Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 Auto Problem 2003

• Please log in to reply

darkangal

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

darkangal

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Just bought a second hand 1.8 AUto Waja last week. Really disappointed. First AUTO icon will on suddently and car become slow.Seems like gear stuck on that. This morning just found that front passenger side carpet wet after drive at raining day.Sometime Driver site lagi can hear sound like besi hit besi .ANyone can help???? i'm new to waja ....... and i only drive for 1 week....... ... problems :689:

Gunnerzz

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (darkangal @ Feb 8 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bought a second hand 1.8 AUto Waja last week. Really disappointed. First AUTO icon will on suddently and car become slow.Seems like gear stuck on that. This morning just found that front passenger side carpet wet after drive at raining day.Sometime Driver site lagi can hear sound like besi hit besi .ANyone can help???? i'm new to waja ....... and i only drive for 1 week....... ... problems 689.gif

Waaa...u brave enough to venture into the dark side by choosing the 1.8.
U should hav ask opinion from someone whom know the car b4 going for it.

On the Tranny light, when was the last time the ATF is change?
If u are not sure, flush the tranny.
Worst case is a solenoid valve needs to be replace.

When does the sound on the driver side happen?Where is it coming from?

darkangal

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

darkangal

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
yea....how lucky i'm .the sales man keep telling me 1.8 good.Mine premium with leather sit,ABS,airbag...
i'm not sure when's the ATF change. It's only some time AUTO Icons will on.then car just stick on 1 gear.Carpet on Passenger sit beside driver wet can effect? besi hit besi sound under driver side once u pass black and white lines can hear clearly.how much estimate cost to repair it?

nofear1979

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (darkangal @ Feb 9 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea....how lucky i'm .the sales man keep telling me 1.8 good.Mine premium with leather sit,ABS,airbag...
i'm not sure when's the ATF change. It's only some time AUTO Icons will on.then car just stick on 1 gear.Carpet on Passenger sit beside driver wet can effect? besi hit besi sound under driver side once u pass black and white lines can hear clearly.how much estimate cost to repair it?

should have join autoworld first before u purchase any car...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

Gunnerzz

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (darkangal @ Feb 9 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then its a wise choice to change the ATF. Only use ELF Renaultmatic D3 Syn.

Wet carpet can make your car smell. Go hav it fix asap. rust oso can occur.

The besi hit besi sound is probably worn out bushes or the handbrake cable bracket.
U can DIY check by shaking all the joints. None of it should move when u try to shake them.

darkangal

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

darkangal

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Auto GB icon appear morning time or engine cool. Any idea. by theway where can i find the ELF Renaultmatic D3 Syn ? or any 1 can help me to buy it? tq....

vishant

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

vishant

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
the water is a sign that the car has been thru flood , now those who design the waja were very smart to place the ecu at the passenger side in front of the front wheel therefore it is exposed to rain and can cause shorting.. now you say the auto sign comes on , does the car jerk in any specific gear like lets say you put it in drive and then after a while the car jerks when its shifting , now that can also be due to water has entered the gearbox.. please do give more detail on how does the car react when shifting gears(from p right down to L)
Vishant selvarajah

miaaiman

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

miaaiman

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
QUOTE (darkangal @ Feb 26 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Auto GB icon appear morning time or engine cool. Any idea. by theway where can i find the ELF Renaultmatic D3 Syn ? or any 1 can help me to buy it? tq....

I would normally warms the car up before driving off in the morning. If the GB Auto icon still appear (normally if there is a sudden change of gear - up or down) , stop by the roadside, switch off and start engine again, normally then ok.... my car la...

My mech told me that it may be due to GB oil pressure which is still not sufficient.

Just ensure mech is familiar with the car (Renault), otherwise the tendency of trial and error mech which will bring you nowhere.

Mine is Wan of Perfection Garage, Subang Bistari. Few others in Subang and Puchong I think.

Wet carpet most probably also due to windscreen previously changed and not properly done resulting rainwater seeping through it - just 2 cents...

vishant

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

vishant

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
for the sound of besi hitting besi try to check your drive shaft , based on my experience on waja 1.8 the worn out head of a drive shaft makes a cling sound ..
Vishant selvarajah

Gunnerzz

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (darkangal @ Feb 26 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u can find it by asking around spare part shop.I must say that not all will carry stock so do ask if they car order from u.
If u dont mind spending a little more, order from service center.

On the auto light,If the shift is smooth
1. check your battery terminal.
2. How old is your battery?

I hav experience where dying battery causes the auto light to lit up when driving in a jam.
Most probably bcoz not enough amp is supplied to the whole system.
As soon as it gets above 1500rpm, the light turns off as the alternator is supporting the current load.