Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Collaboration With Captiva Club

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
From discussion with Bro BR1, we find opportunities for both RextonHub and Captivians to collaborate as both Rexton and Captiva share many similarities. The combined strength will enable higher participation in planned activities, stronger purchase power and bargaining position.

I created this thread to explore the common interest of both Rexton and Captiva that we can work together. Also for members of both sides to share their thoughts, opinion and ideas as well.

Would welcome Rextonians and Captivans to start interaction here.

r3xt0n

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Extracts from my discussion with Bro BR1 on some of the common interests that we could work on.

Mineral Engine Oil suits better for common rail turbo diesel engine that comes with EGR and DPF should be at least CI-4 grade. Semi-Syn and Fully Syn suit petrol engine better. I tried searched for Captiva Owner Manual but can't find any online, perhaps you can check and confirm with your owner manual. We get our Engine Oil and ATF Oil directly from FUCHS themselves, you can check out the details at http://forum.autowor...showtopic=98337 that is selling RM240/18 litre (without oil filter) that is sufficient for 2X change interval for Rexton because we use 8 litre each drain.

ATF Oil is very sensitive and critical that should be meeting the spec. as recommended in the Owner/Service Manual, especially for a 5 and 6 auto transmission granny. In our Group Buy, we sell FUCHS ATF 3353 for RM50/litre. Our recommended draining is 60,000km in our operating climate above 32 Celcius, take 4.5 litre for draining and 8.5 litre for full flushing. We provide 9 litre of ATF Oil, ATF Filter + Gasket in a package for Group Buy.

Several of us are using Bendix Titanium Metal King that works better than the original brake pad. Will try out their 4WD grade the next round. For those who needed to replaced their Brake Disc (usually front), we recommend replace the Brake Disc, Brake pad, Wheel bearing, oil seal plus the grease together. If I remember correctly, we are getting front and rear brake pad (Bendix Titanium Metal King) around the price you mentioned in PM. The original Ssangyong brake pad should cost double of that.

br1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 10 2011, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From discussion with Bro BR1, we find opportunities for both RextonHub and Captivians to collaborate as both Rexton and Captiva share many similarities. The combined strength will enable higher participation in planned activities, stronger purchase power and bargaining position.

I created this thread to explore the common interest of both Rexton and Captiva that we can work together. Also for members of both sides to share their thoughts, opinion and ideas as well.

Would welcome Rextonians and Captivans to start interaction here.

Hope Some Captivians will see and come to join your club to play play!

We cannot BOO (Bring own oil) to SC, so we can forget about the oil issue for the time being, as most Captivas are still under warranty (5 yrs or 175k kms) one of my drive is going to expire soon, now is about 160k kms so I am fee to use what oil I like then but others still are pulled by the nose or ears by the warranty issue. I have discussed with Stanley to help us on this engine oil and parts issue and do service at his USJ19 SC.
ATF oil (7.2 lts) JWS3309 US ATF / JWS 3317
Engine oil (6.2 LTS) MB229.31 5W-40 (ACEA C3
Pls check if FUCHS have this oil grade or higher

Give a try for the Titanium 4WD grade pads - big big difference!!! and very high burning point - so maybe if unexperience driver going down genting with brake all way down will still be safe with brake when reach genting foothill. It cost just less than RM50 more from the ordinary grade (if I remember well). Tell you - you may think I am joking!!! when you step on the brake - make sure you hold you head and neck tight or else your head will hit on the steering wheel!!! It is so bloody makan brake - I was really surprise and the good thing is this brake need no breaking in - fix and drive effect. Really no joke! Just be careful - Tell me when you have use it if what I am saying here is true!!!! Hope you enjoy safer driving with this brake pads. (P/S - I dont work for Bendix!!!! hahaha, maybe when they see this post - they auto TT/send me some commission to my bank AC?) Hope so !!!

