Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Key Alarm System

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

blackrex

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

blackrex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
HI All, my keys are in really very bad shape... (hardly any plastic covering the circuit board) (spare set alarm also KO)

ANY ONE KNOWS where i can get this changed in Penang please.

another option is to get a "new alram system" and use some "non rexton type" keys...

all in all i still like the ori alarm system and the look and feel of the ori key alarm (attached) setup.

can anyone please give me some advice please... perhaps even a rough estimate of how much this will cost so that i dont get conned... (to which i have a big tendency to most of the time)

Cheers
Penang Joe
BLACKrex!

r3xt0n

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (blackrex @ Apr 13 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI All, my keys are in really very bad shape... (hardly any plastic covering the circuit board) (spare set alarm also KO)

ANY ONE KNOWS where i can get this changed in Penang please.

another option is to get a "new alram system" and use some "non rexton type" keys...

all in all i still like the ori alarm system and the look and feel of the ori key alarm (attached) setup.

can anyone please give me some advice please... perhaps even a rough estimate of how much this will cost so that i dont get conned... (to which i have a big tendency to most of the time)

Cheers
Penang Joe

First you should check to confirm if your Rex2 comes with immobiliser. If it doesnt, changing the key can be done anywhere. If not, you will have to return to SC to get it fabricated by factory.

The safest way to add new alarm system is to add on new alarm system without killing the current wiring. SC has reminded me that there is a wire connecting to ECU that could prevent Scanner to read if it is cut off. Bro Spacebar changed his for RM500+, it's STEELMATE 898G 2-WAY CAR ALARM SYSTEM WITH REMOTE ENGINE START.

blackrex

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

blackrex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 13 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First you should check to confirm if your Rex2 comes with immobiliser. If it doesnt, changing the key can be done anywhere. If not, you will have to return to SC to get it fabricated by factory.

The safest way to add new alarm system is to add on new alarm system without killing the current wiring. SC has reminded me that there is a wire connecting to ECU that could prevent Scanner to read if it is cut off. Bro Spacebar changed his for RM500+, it's STEELMATE 898G 2-WAY CAR ALARM SYSTEM WITH REMOTE ENGINE START.

Thanks Bro!

Silly quesiton #1 - how do i check if my car comes with an immobiliser.

hmmm somehow the thouhgt of getting SC to fabricate a new set of keys for me sound temping... any idea how much we are looking at please.

Yeah my buddy in KL has that starting mechanism i shall go look around and see what the market has to offer.

Thanks bro!
BLACKrex!

razopower

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 13 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe just PM spacebar for the contact in Ipoh. I believe the ori keys cost quite a bomb ! if not mistaken, close to Rm 500 and need to wait for 2 months, SC quoted in KL before, but i just dropped the idea. SC in KL qouted RM 300 ++ for a new set of alarm with normal application inclusive of installation.

r3xt0n

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (blackrex @ Apr 13 2011, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Bro!

Silly quesiton #1 - how do i check if my car comes with an immobiliser.

hmmm somehow the thouhgt of getting SC to fabricate a new set of keys for me sound temping... any idea how much we are looking at please.

Yeah my buddy in KL has that starting mechanism i shall go look around and see what the market has to offer.

Thanks bro!

From what I understand, either Key Shop with Immobiliser Reader or SC with Scan 100 can read if your Rexton comes with Immobilizer or not. USJ SC is saying that not all spec has immobilizer and Bro Spacebar's Accessories Shop also confirmed that there is no immobilizer with his 2005 Rex1 Full Accessories Spec.

What do you mean on starting mechanism? You mean Press Start button?

r3xt0n

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Apr 13 2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe just PM spacebar for the contact in Ipoh. I believe the ori keys cost quite a bomb ! if not mistaken, close to Rm 500 and need to wait for 2 months, SC quoted in KL before, but i just dropped the idea. SC in KL qouted RM 300 ++ for a new set of alarm with normal application inclusive of installation.

Bro Spacebar did told me the shop location, have not got a chance to check it out. Do intend to install 2 Way Alarm, change horn and front LED Bulb.

spacebar

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 13 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Spacebar did told me the shop location, have not got a chance to check it out. Do intend to install 2 Way Alarm, change horn and front LED Bulb.

wa.... need 2 come ipoh 2 change alarm purposely meh ? the shop here order the alarm from KL , takes few days 2 arrive & 5hrs for installation

Hella horn bout RM60 with installation

spacebar

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
if the key only without immobilizer i copy is RM10 /per ( with R on it )

teerex

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Apr 13 2011, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wa.... need 2 come ipoh 2 change alarm purposely meh ? the shop here order the alarm from KL , takes few days 2 arrive & 5hrs for installation

Hella horn bout RM60 with installation

Aiyaa! after change alarm can go makan ma!

The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

blit

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

blit

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Apr 13 2011, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the key only without immobilizer i copy is RM10 /per ( with R on it )

Bro, are ypo talking about actual key copy? (not alarm remote). If you are...where did you get the key copy done? Does it look the same as Rexton key? I had asked around key shops here and most dont carry key with similar grooves. Im interested to copy also if similar...