Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Please Advise For More 'bassy' Sound Setting

• Please log in to reply

dreamist

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

dreamist

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
Hi, I'm planing to replace my 2 mths old of Persona stock rear speakers to a pair of JBL CS4169 6"x9" 4 ways speaker which i had bought it long time ago and add a pair of 6.5" coxial speaker (most probably an entry level of Alpine or Mohalk) on front door panels. I'm not intent on installing any amp and sub, so do my setting provide me more 'bassy' sound? Please advise me smile.gif

Another question; the characteristic of JBL CS4169 4 ways 6"x9" speaker is more on SQ or SPL?

thank you rolleyes.gif

rallychamp

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (dreamist @ Feb 22 2011, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm planing to replace my 2 mths old of Persona stock rear speakers to a pair of JBL CS4169 6"x9" 4 ways speaker which i had bought it long time ago and add a pair of 6.5" coxial speaker (most probably an entry level of Alpine or Mohalk) on front door panels. I'm not intent on installing any amp and sub, so do my setting provide me more 'bassy' sound? Please advise me smile.gif

Another question; the characteristic of JBL CS4169 4 ways 6"x9" speaker is more on SQ or SPL?

thank you rolleyes.gif

u can get a decent bassy sound provided u got good quality HU....and play with HU built-in setup.....

if not enuf then u probbably need to install amp and woofer

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,470 posts
Some 6 x 9 can give good bass, but depends on individual what is enough..... smile_wink.gif

dreamist

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

dreamist

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Feb 22 2011, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u can get a decent bassy sound provided u got good quality HU....and play with HU built-in setup.....

if not enuf then u probbably need to install amp and woofer

Yup, u are right. But I don't like to install the woofer especially the 'box', it make my feel like very very "zho deng" (obstructive)...

andy111172

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
The standard installation is already set up to produce the most optimum sound quality from the components installed. If you change the speakers only, it won't guarantee a better sound since the new speakers might not work well with the standard head unit. In fact, it might even worsen the sound quality. Furthermore, the standard head unit is not normally up to the task.

The best way is to change the head unit and the speakers coz the head unit is the most important component in ICE... Better yet, slam in some amplifiers...

iceforever

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 22 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some 6 x 9 can give good bass, but depends on individual what is enough..... smile_wink.gif

To me, a good system should be able to produce bass from 20hz onwards and still stays upfront.
No compromise!!

vr2turbo

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Feb 24 2011, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me, a good system should be able to produce bass from 20hz onwards and still stays upfront.
No compromise!!

Hello, bro. Icy, but speakers frequency should be from 28hz only...... smile_tongue.gif

iceforever

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 24 2011, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, bro. Icy, but speakers frequency should be from 28hz only...... smile_tongue.gif

It's high time for you to experience the 20hz bass notes (Chesky recording) on my dashboard in my red Accord again!! smile_wink.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (iceforever @ Feb 24 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's high time for you to experience the 20hz bass notes (Chesky recording) on my dashboard in my red Accord again!! smile_wink.gif

You forgot. I was the only one who did not hear your system.....hehehehe smile_tongue.gif
If I did, then I am shot, have to throw my system out...... smile_big.gif

iceforever

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 25 2011, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You forgot. I was the only one who did not hear your system.....hehehehe smile_tongue.gif
If I did, then I am shot, have to throw my system out...... smile_big.gif

You should or else you will never know what you miss in life!! smile_tongue.gif