Business talk - alittle - Sorry! By the way, any bros here in spare parts line? Pls PM me!!!! cos I have an African buyer who wants to buy spares parts - mainly Toyota & Nissan parts to Africa. He just give me the parts nos and I am stuck!!!
As I have not done spare parts & experience before,and have never bought a Japanese cars for the past 20yrs, but for business it big business (for these Jap car's parts - they are still No.1 seller worldwide) he is giving me, if i can source and supply - I will sell him bendix and kayaba and some OEM filter.

Cheers!
BR1

byebye2u

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 11 2011, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We cannot BOO (Bring own oil) to SC, so we can forget about the oil issue for the time being, as most Captivas are still under warranty (5 yrs or 175k kms) one of my drive is going to expire soon, now is about 160k kms so I am fee to use what oil I like then but others still are pulled by the nose or ears by the warranty issue. I have discussed with Stanley to help us on this engine oil and parts issue and do service at his USJ19 SC.

Give a try for the Titanium 4WD grade pads - big big difference!!! and very high burning point - so maybe if unexperience driver going down genting with brake all way down will still be safe with brake when reach genting foothill. It cost just less than RM50 more from the ordinary grade (if I remember well). Tell you - you may think I am joking!!! when you step on the brake - make sure you hold you head and neck tight or else your head will hit on the steering wheel!!! It is so bloody makan brake - I was really surprise and the good thing is this brake need no breaking in - fix and drive effect. Really no joke! Just be careful - Tell me when you have use it if what I am saying here is true!!!! Hope you enjoy safer driving with this brake pads. (P/S - I dont work for Bendix!!!! hahaha, maybe when they see this post - they auto TT/send me some commission to my bank AC?) Hope so !!!

Business talk - alittle - Sorry! By the way, any bros here in spare parts line? Pls PM me!!!! cos I have an African buyer who wants to buy spares parts - mainly Toyota & Nissan parts to Africa. He just give me the parts nos and I am stuck!!!
As I have not done spare parts & experience before,and have never bought a Japanese cars for the past 20yrs, but for business it big business (for these Jap car's parts - they are still No.1 seller worldwide) he is giving me, if i can source and supply - I will sell him bendix and kayaba and some OEM filter.

Cheers!
BR1

yes bro br1,

the titanium king really good, i install last month , just came back from genting and has to make sure the car behind stay far..hahahaha really gigit.

br1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Apr 11 2011, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes bro br1,

the titanium king really good, i install last month , just came back from genting and has to make sure the car behind stay far..hahahaha really gigit.

But the Titinium 4WD grade is even better many times!!! over 380 degree celcius burning point!!!! and also dont makan the metal rotor disc!!! and also make the ABS, ESP and etc always got works to do, dont let them rest and make them so lasy, we paid for them to works when we buy the car with this features so now when you use this 4wd grade they work like hell hahaha.

r3xt0n

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

I believe you could work out arrangement with Stanley better than any other SC. In fact, we briefly talked on Captiva issues the last time I met him. That is why I wanted to intro you to him to see if you guys can work things out to mutual benefits.

You can see a list of Engine Oil at opieoils.co.uk meeting Captiva spec .

1. FUCHS Engine Oil - Click here to see the full list

i. This is the FUCHS Oil meeting your SAE requirements
TITAN GT1 SAE 5W-40 - ACEA C3, API SM / CF , FORD M2C917-A, BMW LONGLIFE-04, MB-APPROVAL 229.31

ii. This is the FUCHS Oil that we are currently using
TITAN HPE ULTRA 15W40 - API CI-4/CH-4/CG-4/SL, ACEA E5/E3/B4/A2, GLOBAL DHD-1, MB 228.3/229.1

Few points to note

1. SAE 5W-40 indicate cold-start viscosity which is unnecessary in our climate but suitable for western country that may fall to such low temperature.

The API/SAE designation for multi-grade oils includes two grade numbers; for example, 10W-30 designates a common multi-grade oil. The first number associated with the W is not rated at any single temperature. The "10W" means that this oil can be pumped by your engine as cold as a single-grade 10 weight oil can be pumped. "5W" can be pumped at a lower temperature than "10W". The second number, 30, means that the viscosity of this multi-grade oil at 100�C (212�F) operating temperature corresponds to the viscosity of a single-grade 30 oil at same temperature.

