Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Group Buy - Bendix 4wd Brakepad

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (phoong2323 @ Apr 15 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Do I bank-in to the same Maybank a/c like last time? Thanks..

Yes, bank into the same Maybank account. You back in KL? Missed the chance to check out your mod during last Group Lunch, try to make it for our next Group Lunch. Few bros keep asking about Ultra Racing and Auto Foam.. hahahaha

phoong2323

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

phoong2323

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 15 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, bank into the same Maybank account. You back in KL? Missed the chance to check out your mod during last Group Lunch, try to make it for our next Group Lunch. Few bros keep asking about Ultra Racing and Auto Foam.. hahahaha

Will bank-in by Monday. Will try to be back for next Group Lunch.

byebye2u

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ Apr 15 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awd spec same is it?

If buying alone market price how much?
Thinking buy to keep as stock if got much different
From local dealer?

hi bro wirahijau,

front brake pad last 25,000 km to 40,000km . I drag mine to about 45,000km , when I check it broke into 2. bendix betoi betoi best , macam ada dua brake..hihihi

when view from rim, sometime the brake pad look like still have 40% to 50% left , don't wait, that is how I kena.

wirahijau

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

wirahijau

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 16 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro wirahijau,

front brake pad last 25,000 km to 40,000km . I drag mine to about 45,000km , when I check it broke into 2. bendix betoi betoi best , macam ada dua brake..hihihi

when view from rim, sometime the brake pad look like still have 40% to 50% left , don't wait, that is how I kena.

That why thinking of keep stock of it. Nevrmind of the price later can contribute to hub ma.but the availability i scared.
Once needed no stock n need to wait.

byebye2u

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ Apr 16 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That why thinking of keep stock of it. Nevrmind of the price later can contribute to hub ma.but the availability i scared.
Once needed no stock n need to wait.

I just change mine less than 2 months , should last until january 2012..mmmmmm
with bendix now, if kaki ayam I brake with ibu jari saja..hahahaha

byebye2u

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 15 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bro r3xt0n,

I suggest , if change all 4 brake pad, better to flush the old brake fluid too. after sometime the pump become a bit clog . after flush , the braking really gigit...

I flush the brake fluid use only 900 ml , less than 1 litre smile_thumbup.gif (maybe can group buy also )

r3xt0n

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 16 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro r3xt0n,

I suggest , if change all 4 brake pad, better to flush the old brake fluid too. after sometime the pump become a bit clog . after flush , the braking really gigit...

I flush the brake fluid use only 900 ml , less than 1 litre smile_thumbup.gif (maybe can group buy also )

Brake Fluid Dot 4 is available at most workshop, not sure if they need it as Group Buy or not. I can check and add it as optional.

If you just used 900ml to flush your brake fluid, that means is not bad enough. Mine take about 1.5 litre and some others take 2~3 litre depending on thickness of the existing fluid. So, safest is to standby 2 litre.

br1

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 16 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro r3xt0n,

Get a good experience mechanic to change the brake pads, if dont do bleeding - ABS can be damage, if kena very terok, for our Captiva cost RM15k to change!!! cos of the On Demand AWD ABS system complexity. Good but too high cost.
Re3ton is right! must flush & change the brake oil. I flush & change my brake oil every 40k km, for safety reason! (no need to follow my schedule) many people dont change at all, still they also can jalan and speed like hell?)

My set of 4WD brake pads I bought for my other ride have been used more than 10 months and have done more than 50k kms and still have more than 60% - Really tahan and good performance for me. I am surprised why bro wirahijau's brake pads so cepat habis, must be doing very hard braking very often? what brand you use last time taht not so lasting - that last only 25-40 -max 45k kms?????

byebye2u

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 16 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brake Fluid Dot 4 is available at most workshop, not sure if they need it as Group Buy or not. I can check and add it as optional.

If you just used 900ml to flush your brake fluid, that means is not bad enough. Mine take about 1.5 litre and some others take 2~3 litre depending on thickness of the existing fluid. So, safest is to standby 2 litre.

wah..can go 2,3 litre..I thought mine bad already.hahahaha

byebye2u

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 16 2011, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a good experience mechanic to change the brake pads, if dont do bleeding - ABS can be damage, if kena very terok, for our Captiva cost RM15k to change!!! cos of the On Demand AWD ABS system complexity. Good but too high cost.
Re3ton is right! must flush & change the brake oil. I flush & change my brake oil every 40k km, for safety reason! (no need to follow my schedule) many people dont change at all, still they also can jalan and speed like hell?)

My set of 4WD brake pads I bought for my other ride have been used more than 10 months and have done more than 50k kms and still have more than 60% - Really tahan and good performance for me. I am surprised why bro wirahijau's brake pads so cepat habis, must be doing very hard braking very often? what brand you use last time taht not so lasting - that last only 25-40 -max 45k kms?????

yah bro, must flush, if clog too much, the pump koyak...$$$$$

original ssangyong brake pad, front last only 40k km max, usually by 25 k km better change already. maybe because kerb weight already 2550kg!!berat macam gajah, lari macam cheetah , brake pad only 2 finger size, mana tahan..hahahah