Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Group Remap

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
Hi Bro,

Need at least 5 rexton RX270XDI before can get a group discount since members stay in different places(KL,Penang,Ipoh)

According to DK , each remap is unique , RX270XDI has over 50 types of software and hardware that will be adjusted/fine tune according to the car conditions. You can remap for much much extra power but of course limited by the engine,turbo,gearbox of your car, some can take more , some cannot. So far DK has remap 10 RX270XDI smile_thumbup.gif

some of the benefit

1) better throttle response - can be adjusted to your liking, some want much much faster.
2) less fuel consumption - can remap economy below 2000 rpm, much much power above 2000rpm.
3) much much less turbo lag, turbo kick as early 1800 rpm instead of standard 2400rpm.(usually less 1800rpm)
4) so much better acceleration for overtaking and hill climb easy
5) the power come very stable and the torque huge - can carry more weight easily
6) less smoke, yes.so much less smoke
7) the transmission also will be tune to cope with the extra power, less slip,more economy.

of course laa, when remap sure want more POWER.
Please reply if any members interested for the group remap to enjoy the discount.

Cheers

NIK

1) Bro bk4t9

bk4t9

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 AM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 9 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Need at least 5 rexton RX270XDI before can get a group discount since members stay in different places(KL,Penang,Ipoh)

According to DK , each remap is unique , RX270XDI has over 50 types of software and hardware that will be adjusted/fine tune according to the car conditions. You can remap for much much extra power but of course limited by the engine,turbo,gearbox of your car, some can take more , some cannot. So far DK has remap 10 RX270XDI smile_thumbup.gif

some of the benefit

1) better throttle response - can be adjusted to your liking, some want much much faster.
2) less fuel consumption - can remap economy below 2000 rpm, much much power above 2000rpm.
3) much much less turbo lag, turbo kick as early 1800 rpm instead of standard 2400rpm.(usually less 1800rpm)
4) so much better acceleration for overtaking and hill climb easy
5) the power come very stable and the torque huge - can carry more weight easily
6) less smoke, yes.so much less smoke
7) the transmission also will be tune to cope with the extra power, less slip,more economy.

of course laa, when remap sure want more POWER.
Please reply if any members interested for the group remap to enjoy the discount.

Cheers

NIK

mentioned alrady mah,I'll sure do remap provided I complete my cold air box with apexi openpod air filter.
<P> </P>

tkw138

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
Bro NIK,

I'm interested too.
But a bit worry loo...
What is the worst can it be?

I see DK has a Remapping Trip to KL 17-23 Mar 11 but not sure that is true & where exactly he is stopping.
If can meet him up, that will be great.
I sent him a mail, just try to get more info.

KW

byebye2u

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Mar 15 2011, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro NIK,

I'm interested too.
But a bit worry loo...
What is the worst can it be?

I see DK has a Remapping Trip to KL 17-23 Mar 11 but not sure that is true & where exactly he is stopping.
If can meet him up, that will be great.
I sent him a mail, just try to get more info.

KW

Hi Bro tkw138

Standard remap already smile_tongue.gif

when push for some more different car different limit, when limit reach check engine will blink, so will be reduce a bit.

I just pm you my no and dylan no for more info.

cheers

NIK

tkw138

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
Bro NIK,

Any comment about the lagging after the remap?

The lagging plus the kickdown function can be dangerous when that happened in the wrong timing/place.
I experianced it once when making an overtake; not a good one but was lucky enough.

And I would like to send a safety reminder to Rextonian who have not experiance the kickdown function (refer user manual page 2-9 for more details).

When you are driving your Rexton and making turn (for what ever reason), NEVER depress accelerator pedal to the limit! That will trigger the kickdown function.
The lagging and the exploding power can cause serious damage. This can happen within that few seconds.

Rextonian, get youself trained to handle the extra power that Rexton has to offer.
Should try it once to experiance its power in a save place.

Not sure bro Nik have tried the kickdown function before and after remap?

Cheers,
KW

r3xt0n

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Mar 16 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro NIK,

The lagging plus the kickdown function can be dangerous when that happened in the wrong timing/place.
I experianced it once when making an overtake; not a good one but was lucky enough.