2. 229.31 is mainly for extended drain interval and environment protection.

3. TITAN HPE ULTRA 15W40 is actually rated higher by API at CI-4 as compared to TITAN GT1 SAE 5W-40 at API CF.

4. Diesel engine runs smoother and lighter on Mineral base oil than Synthetic base oil.

5. Will got to check if FUCHS Malaysia carry TITAN GT1 SAE 5W-40 , will update you later.

For ref., this is the MB Spec List for each respective type of engine

MB 226.9
Multigrade engine oils for gas engines (CNG) based on Series 300/400 engines.

MB 227.0
Monograde engine oils for non-turbocharged diesel engines (Series 600).

MB 227.1
Multigrade engine oils for non-turbocharged diesel engines (Series 600).

MB 228.0
Monograde engine oils for turbocharged diesel engines. Oil change intervals up to
30,000 km.

MB 228.1
Multigrade engine oils for turbocharged diesel engines. Oil change intervals up to
30,000 km.

MB 228.2
Monograde SHPD engine oils for highly turbocharged diesel engines.

MB 228.3
SHPD engine oils for highly turbocharged diesel engines. Extended oil change intervals
up to 45,000 km.

MB 228.5
UHPD engine oils for highly turbocharged diesel engines. Extended oil change intervals
in light-duty engines up to 45,000 km. Up to 160,000 km possible in heavy-duty diesel engines (with service interval displays).

MB 228.51
UHPD engine oils for trucks fitted with exhaust gas after treatment. Low ash content required.

MB 229.1
Engine oil for car gasoline and diesel engines. More stringent than ACEA A2/A3 and B2/B3.

MB 229.3
Engine oils for cars with extended oil change intervals (30,000 km).

MB 229.31
Engine oils for cars with exhaust gas after treatment. Low ash content required.

MB 229.5
Fuel Economy engine oil for even longer oil change intervals (vehicles from 2002 on) with service indicators. Special, stricter requirements than ACEA A3/B3. For use in all car gasoline and diesel engines. This oil also complies with 229.1 and 229.3.

MB 229.51
Very high performance oil for engines with diesel particle filters and extended oil change intervals. Better fuel economy than MB 229.5.

2. ATF Oil

For a full list of available FUCHS ATF Oil list here

i. TITAN ATF 4400
DEXRON III, JWS 3309/ TYPE T-IV

ii. We are using TITAN ATF 3353
DEXRON III, MB-APPROVAL 236.12

Will try out Bendix Titanium 4WD for my rear by next change. Just waiting for the current one to wear off but I think will take a bit of time. Bro ByeBye2u do need a strong brake, his remapped Rexton has over 200 HP and he is very footed.

Cheers!
BR1

One of our bro has close contact with parts supplier and wholesaler who in charge of all our parts sourcing and ordering. I have PM you on the arrangement.

r3xt0n

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:22 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 11 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the Titinium 4WD grade is even better many times!!! over 380 degree celcius burning point!!!! and also dont makan the metal rotor disc!!! and also make the ABS, ESP and etc always got works to do, dont let them rest and make them so lasy, we paid for them to works when we buy the car with this features so now when you use this 4wd grade they work like hell hahaha.

When you braking hard, always remember to check your rear mirror if the fellow behind you could stop in time. Most cars on the road do not has any ABS or ESP. You may stop in time nicely but the one behind you may not.

razopower

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 11 2011, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you braking hard, always remember to check your rear mirror if the fellow behind you could stop in time. Most cars on the road do not has any ABS or ESP. You may stop in time nicely but the one behind you may not.

Yeah...i think i would love to try the Titaniunm 4WD grade. I have not change my rear brake pads too.

r3xt0n

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Apr 11 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...i think i would love to try the Titaniunm 4WD grade. I have not change my rear brake pads too.

I am going to get Titanium 4WD for my rear too, will install it next.

cyberider

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Cheers!
BR1

I'm serving my Captiva at Bangi SC, they allowed me to BYO even though my car is still under warranty (however my plan is not the standard 5 yrs parts + service). So far quite happy with their service.