Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kudos To Police For Stopping Trucks On Nkve At 8 30 Am This Morning

• Please log in to reply

jepakazoid

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

jepakazoid

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Most of the time when I go out my house in shah alam to enter NKVE towards KLat around 8 am ish, the road will be jam packed even before you reach the shah alam toll. Every morning you can see these trucks entering NKVE highway going toward KL making the traffic condition worse for average joes like me. Lori balak / lori taik / lori minyak / lori lembu semua ada. If im not mistaken there was a ruling that states that these trucks are not allowed on highways before 9 30 am.

This morning a miracle happened. I saw police stopping standing in the middle of highway stopping these trucks. If im not mistaken the location is after the kota damansara exit.

Kudos to police who are doing their job. Hopefully they can regularly perform the same routine.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jepakazoid @ Apr 5 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the time when I go out my house in shah alam to enter NKVE towards KLat around 8 am ish, the road will be jam packed even before you reach the shah alam toll. Every morning you can see these trucks entering NKVE highway going toward KL making the traffic condition worse for average joes like me. Lori balak / lori taik / lori minyak / lori lembu semua ada. If im not mistaken there was a ruling that states that these trucks are not allowed on highways before 9 30 am.

This morning a miracle happened. I saw police stopping standing in the middle of highway stopping these trucks. If im not mistaken the location is after the kota damansara exit.

Kudos to police who are doing their job. Hopefully they can regularly perform the same routine.

I think there was such a ruling.....

Dewi

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Dewi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
If I'm not mistaken, heavy vehicles@trailers weighing 10 Tonnes & more) are not allowed to use PLUS highway between Sg. Buloh - Bkt. Lanjan between 6.45am - 9.00am to ease slow-moving traffic at Bkt. lanjan area, during weekdays.

If I can recall, the rules has been enforced +/- 6 months ago. At the initial stage & before full enforcement, heavy laden vehicles are advised not to use the said stretch by the police/PLUS personnels. Today, they may get summons if they still ignored the said notices.

Thanks God, the implementation of this rule greatly reduces traffic chaos at the Bkt. Lanjan area, esp to those travelling from north to KL/Shah Alam.

Anyway, traffic chaos is still happenning at this area but it is not due to heavy-laden vehicles, but it's contributed by road-hogging slow-moving cars with automatic gearbox & manual transmission cars with slipping clutch.

P/S: Red-colour notices on this matter were posted for information along the PLUS highway around the area & as far as Rawang & Bkt. Beruntung.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Dewi @ Apr 5 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm not mistaken, heavy vehicles@trailers weighing 10 Tonnes & more) are not allowed to use PLUS highway between Sg. Buloh - Bkt. Lanjan between 6.45am - 9.00am to ease slow-moving traffic at Bkt. lanjan area, during weekdays.

If I can recall, the rules has been enforced +/- 6 months ago. At the initial stage & before full enforcement, heavy laden vehicles are advised not to use the said stretch by the police/PLUS personnels. Today, they may get summons if they still ignored the said notices.

Thanks God, the implementation of this rule greatly reduces traffic chaos at the Bkt. Lanjan area, esp to those travelling from north to KL/Shah Alam.

Anyway, traffic chaos is still happenning at this area but it is not due to heavy-laden vehicles, but it's contributed by road-hogging slow-moving cars with automatic gearbox & manual transmission cars with slipping clutch.

P/S: Red-colour notices on this matter were posted for information along the PLUS highway around the area & as far as Rawang & Bkt. Beruntung.

But without enforcement it will not work......... smile_blackeye.gif

tpl

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 5 2011, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But without enforcement it will not work......... smile_blackeye.gif

jln kuching(ipoh rd) every morning n evening will c mata tahan loli.. hahahahhaha
2012 NMT President

jepakazoid

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

jepakazoid

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

today while going towards KLagain I see police in Helang Lebuhraya EVO stopped a bunch of trucks. I feel like i wanted to cry seeing they actually perform their job. It is not a common sight for me and I appreciate what they done for us.

vr2turbo

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jepakazoid @ Apr 6 2011, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
today while going towards KLagain I see police in Helang Lebuhraya EVO stopped a bunch of trucks. I feel like i wanted to cry seeing they actually perform their job. It is not a common sight for me and I appreciate what they done for us.

Lets see for how long...... smile_tongue.gif

Bengong

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (Dewi @ Apr 5 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

slow moving 1 & 3 tons lorries also shall be banned during that period...they also contribute to the jam when crawling Bukit Lanjan....

i realised...because i am from Bukit Beruntung , if i arrive Sungai buloh overhead bridge at around 7.50 am ...the road from sungai buloh towards Jalan Duta is clear and smooth flowing smile_wink.gif
Bengong

yapbrother

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

yapbrother

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 6 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets see for how long...... smile_tongue.gif

Not long guaranteed!

jepakazoid

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

jepakazoid

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

it seems that this week police are doing it every day on NKVE from shah alam towards kota damansara. Kudos to police for doing what they are being paid to do, which is law enforcement.