And I would like to send a safety reminder to Rextonian who have not experiance the kickdown function (refer user manual page 2-9 for more details).

When you are driving your Rexton and making turn (for what ever reason), NEVER depress accelerator pedal to the limit! That will trigger the kickdown function.
The lagging and the exploding power can cause serious damage. This can happen within that few seconds.

Rextonian, get youself trained to handle the extra power that Rexton has to offer.

Cheers,
KW

How's your experience with the kickdown? Telling half the story don't helps... hehehehe

I remember reading about the Kickdown function on the owner manual, does it has a switch under the accelerator pedal? I did check several of the Rexton but not all of them having it. Or it works electronicially by ECU control?

byebye2u

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Mar 16 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro NIK,

Cheers,
KW

I can't find the button under the accelerator, but understand that when full throttle do not steer the steering too much especially when over taking ( sometime we follow a car close behind, turn and press throttle to overtake).

if the road condition good/dry, then okay..if a bit slippery , then chances you will oversteer very sudden ( happen to me maa...power too much..hahahaha)..if over steer all system will kick in, just hold the steering, release the throttle a bit and let all the system do the works smile_thumbup.gif ( ni pun banyak kali kena hahahaha)..once kena at 140km/h after overtaking when the road become uneven, batu batu because of road maintenance ( though have to ride ambulance oledi ).

after remap, if coming out from junction during rain, I need to make sure below 2000rpm, a few time malu when the tyre spin/bunyi..hihihi

tkw138

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 16 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's your experience with the kickdown? Telling half the story don't helps... hehehehe

I remember reading about the Kickdown function on the owner manual, does it has a switch under the accelerator pedal? I did check several of the Rexton but not all of them having it. Or it works electronicially by ECU control?

Really malu to tell the full story here la... Remember to remind me again when we meet...quite a long story.

If you are having the 5 speed A/T model, you will not find it.
It is controlled by ECU/pedal movement level.

tkw138

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 17 2011, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't find the button under the accelerator, but understand that when full throttle do not steer the steering too much especially when over taking ( sometime we follow a car close behind, turn and press throttle to overtake).

if the road condition good/dry, then okay..if a bit slippery , then chances you will oversteer very sudden ( happen to me maa...power too much..hahahaha)..if over steer all system will kick in, just hold the steering, release the throttle a bit and let all the system do the works smile_thumbup.gif ( ni pun banyak kali kena hahahaha)..once kena at 140km/h after overtaking when the road become uneven, batu batu because of road maintenance ( though have to ride ambulance oledi ).

after remap, if coming out from junction during rain, I need to make sure below 2000rpm, a few time malu when the tyre spin/bunyi..hihihi

Bro byebye2u,

Looks like you are the most experienced guy here...I believe.

And now I know why Rex is holding back the power before rolling...she doesn't want to see people laughing at her.
I think, we need to break this physic law before doing remap lah... dry.gif

Suggestion?

KW

byebye2u

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Mar 20 2011, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are having the 5 speed A/T model, you will not find it.
It is controlled by ECU/pedal movement level.

Bro byebye2u,

Looks like you are the most experienced guy here...I believe.

And now I know why Rex is holding back the power before rolling...she doesn't want to see people laughing at her.
I think, we need to break this physic law before doing remap lah... dry.gif

Suggestion?

KW

good sharing bro, that is why when full throttle the car go like want to take off. so it is control by sudden pedal movement smile_thumbup.gif

I'm using 245/70 instead of 255/65 tyre, so now a bit less chances to spin, but I always slow down when wet/raining .not sure also if different tyre brand have different spin result?

I also realize that AWD like bro blit has active ESP that will kick in during sharp/high speed corner. his car activate 5-6 times from Padang Meha-Gerik.

Compare to our Part-time 4WD , ESP come very late, when the rear buang baru kick in,, but our active rollover system kick-in even at low speed smile_thumbup.gif when ignition on, we cannot see the ESP light, but it is there, if you Dyno the car then you know smile_blush.gif

NIK