Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar, Struts And Brace For Sonata Yf/i45

• Please log in to reply

ricprom

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
All fellow YF/i45 Sonatarians,

As promised, my review of the Ultra Racing Anti roll bars that I have installed on my Sonata YF since begining of this year. Sorry for taking so long to review as I also wanted to make sure Ultra Racing has the stocks for it before making you guys/gals salivate to get it done. I am going to make the review simple so you get the gizz of it :

1. Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar front is 24mm thick (original 20mm) and the rear anti roll bar is 20mm(original 14mm) thick. It comes with PU bushes which is silicon and long lasting. should even last longer than the original bush.
2. The thicker anti roll bar helps to improve the steering feel to make it more tighter and taut. It also helps to improve the car handling by quite a margin. Don't sway so much and the improvement is about more than 30% than original. I must say the steering feel has improved by quite a margin.

I was at Ultra Racing today with Fsrfaee who took delivery of his car couple of days ago and have tested my car 2 days ago to feel the difference of the car after installing the anti roll bars. He loves the feel so much that he got it fixed today at Ultra Racing HQ. He commented the steering now feels right and taut and so much better than before. I am glad he likes it as I have enjoyed it for the last couple of months. Infact today I did something more than the anti roll bars that I will share with you guys later.

Now the good part , after talking to the boss of Ultra Racing, he decided to give us the buddy of "Ricky Lim" Sonata YF in Autoworld a special deal. The usual selling price of the front & back anti roll bar is RM 650 + RM 580 = RM 1,230 without installation. For us the members, he is giving us the front & back roll bar package at RM 1,100 plus Installation. You will need to get it from Ultra Racing directly and installed there in the HQ. (you will be sure that it is genuine parts as u got it done in the HQ). Just call me at 012-2244122 to set up the deal for you with Ultra Racing. FYI, u can visit Ultra Racing site at www.ultraracing.com.my for more details.
Attached picture is the original (black) and Ultra Racing (white) anti-roll bar comparison in thickness.[attachment=4025:antiroll_bar.jpg]
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

adrwoon

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
Dammit Ricky!! How could you do this to me!?! smile_big.gif I wasn't planning on spending any more money on my car for a couple more months...

.. and now you come up with this mouth-watering review...
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

daryllau

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

daryllau

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Darn it Ricky... even before my car arrives, I already feel so broke tongue.gif
Calling all Owners of Avante, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, Getz, i10 and any other Hyundai models... Join the Club:
A Place for Hyundai Car Owners to Call Home - HyundaiClub.my @ Hyundai Club Malaysia

ricprom

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 19 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dammit Ricky!! How could you do this to me!?! smile_big.gif I wasn't planning on spending any more money on my car for a couple more months...

Adrian/ Daryliau
sorry bro. cannot don't share with you guys..... fyi, i did the struts today. waiting to take it to Teluk Intan on Monday to test on the trunk and highway road. Already, i feel the car more tight and poise on handling.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

MOUSEY

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

MOUSEY

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 19 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here ! I need to ban myself from this forum !! Arghhh !!! tongue.gif

Some drivers drive crazily or drives you crazy

jie103

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
Got special price if i only install front anti roll? Because i have installed rear anti roll..Same here, spent alot on this car..later when the FlyAudio HU is out, have to spend another ?k. So better save money 1st.

fsrfaee

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

fsrfaee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
Hey all,
I'm fsrfaee that Ricky mentioned. I tested out Ricky's car on Thursday when i had the bulbs, mats, etc done in Puchong. Could tell the difference in handling between his ride and mine (both 2.0 HS), especially taking the really long round corners (i.e. the off ramps that becomes a big loop). Yesterday i had the roll bars installed and now my ride does feel improved (the handling behaves better). I am very happy with the mod... plus the job was pretty fast

I also tested Ricky's car after he did the struts. The handling's about the same, but you can feel that the car's more rigid/solid. Contemplating that next (maybe in 6 months or so).

ps. on a side note, ricky rode with me in my car when i test drove (post the installation) and he's finally going to have the sika mats put in the car after hearing how quieter it can be smile.gif

cheers all..
faeez

trijuta

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 19 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All fellow YF/i45 Sonatarians,

As promised, my review of the Ultra Racing Anti roll bars that I have installed on my Sonata YF since begining of this year. Sorry for taking so long to review as I also wanted to make sure Ultra Racing has the stocks for it before making you guys/gals salivate to get it done. I am going to make the review simple so you get the gizz of it :

1. Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar front is 24mm thick (original 20mm) and the rear anti roll bar is 20mm(original 14mm) thick. It comes with PU bushes which is silicon and long lasting. should even last longer than the original bush.
2. The thicker anti roll bar helps to improve the steering feel to make it more tighter and taut. It also helps to improve the car handling by quite a margin. Don't sway so much and the improvement is about more than 30% than original. I must say the steering feel has improved by quite a margin.

I was at Ultra Racing today with Fsrfaee who took delivery of his car couple of days ago and have tested my car 2 days ago to feel the difference of the car after installing the anti roll bars. He loves the feel so much that he got it fixed today at Ultra Racing HQ. He commented the steering now feels right and taut and so much better than before. I am glad he likes it as I have enjoyed it for the last couple of months. Infact today I did something more than the anti roll bars that I will share with you guys later.

Now the good part , after talking to the boss of Ultra Racing, he decided to give us the buddy of "Ricky Lim" Sonata YF in Autoworld a special deal. The usual selling price of the front & back anti roll bar is RM 650 + RM 580 = RM 1,230 without installation. For us the members, he is giving us the front & back roll bar package at RM 1,100 plus Installation. You will need to get it from Ultra Racing directly and installed there in the HQ. (you will be sure that it is genuine parts as u got it done in the HQ). Just call me at 012-2244122 to set up the deal for you with Ultra Racing. FYI, u can visit Ultra Racing site at www.ultraracing.com.my for more details.
Attached picture is the original (black) and Ultra Racing (white) anti-roll bar comparison in thickness.[attachment=4025:antiroll_bar.jpg]

ric, i juz wondering those bars (front & rear) are additional add-on item or to replace from the original one? from my observation our stock car don't come with anti roll bar front but im not sure about the rear one..BTW, UR products is sell seperately or come with package? bcos i saw from UR website there are not just front & rear bar only for YF..there are still many more bars..
thx

ricprom

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Mar 20 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ric, i juz wondering those bars (front & rear) are additional add-on item or to replace from the original one? from my observation our stock car don't come with anti roll bar front but im not sure about the rear one..BTW, UR products is sell seperately or come with package? bcos i saw from UR website there are not just front & rear bar only for YF..there are still many more bars..
thx

It is to replace the orginal ones. Actually there is a anti roll bar at the front and it is quite difficult to dismantle and replaced. needs a bit of effort to get it in. There are a total of 9 items available for Sonata YF but the most important upgrade will be the anti roll bars both front and back as it gives a lot of improvement. There rest of the bars or struts or brace is actually more to stiffen up the car chasis. You don't actually have to do the rest for the time being as some of you may find it a bit stiff for your liking. The pros will be a more competent handling car by quite a margin.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

ricprom

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Mar 20 2011, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got special price if i only install front anti roll? Because i have installed rear anti roll..Same here, spent alot on this car..later when the FlyAudio HU is out, have to spend another ?k. So better save money 1st.

let me check for you.... maybe about RM 50 off from the retail price plus installation. I will call them on Monday to find out for you.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com