Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Improve Rexton Suspension

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

wirahijau

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

wirahijau

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro mine ok. Just interested in the yellow shock absorber I saw in your photo. What brand? Gas or hydraulic type? Thanks

That koni abs, it gas charged i think. Read from internet.
Price dont know as install by previous owner,but one of our bro said 2k plus
Mean my exzaust tip dmg n need repair

rx270xdi

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (wirahijau @ Apr 4 2011, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That koni abs, it gas charged i think. Read from internet.
Price dont know as install by previous owner,but one of our bro said 2k plus
Mean my exzaust tip dmg n need repair

I bought it last year, RM2700 without installation, but don't know still can get the same price..! you will always confident driving with KONI absorber, more stable handling and it is totally difference of driving sence.

Here is the Link http://www.sparepart...moto/pduct.html

rex4585

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Apr 4 2011, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought it last year, RM2700 without installation, but don't know still can get the same price..! you will always confident driving with KONI absorber, more stable handling and it is totally difference of driving sence.

Here is the Link http://www.sparepart...moto/pduct.html

just check with Singapore Koni dealer today. Quoted S$630 per set for Rex yellow type and S$730 per set for RexII red color type. But need to order 8 weeks. Much cheaper down south. Can get other gas type also locally. Rear RM170 each and front RM220 each. But how good don't know.

citFreak

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

citFreak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
if you guys running the Koni shocks, what about the spring? still the stock spring?

r3xt0n

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Apr 5 2011, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just check with Singapore Koni dealer today. Quoted S$630 per set for Rex yellow type and S$730 per set for RexII red color type. But need to order 8 weeks. Much cheaper down south. Can get other gas type also locally. Rear RM170 each and front RM220 each. But how good don't know.

I tried to search and this is the cheapest price so far, others are easily at around 400 Pound that is about RM2,000 here exclude shipment. Can start a thread to discuss on this for those who are interested.

Also some bros who added Ultra Racing Strout/Anti-Roll bars and Auto Foam to improve the handling could perhaps share their experience here too.

r3xt0n

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (citFreak @ Apr 5 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you guys running the Koni shocks, what about the spring? still the stock spring?

When you collecting your Rex 2? Make it time to attend the Group Lunch with your new baby?

citFreak

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

citFreak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 5 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you collecting your Rex 2? Make it time to attend the Group Lunch with your new baby?

Pending for loan approval :-), I'll definitely attend the coming TT but might be slightly late to the event, whether can attend with the new baby still a question.

Cheers

r3xt0n

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (citFreak @ Apr 5 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pending for loan approval :-), I'll definitely attend the coming TT but might be slightly late to the event, whether can attend with the new baby still a question.

Cheers

Chase the loan officer faster la, most cases can be approved in 24 hours. They are getting paid to do the job afterall.

citFreak

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

citFreak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 5 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chase the loan officer faster la, most cases can be approved in 24 hours. They are getting paid to do the job afterall.

I did, submitted the application on Monday morning, called up this evening and he seems to be frustrated, and keep telling me they knew what needs to be done, and it will take min 2-3 days.

Sigh...I heard from my fren 24 hours is possible if its a new car I'm about to purchase, used car normally takes longer

r3xt0n

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (citFreak @ Apr 5 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did, submitted the application on Monday morning, called up this evening and he seems to be frustrated, and keep telling me they knew what needs to be done, and it will take min 2-3 days.

Sigh...I heard from my fren 24 hours is possible if its a new car I'm about to purchase, used car normally takes longer

I would have handle the loan application personally and save a little interest.