Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

G'zox Coating

• Please log in to reply

g88

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
5 years warranty ?

vr2turbo

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,466 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Apr 14 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5 years warranty ?

Did not mention.... smile_tongue.gif

fishbonez

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
I can't comment on the performance...my opinions will be biased haha.

Having said that, if you do go for it...go for Quartz 7...extra rm500 only...

r3xt0n

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 14 2011, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Asked before for SUV around RM2200 to 3500 depending on what is done..... smile_tongue.gif

Can respray the car and add a layer of thick thick clear coat already... hahaha

jonlsl

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 15 2011, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah totally agree r3xton. The cost doesn't justify the coating. Even factory paint can tahan at least 8 years if you take care.

KrisMas

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 15 2011, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True....true....but on the other hand, the paint won't be original and it'll be quite a hassle if you were to decide to sell the car in the future. People/2nd hand dealer will get suspicious and you *might* not get the deserved value for the car. I think the very purpose of any wax, sealant, coatings, etc. is to 'preserve' the originality of the paint for as long as possible so as not to effect the value of the car.

survivor

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

survivor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
The value of original paint varies between different individuals. Some might think they can re-spray the car with new paint and the original paint is just a paint. On the other hand some might think the original paint as part of the car and they would like to preserve the car in the original condition. There is actually no right or wrong here. It's a personal choice.

fishbonez

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
Yes most painters charge between that price for a full respray... but is no where near the original paint quality.

Lot's of 'waves' and unevenness under the paint. Then again, I haven't surveyed much paint shops and their work to know. Guess it depends on the owner's 'fussiness'...

jonlsl

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (fishbonez @ Apr 15 2011, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes most painters charge between that price for a full respray... but is no where near the original paint quality.

Lot's of 'waves' and unevenness under the paint. Then again, I haven't surveyed much paint shops and their work to know. Guess it depends on the owner's 'fussiness'...

Generally from what I know using good paint and good painting work would cost about 4k-5k.

My civic in my blog that you see is very far from perfect and it cost me only RM1800 incld accident repairs. But alot of wet sanding was done (well the whole car) to get where it is now. But some places the underlying color paint sprayed was pretty crappy and some places got a few pin prick holes in the clear. But I'm not complaining because it only cost me RM1800 plus repairs. Also learned alot how to wet sand, compound, polish etc all on that car. So it was a good learning experience.

fishbonez

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

fishbonez

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 15 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Generally from what I know using good paint and good painting work would cost about 4k-5k.

My civic in my blog that you see is very far from perfect and it cost me only RM1800 incld accident repairs. But alot of wet sanding was done (well the whole car) to get where it is now. But some places the underlying color paint sprayed was pretty crappy and some places got a few pin prick holes in the clear. But I'm not complaining because it only cost me RM1800 plus repairs. Also learned alot how to wet sand, compound, polish etc all on that car. So it was a good learning experience.

RM1800 is cheap and from the photos, looks like a good deal for you! Are the reflections flat? Or do you have some unevenness?