saying....empty cans make the loudest noise. So low power car think they are the most powerful

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

RonKSLim

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

RonKSLim

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ May 12 2011, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reminded me of the saying....empty cans make the loudest noise. So low power car think they are the most powerful

I think the be fair, the Altis does feel pretty powerful when u move up from say, a Wira... I remember when I first bought my previous Altis in 2003, I could race with the Lexus IS200 because I knew the latter was a little under-powered... Of course I lost lah but could follow... Now I have rode in both the Mark V (previous gen) and VI (current gen) Golf GTi and in this case, my fren just blasted his Mark V GTi and man, that was fast! He took it out just from MidValley to the entrance into the Fed Highway towards PJ/Shah Alam and u can feel the G-force pulling you into your seats alto it was just maybe 500m! It was a totally different experience! Of course those who have been in an Evo will tell you that that's another experience!

I remember years ago in a Wira 1.5 (M) trying to chase a Putra 1.8... Can't even follow, let alone chase... Now if you take the Altis 1.8, it can probably match the Putra 1.8 (I think twin cam DOHC)... But Altis and Golf 1.4? No match lah... The 0-100 km/h time for the Golf 1.4 is 7.9 secs, right? Altis 1.8 is probably just around 10.5 secs max...

neo79

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (RonKSLim @ May 12 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the be fair, the Altis does feel pretty powerful when u move up from say, a Wira... I remember when I first bought my previous Altis in 2003, I could race with the Lexus IS200 because I knew the latter was a little under-powered... Of course I lost lah but could follow... Now I have rode in both the Mark V (previous gen) and VI (current gen) Golf GTi and in this case, my fren just blasted his Mark V GTi and man, that was fast! He took it out just from MidValley to the entrance into the Fed Highway towards PJ/Shah Alam and u can feel the G-force pulling you into your seats alto it was just maybe 500m! It was a totally different experience! Of course those who have been in an Evo will tell you that that's another experience!

I remember years ago in a Wira 1.5 (M) trying to chase a Putra 1.8... Can't even follow, let alone chase... Now if you take the Altis 1.8, it can probably match the Putra 1.8 (I think twin cam DOHC)... But Altis and Golf 1.4? No match lah... The 0-100 km/h time for the Golf 1.4 is 7.9 secs, right? Altis 1.8 is probably just around 10.5 secs max...

Putra still have better advantage since its much lighter than the Altis...