Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

No Spare Parts For Captiva

• Please log in to reply

br1

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 3 2011, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worry.. one man meat is another man poison. Wish your situation with no spare parts will be fully resolved soon. If not, the nightware will just continue and shouting at online forum won't help much but just to spread the negativity around to push the resale value down.

Yup, no worry - if we dont shout and make some noises - they will take for granted, was feedback that GM insisted the distibutor to have at least a 80% of spares in stock - That's was good news and hope they really will look and take this action and perform.

Regarding 2nd hand value, Captiva will maintain as once one drove it will love it - Just my 2 cts.
2nd hand value for this type of car - one must be prepared to have a depreciation value of RM20k per year. Maybe just dont think about it and just take it a car rental -you dont own a car you just rent to drive it - this will make one more relaxing!

r3xt0n

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, no worry - if we dont shout and make some noises - they will take for granted, was feedback that GM insisted the distibutor to have at least a 80% of spares in stock - That's was good news and hope they really will look and take this action and perform.

Regarding 2nd hand value, Captiva will maintain as once one drove it will love it - Just my 2 cts.
2nd hand value for this type of car - one must be prepared to have a depreciation value of RM20k per year. Maybe just dont think about it and just take it a car rental -you dont own a car you just rent to drive it - this will make one more relaxing!

There is always different segment of Buyers, those who are conservatives and worried about resale value will stick with conservative brands while those who buy with their heart will choose one that drive their passion. 4X4 SUV usually depreciate more the first few years.

br1

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
Now my main parts problems are solved after waiting for more than a year! - Thanks to GM country manager help!
Now left only 1 pc of gearbox / engine casing connecting shaft O-ring no stock, that caused the leaks after dismantle the whole engine for the 3rd times and now going for the 4th minor "operation" to do up the leak with the o-ring.

I have to get the O-ring in before my coming service soon - have ordered the by Cergazam to Naza 2 weeks already, they still not supply to them - what the f%^$!!! can just put in an evelope and courier in or they dont even have parts for this small bloody o-ring?

This is such a good bloody SUV but the parts is killing!!! Problems just a very minoer few and they still dont stock up for it. Other makes I knew they have many more problems than ours, So have thought of changing it but till now dont found a good diesel power cheap reliable 7 seaters SUV yet, wait for the new model to come in below 200K price SUV.

TSIJetta

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 23 2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now my main parts problems are solved after waiting for more than a year! - Thanks to GM country manager help!
Now left only 1 pc of gearbox / engine casing connecting shaft O-ring no stock, that caused the leaks after dismantle the whole engine for the 3rd times and now going for the 4th minor "operation" to do up the leak with the o-ring.

I have to get the O-ring in before my coming service soon - have ordered the by Cergazam to Naza 2 weeks already, they still not supply to them - what the f%^$!!! can just put in an evelope and courier in or they dont even have parts for this small bloody o-ring?

This is such a good bloody SUV but the parts is killing!!! Problems just a very minoer few and they still dont stock up for it. Other makes I knew they have many more problems than ours, So have thought of changing it but till now dont found a good diesel power cheap reliable 7 seaters SUV yet, wait for the new model to come in below 200K price SUV.

Thanks for your info Bro BR1, keep us posted on your update.

br1

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Apr 23 2011, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your info Bro BR1, keep us posted on your update.

Hi Bros TSIJetta,

u have vw, jetta?
OK, will keep you posted here

TSIJetta

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 24 2011, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bros TSIJetta,

u have vw, jetta?
OK, will keep you posted here

Bro Br1, no lah, was very interested previously in TSI Jetta, but VW tada bawa masuk.

AM driving a Chev Captiva 2.0 Diesel like you, love the BM, but with your post, am worried bout the sparing now. Got my BM in Jan'10, now just reach 40K km. Have not done any modification yet.

Keep in touch bro. smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Apr 24 2011, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Br1, no lah, was very interested previously in TSI Jetta, but VW tada bawa masuk.

AM driving a Chev Captiva 2.0 Diesel like you, love the BM, but with your post, am worried bout the sparing now. Got my BM in Jan'10, now just reach 40K km. Have not done any modification yet.

Keep in touch bro. smile_thumbup.gif

Hi TSiJetta,

Heard Jetta coming to be CKD here soon, so you can keep the name ! hahaha
The small hatchy TSI 1.4 Golf is not bad and very very powerful and trilling to drive, just had one - my son using it.

Where are you - maybe we can meet up and after 40k kms should need to get some doses of "vitamin / poisoning" for your ride mann!!

Our BM's 2.0 diesel must have the :-
(1) "Red Bird" - use it for the past 3 yrs already, cannot drive without it now! so use to the extra power!
(2) UR stablizer bar on front engine compartment and rear under anti-roll bar at least or full sets (4pcs),
(3) Must have tail pipes modifications - for Captivians at only RM140.00 when our plp see your Cap. sticker or mention my name - it is full stainless steel and downwards flush elbow so you have a clean never need to polish tailpipes and buttock.

