Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 Diesel - Are We Getting It?

• Please log in to reply

tazztham

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
guys,

i think our diesel is save enough for current captiva 2.0 VCDi engine. the cruze will be using the same engine as captiva and imagine that torque pulling relatively lighter car. if they bring in the manual, u can start the car with 2nd gear and most probably using 4th over all in city.

must wait for it... current 1.8 cruze doesn't match with it 'Touring Racing' look!!!

tazztham

armereth

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

armereth

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
Thanks

Keep putting pressure on them.

QUOTE (tazztham @ Apr 9 2011, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys,

i think our diesel is save enough for current captiva 2.0 VCDi engine. the cruze will be using the same engine as captiva and imagine that torque pulling relatively lighter car. if they bring in the manual, u can start the car with 2nd gear and most probably using 4th over all in city.

must wait for it... current 1.8 cruze doesn't match with it 'Touring Racing' look!!!

netsoft

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

netsoft

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
If they decided to bring in this variant of Cruze, I'll be on their customer list immediately. Interior and exterior wise looks nice, just that engine is a bit on the disadvantage. smile_disapprove.gif

br1

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (netsoft @ Apr 17 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they decided to bring in this variant of Cruze, I'll be on their customer list immediately. Interior and exterior wise looks nice, just that engine is a bit on the disadvantage. smile_disapprove.gif

ya, me too. if the same diesel engine is used like our Captiva then it is a real powerful good car, but hope they have good service support and stock up parts or else..... ?????

Sad to said, the 1.8 Cruze here, on loan to me when my Captiva was in the workshop which I used for 5 days from Naza was hopelessly underpowered.

mikasa

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

mikasa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
VCDi is coming to Malaysia..........hope we getting new engine with 360Nm tork not old one with 320Nm

http://www.chevrolet...ts/model_cruze/

TheGunner

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
What do you guys think would be a fair price for the Cruze diesel?

Ford sells the Focus TDCi at RM128,888, while the current Cruze petrol goes for RM101,523.90.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

alexT

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

alexT

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jun 14 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ford sells the Focus TDCi at RM128,888, while the current Cruze petrol goes for RM101,523.90.

the new spec are quite impressive (sunroof, mulitlink suspension etc). would sell well if ard 110k-115k. if its a honda or toyota with this spec, it can go ard 140k tongue.gif

armereth

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

armereth

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
Just saw it in the site... says 327nm..... not the 360nm one.... but anyway, i have called Cergazam PJ, the SA says he didnt hear anything yet.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

mikasa

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

mikasa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
QUOTE (armereth @ Jun 14 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just saw it in the site... says 327nm..... not the 360nm one.... but anyway, i have called Cergazam PJ, the SA says he didnt hear anything yet.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

launch date ETA this October. that why they already put it the adv on their website.

zentra

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

zentra

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jun 14 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately Chevy is not selling very well, as it is a Daewoo rebadge isn't it? Also read about spare parts issue for the excellent diesel Captiva. I think the dealer has to do a much much better job. Bringing in affordable turbo diesels is a step in the right direction I would say.

The new Cruze with the bodykit and rims looks very nice, hope the new diesel will be priced 110k-120k to fend off the T&H and its other Korean brothers (Hyundai and Kia), and throw in a 3-5 yr warranty + free service as icing on the cake! smile.gif