Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Wish 1.8 Vs 2.0

• Please log in to reply

Justicebao

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
I see that the 2.0 is cheaper than the 1.8, any problem with the 2.0? Is it because of the D4 engine? How many types of Toyota Wish are there in the market?
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

Popcorn

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Feb 13 2011, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that the 2.0 is cheaper than the 1.8, any problem with the 2.0? Is it because of the D4 engine? How many types of Toyota Wish are there in the market?

If not mistaken the one distributed by UMW the 2.0 comes with rear independent suspension setting unlike the Re-cond 1.8 that uses a rear beam set-up..
Cruiser

Justicebao

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Feb 13 2011, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If not mistaken the one distributed by UMW the 2.0 comes with rear independent suspension setting unlike the Re-cond 1.8 that uses a rear beam set-up..

Means the 2.0 more comfortable but more maintenance on absorbers?

sky1228

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

sky1228

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
another reason maybe the 1.8 are CBU Japan while 2.0 by UMW are CKD from Thailand.

hideiyoshi

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

hideiyoshi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
Can't go wrong with tis Toyota or most Toyota model, i luv Toyotas smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

spidey08

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

spidey08

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
QUOTE (hideiyoshi @ Feb 23 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't go wrong with tis Toyota or most Toyota model, i luv Toyotas smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

go get the new one - berry nice.
can't understand why UMW don't want to bring in this car?
If they do, i am sure they will find a lot of buyers....now the MPV market is so common with the 2 P, see until eye pain... smile_disapprove.gif

Justicebao

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
I read somewhere that we should avoid the D4 engine...any particular reason for it?

spidey08

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

spidey08

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Feb 24 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read somewhere that we should avoid the D4 engine...any particular reason for it?

Get the new one...no need to think...7 speed CVT..

wslow

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

wslow

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
May i know whats the on the road pricing for Wish 1.8 and 2.0?
Am interested to get one buy seems like limited info can be found on the web.
Thanks for any fast replies!

alldisc

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Feb 24 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D4 engines are direct injections, and we need high quality petrol to make it compatible. euro 2M simply not good enough.

the engines will work fine in malaysia but after some time, there will be too much carbon deposit at the injector - to an extend the nozzles get blocked. owners may find it frustrating to often send the injectors for service/cleaning.

VW is facing this difficulties at the moment as most of the cars are FSI (Fuel Stratified Injection @ Direct Injection) but customers are not complaining much compare to Toyota. PPl buy Toyota cars for reliability. Many Estimas, Caldina, Wish and Alphards find new homes in Malaysia even though they have no warranty. search around and there are actually D4 Wish and D4 Camrys brought in as grey import, try it and you know it.