This 3 is a must add on / do and it should be cukup cukup or tyres somemore - times to change the ori maxxis lousy noisy tyres!!! I changed the tyres from ori size 235/60/17 to 235/65/17 - It is OK, but I will try on my other ride on next change to a 225/65/17 for a lighter, maybe can go a little faster and less aquaplan on wet due to narrow tyre. Also cheaper at only less than 500/pc compared to about 700+ /pc. Have not found a good make of tyre yet! I want to find a Japan made but all these look like Thai / phi made.

PM me and let meet and have a test drive on my ride to see and decide on the 3 proposed upgrade! hahaha, but beware it is highly dangerous and poisonous - all our Cap. bros also kena kaw kaw but are these are real useful and are all for safety reason and money spend are worth every single cts!!! and not for racing purposes, as we are all gentle Captivians! hahaha,

If you problems with parts - let me know to see how I can help! if really required to shout to get it! They have it anyway! but not through Cergazam, they are trying to kill them ! but without them they also die, it is very political now and we are stuck in between - tell you the whole story when we meet!

Cheers!
BR1

TSIJetta

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 25 2011, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi TSiJetta,

Heard Jetta coming to be CKD here soon, so you can keep the name ! hahaha
The small hatchy TSI 1.4 Golf is not bad and very very powerful and trilling to drive, just had one - my son using it.

Where are you - maybe we can meet up and after 40k kms should need to get some doses of "vitamin / poisoning" for your ride mann!!

Our BM's 2.0 diesel must have the :-
(1) "Red Bird" - use it for the past 3 yrs already, cannot drive without it now! so use to the extra power!
(2) UR stablizer bar on front engine compartment and rear under anti-roll bar at least or full sets (4pcs),
(3) Must have tail pipes modifications - for Captivians at only RM140.00 when our plp see your Cap. sticker or mention my name - it is full stainless steel and downwards flush elbow so you have a clean never need to polish tailpipes and buttock.

This 3 is a must add on / do and it should be cukup cukup or tyres somemore - times to change the ori maxxis lousy noisy tyres!!! I changed the tyres from ori size 235/60/17 to 235/65/17 - It is OK, but I will try on my other ride on next change to a 225/65/17 for a lighter, maybe can go a little faster and less aquaplan on wet due to narrow tyre. Also cheaper at only less than 500/pc compared to about 700+ /pc. Have not found a good make of tyre yet! I want to find a Japan made but all these look like Thai / phi made.

PM me and let meet and have a test drive on my ride to see and decide on the 3 proposed upgrade! hahaha, but beware it is highly dangerous and poisonous - all our Cap. bros also kena kaw kaw but are these are real useful and are all for safety reason and money spend are worth every single cts!!! and not for racing purposes, as we are all gentle Captivians! hahaha,

If you problems with parts - let me know to see how I can help! if really required to shout to get it! They have it anyway! but not through Cergazam, they are trying to kill them ! but without them they also die, it is very political now and we are stuck in between - tell you the whole story when we meet!

Cheers!
BR1

Bro BR1,

Sorry for the late reply.

Am interested in the extended tail pipes & your suggestion on the tyres, 225/65/17. Care to share what brand you are going for? Dont mind since it's cheaper...hehe!!!!

Cheers...

br1

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ May 1 2011, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro BR1,

Sorry for the late reply.

Am interested in the extended tail pipes & your suggestion on the tyres, 225/65/17. Care to share what brand you are going for? Dont mind since it's cheaper...hehe!!!!

Cheers...

Hi Bro,

The extended tail pipes is a must do on our Captiva as this is our trademark and styling, like it is custom made to fit a Captiva, it is specially order in by the exhaust installer in bulk, hope he still have stock now.

Tyre 225/65/17 is just my intention to use, have not use yet - I check for bridgestone cost only 495/pc - 1 set about 2k,
most probably I stick back to Toyo Proxies STII 235/65/17 - have used 4 sets already and very happy with its performance and road holding in wet and dry. Can last about 45k kms/set if changed at balance 40% tread.

Cheers!

TSIJetta

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ May 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

The extended tail pipes is a must do on our Captiva as this is our trademark and styling, like it is custom made to fit a Captiva, it is specially order in by the exhaust installer in bulk, hope he still have stock now.

Tyre 225/65/17 is just my intention to use, have not use yet - I check for bridgestone cost only 495/pc - 1 set about 2k,
most probably I stick back to Toyo Proxies STII 235/65/17 - have used 4 sets already and very happy with its performance and road holding in wet and dry. Can last about 45k kms/set if changed at balance 40% tread.

Cheers!

Hey Bro BR1, hope still got stock lah...but how to contact him?

As for your suggested tyre size, after you try, keep me updated lah of the outcome, coz I'm still on ori Maxxis after 43K km.

Cheers....