Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda 3 Mps No Test Drive Policy

• Please log in to reply

ethann

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

ethann

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Well, you are not allow to test drive (or rather the car is not open for public TD) unless you pay 3k for booking, what a rule !

williaml

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
No test drive at the moment, even if you have made booking....no doubt that some sales person might ask you to pay before can go for test drive. Anyway, no car available for test drive at the moment.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

ethann

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

ethann

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Mar 26 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No test drive at the moment, even if you have made booking....no doubt that some sales person might ask you to pay before can go for test drive. Anyway, no car available for test drive at the moment.

ZOOM ZOOM...

Well, they said there are only one unit available for test drive and being sharing among branches. After making payment for booking, they will arrange an appointment for the test drive. At least this is what the sale person told me.

williaml

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Nothing to do with booking or without booking, the fact is no unit available for public test drive, at this moment.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

Informer

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Video:
2010 Mazda 3 MPS (Mark II)
Honest John UK Review - Top speed at 245 km/h at Autobahn, Germany

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

nofear1979

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
i gong to drive it on next Monday night.... red MPS... smile_sleepy.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

whitestorm

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Have been waiting for the MPS to arrive. Unfortunately, when I went to the showroom in TTDI for a test drive I got the same response from the SA "Sorry, no test drive available for the MPS"

What's the point of having a launch, a press campaign to drive awareness for the MPS & selling it without a test drive unit?
Pure elementary marketing fundamentals gone wrong.

Coupled with the fact having SAs asking for booking fee prior to test drive. Since when did the car purchase process work backwards? Sheesh....

williaml

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
From what I know, Honda Civic Type R test drive not available all the time; at this moment, test drive of Mazda3 MPS is not available, doesn't mean permanently no test drive on this model, in fact, some customer had tested it at HQ. By the way, TTDI is only one of the Mazda dealer, normally dealer would not have full range of test drive unit, perhaps can visit branches or HQ in future.

ZOOM ZOOM...

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ycfoo

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
this is depend on who we ask for the Tap-R test drive.... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif , also many of the ppl who buy the Tap-R hv been the FANs or been using a Tap-R before ie DC5.

Where as the MPS is very new to local morket here. even we can read many review from others countries... but still no 1 really try it out here yet (not include the local media). Also may be the dealer worry local ppl here don't know how to control a powerful car, which normal car is about 150bhp.... "I can handle the car but many of them don't when thing go worng" smile_blackeye.gif

but look at Motor Image they do allow ppl to test drive their STI car? which is a 300bhp car vs the 250bhp car. a Rm277k vs RM177k car.

Like some other made.... u go to a show room then try to check the car out, but find out all the car's door is locked.... WTH?? smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

Finally this is still the dealer call... nope?

wkheng

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

wkheng

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
This is indeed the most funny thing I ever encountered. Why would Mazda not offering a test drive and uses Honda Civic no test drive policy as a benchmark? Why couldnt Mazda compare with other makes, lets say Renault Megane RS250, which is higher priced than MPS yet they allowed the public to test drive their car? Its totally a joke! The price of the car can even pay for a condo already and I have no rights to test drive?

I am too overjoyed when I heard about the MPS launch and I purposely drive 1 hour from my work place to 1U and PJ showroom to see the car, but was rejected upon asking for a test unit. Honestly, I already gave up on MPS, I will opt for Renault Megane instead, which the sales person appears to be more professional in handling my queries and requests.

All in all, your marketing might went right all the way, until you start rejecting POTENTIAL customers for a test drive. Shame on you Mazda!!!!