Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Low Interest Rate Too Good To Be True

• Please log in to reply

Mean

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Recently I was informed by a SA that a particular bank is able to give 9 yr loan at 2.50%. Today I found out after speaking to the loan officer that the calculation is BLR - X% which makes it equivalent to conventional flat rate of 2.50% (otherwise, the prevailing flat rate is hovering around 2.70%).

I was shocked and asked some of my friends about it. None of them have actually heard of housing-type loan for car purchases! Even the SA said he is not aware of this "gimmick" and insisted that the bank did not want to provide him with details.

To me it is dangerous to go the BLR - X% way for a car since BLR is very low nowadays, it can shoot up depending on economic conditions and as it is a car is a depreciating asset. You dun wanna get caught with a RM1500 instalment to service when it was only RM900 during signup.

What do you think?

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

stinger82

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

stinger82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
QUOTE (Mean @ Mar 1 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently I was informed by a SA that a particular bank is able to give 9 yr loan at 2.50%. Today I found out after speaking to the loan officer that the calculation is BLR - X% which makes it equivalent to conventional flat rate of 2.50% (otherwise, the prevailing flat rate is hovering around 2.70%).

I was shocked and asked some of my friends about it. None of them have actually heard of housing-type loan for car purchases! Even the SA said he is not aware of this "gimmick" and insisted that the bank did not want to provide him with details.

To me it is dangerous to go the BLR - X% way for a car since BLR is very low nowadays, it can shoot up depending on economic conditions and as it is a car is a depreciating asset. You dun wanna get caught with a RM1500 instalment to service when it was only RM900 during signup.

What do you think?

its by AMBANK

AmAuto Cruise – Variable Rate Financing

KL3223

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
There are pros and cons, esp if you get a windfall and wanted to settle early, the variable option will enable you to get back more cash. With the Rule 78, even if you settle early, you dont get back much.

Learn more about the AMBank product here:

http://www.ambank.co..._rate_financing

Mean

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Hmmm...i'm kinda ignorant but anything subject to fluctuation worries me coz we are talking about a depreciating asset here..

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

yapbrother

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

yapbrother

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
QUOTE (Mean @ Mar 1 2011, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm...i'm kinda ignorant but anything subject to fluctuation worries me coz we are talking about a depreciating asset here..

Bank rules subject to changes.

Cimb also good to do business.

wanida

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (yapbrother @ Apr 8 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bank rules subject to changes.

Cimb also good to do business.

buying a car with variable rate is considered a risk due to BLR fluctuation..heard that OPR will increase soon which directly effect the BLR as well..

if you managed to secure hp rate less than 3%, better grab it.. smile_thumbup.gif

livina2011

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

livina2011

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
is it good?

so far only ambank offers it

got +ve & -ve?

what is tat

evarts