Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda 6 2.0 Vs 2.5

• Please log in to reply

shad0wmag3

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

shad0wmag3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
hi guys,
looking to get an M6.
wonder with the new 2010 M6 facelift, is the 2.0 a better buy?
dont really need power, so dont think i need 2.5
but doing research online, seems like the bulk of M6 buyers choose 2.5

any reason for this?

Mean

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
some people are subject to a certain law that prohibits them from having too much $ in the bank, hence they must get the 2.5 or risk losing their driving licences as a penalty.

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

shad0wmag3

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

shad0wmag3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
hahaha... funny funny
wish i was one of them who has too much money
you own an M6 by any chance.

drivetrain

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

drivetrain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (shad0wmag3 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha... funny funny
wish i was one of them who has too much money
you own an M6 by any chance.

Fact is nobody drives both so no one can give you comparison on power. the 2.5 had more features before but now the 2 also has features.
2.5 mid torque good but from stationary, not impressive. although more horse power but first/second gear ratio not great. read that 2 response seems better but cant confirm.

both will probably suffer from defective front sensors as this seems to be the hallmark of mazda.
defective in the sense that it beeps inappropriately while driving. ask the vendor(GS): they will tell you to switch it off. if paying for an item which is crappy does not border you, then mazda is a good car.

why not just test drive both to decide

williaml

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Mazda6 2.0L is available test drive previously, however, that unit was sold recently, I believe some had test driven the 2.0L

Price different between the two variant is about RM26k, but you get additional BOSE system, sunroof, 18 rims, 6 airbags, factory installed leather seat, DSC, AFS, foglamps, AAS gearbox, advance keyless entry, push-start ssytem.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

benny1001

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

benny1001

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
read some news online that mazda japan is recalling 2008 jan~feb built m6 2.5 due to engine components defect, duno our dealer is recalling or not..

survivor

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

survivor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Apr 2 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mazda6 2.0L is available test drive previously, however, that unit was sold recently, I believe some had test driven the 2.0L

Price different between the two variant is about RM26k, but you get additional BOSE system, sunroof, 18 rims, 6 airbags, factory installed leather seat, DSC, AFS, foglamps, AAS gearbox, advance keyless entry, push-start ssytem.

ZOOM ZOOM...

Hi William,

Do you mind to elaborate on the AAS gearbox on the 2.5L Mazda 6? Thanks!

shad0wmag3

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

shad0wmag3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
hi all,
thanks for your inputs.
yes williaml.
was under the impression that the gearbox is the same for both 2.0 and 2.5 variant?

TheGunner

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
william, out of curiousity, are you selling more units of the 2.0 or 2.5?
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

williaml

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
TheGunner,

Mazda6 2.5L sold more than 2.0L, something like 65% : 35% ratio.

The AAS (Active Adaptive Shift) on Mazda6 2.5L and Mazda RX-8 (auto):

The AAS function optimizes transmission shift points based on driver input using data from various sensors (for example, in the accelerator and brake pedals) and vehicle handling (rate of acceleration, cornering etc), the AAS helps enhance the vehicle's performance whether it is being driven in a relaxed way or more aggressively.

ZOOM ZOOM...

Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT