Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar, Struts And Brace For Sonata Yf/i45

• Please log in to reply

ricprom

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (devilfan @ Mar 23 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro count me in as well pls

ok, those confirm/reserved:

4 confirm, 5 more to go

Pls contact me when u want to install as we can install as and when since u have confirm

1) blcw1208 ( Brandon)
2) Adrian
3) Devilfan
4) U sms me ( u know who you r) pls provide your nick if possible here

RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

limsonata

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

limsonata

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 25 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, those confirm/reserved:

4 confirm, 5 more to go

Pls contact me when u want to install as we can install as and when since u have confirm

1) blcw1208 ( Brandon)
2) Adrian
3) Devilfan
4) U sms me ( u know who you r) pls provide your nick if possible here

1) blcw1208 ( Brandon)
2) Adrian
3) Devilfan
4) limsonata

smile_approve.gif

Informer

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 19 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All fellow YF/i45 Sonatarians,

As promised, my review of the Ultra Racing Anti roll bars that I have installed on my Sonata YF since begining of this year. Sorry for taking so long to review as I also wanted to make sure Ultra Racing has the stocks for it before making you guys/gals salivate to get it done. I am going to make the review simple so you get the gizz of it :

1. Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar front is 24mm thick (original 20mm) and the rear anti roll bar is 20mm(original 14mm) thick. It comes with PU bushes which is silicon and long lasting. should even last longer than the original bush.
2. The thicker anti roll bar helps to improve the steering feel to make it more tighter and taut. It also helps to improve the car handling by quite a margin. Don't sway so much and the improvement is about more than 30% than original. I must say the steering feel has improved by quite a margin.

I was at Ultra Racing today with Fsrfaee who took delivery of his car couple of days ago and have tested my car 2 days ago to feel the difference of the car after installing the anti roll bars. He loves the feel so much that he got it fixed today at Ultra Racing HQ. He commented the steering now feels right and taut and so much better than before. I am glad he likes it as I have enjoyed it for the last couple of months. Infact today I did something more than the anti roll bars that I will share with you guys later.

Now the good part , after talking to the boss of Ultra Racing, he decided to give us the buddy of "Ricky Lim" Sonata YF in Autoworld a special deal. The usual selling price of the front & back anti roll bar is RM 650 + RM 580 = RM 1,230 without installation. For us the members, he is giving us the front & back roll bar package at RM 1,100 plus Installation. You will need to get it from Ultra Racing directly and installed there in the HQ. (you will be sure that it is genuine parts as u got it done in the HQ). Just call me at 012-2244122 to set up the deal for you with Ultra Racing. FYI, u can visit Ultra Racing site at www.ultraracing.com.my for more details.
Attached picture is the original (black) and Ultra Racing (white) anti-roll bar comparison in thickness.[attachment=4025:antiroll_bar.jpg]

Just a personal view...

If your car is already equip with Traction Control, EBD, TPMS, or any other safety features etc., there no need to change anything on the said car except for your passion if for more joy of driving and performance...

Visited UR Racing in Cheras and installed UR bars on all parts of my car, and I must say that, there was amazingly improvement in car handling and confidence...

You see, we read foreign reviews with all those safety specs, and when the said car being sold locally, most of them came with basic specs... in other words, first world countries gets high standards of safety features, whereas, the third world countries people gets only one or two choices or basic specs... (that's why people who can afford BMW, Merc, Audi etc... buy them beside status and standard...)

I know so because driving an E-Class at 160km/hr with suddenly a rear punctured rear tire, just gave a shaky vibrating steering feel but the car still being full controllable and manageable and happy to be alive and sharing the story...

Bare in mind, UR Racing struts bars does sacrifices comfort on the car suspension, but you will be smiling when you see winding roads and corners... smile_big.gif
You know this, when you own one...
My 2 cents...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

ricprom

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Mar 26 2011, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a personal view...

If your car is already equip with Traction Control, EBD, TPMS, or any other safety features etc., there no need to change anything on the said car except for your passion if for more joy of driving and performance...

Visited UR Racing in Cheras and installed UR bars on all parts of my car, and I must say that, there was amazingly improvement in car handling and confidence...

You see, we read foreign reviews with all those safety specs, and when the said car being sold locally, most of them came with basic specs... in other words, first world countries gets high standards of safety features, whereas, the third world countries people gets only one or two choices or basic specs... (that's why people who can afford BMW, Merc, Audi etc... buy them beside status and standard...)

I know so because driving an E-Class at 160km/hr with suddenly a rear punctured rear tire, just gave a shaky vibrating steering feel but the car still being full controllable and manageable and happy to be alive and sharing the story...

Bare in mind, UR Racing struts bars does sacrifices comfort on the car suspension, but you will be smiling when you see winding roads and corners... smile_big.gif
You know this, when you own one...
My 2 cents...

You are right that by installing all complete brace struts it will give a stiiff ride especially lower arm brace struts but just upgrading antiroll bars will not sacrifice the ride comfort thus I would reccomend the anti roll bars upgrade to get the better control ride and heavier steering feel. FYI, I have remove the lower front and back arms as I find the ride too stiff on bad road condition. I still have the middle brace, front top brace and front lower member brace on. It is fantastic without scarificing the ride comfort........ and the handling is so much better than original...
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

adrwoon

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 26 2011, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right that by installing all complete brace struts it will give a stiiff ride especially lower arm brace struts but just upgrading antiroll bars will not sacrifice the ride comfort thus I would reccomend the anti roll bars upgrade to get the better control ride and heavier steering feel. FYI, I have remove the lower front and back arms as I find the ride too stiff on bad road condition. I still have the middle brace, front top brace and front lower member brace on. It is fantastic without scarificing the ride comfort........ and the handling is so much better than original...

my 2 cents here... i just got the front and rear anti-roll bars installed and there car does definitely handle in a tidier manner..

steering inputs seem to be taken better especially when i tried circling the little roundabout near Ultra Racing at a slightly higher speed that normal... there's less body roll which, i think all that have installed these items will attest to, gives more confidence in the handling of the car...

just so happened that when i went today, i bumped into Brandon (blcw1208) there and we had a good chat about our purchases and how to try to avoid customs taxation laugh.gif.. nice meeting up with u!
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

blcw1208

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

blcw1208

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 26 2011, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my 2 cents here... i just got the front and rear anti-roll bars installed and there car does definitely handle in a tidier manner..

steering inputs seem to be taken better especially when i tried circling the little roundabout near Ultra Racing at a slightly higher speed that normal... there's less body roll which, i think all that have installed these items will attest to, gives more confidence in the handling of the car...

just so happened that when i went today, i bumped into Brandon (blcw1208) there and we had a good chat about our purchases and how to try to avoid customs taxation laugh.gif.. nice meeting up with u!

Andrian,
Nice meetin u also. Garang black sonata wit 18" black rim n drl

yeah nice talk n hope v can group buy our make-up. Think v can consider black roof spoiler.

I also installed UR front n rear anti roll n front strut (rm1300). And yes, better steering input n less roll. Tq ricky for reconmendation.

Goin to tth puchong for leds n soundproof.

fsrfaee

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

fsrfaee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 26 2011, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ricky,
which ones did you remove? There are two lower front back braces based on the product page

http://www.ultraraci...?...0i45&page=1

Is it 1137 or 1138 that you removed? I assume it's the1137?

And you still have the side bars and front struts installed, right?

Faeez

ricprom

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (fsrfaee @ Mar 27 2011, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ricky,
which ones did you remove? There are two lower front back braces based on the product page

Faeez

Yes I remove 1137 & 1140. The side bars and front struts still intact.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

Informer

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (fsrfaee @ Mar 27 2011, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ricky,

Faeez

Great...
Now UR Website comes with video tutorial installation...
How things change so much since my last visit...
Great improvement...
Kudos...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

ricprom

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (limsonata @ Mar 25 2011, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) blcw1208 ( Brandon)
2) Adrian
3) Devilfan
4) limsonata

smile_approve.gif

Faiz, blcw & andrian have nstall the anti roll cars front and back

so now left 7 sets at the special price.

This upgrade is the the easier to get the heavier steering feel on high speed and less roll and sway.... better handling. For those who complained that their steering is too light especially at highway speed.... yyou might want to consider this upgrade. So far, I am happy with mine that's why I recommend it.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com