Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Lousy Lion That Always Got Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

intermilan

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
In my opinion, to know if its a 'new engine', you can check the 'new' engine number (on the engine itself) and compare with the engine number printed on the car registration card.
If different numbers, then they might have change the engine block. i might still be wrong thou.
as for the rest, well, only they knew better, but i beleive they changed parts that had to be changed.
if its under warranty, they will change according to Peugeot France or Asia Pacific decision.
Nasim can't determined on it own what and what not to change.

i do suspect they changed the block as i believe at least one of the con rod have punched a hole on the engine block and bent or broke itself in doing so. its an engine rebuild job.

i hope all will end well for you. Very rarely i heard Peugeot engine get into such serious engine problem.

By the way, if the engine number was changed, legally, you need to get it register with JPJ.
Cost: RM60 for Puspakom inspection (if you do it yourself) and some time wasted in doing it.

kiawin

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (Titanrev @ Apr 5 2011, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, pretty sad to see so much bad encounters even after I've been missing for soooo long....

For the tire to vibrate if the car is placed stationery for too long is due to the surface contacting the floor is flat already. The weight of the car would have caused it. After been under pressure for a long time rubber tends to lose it elasticity and take on a shape and won't change.

Kiawin, what you can do is to change the tires. I'm very sorry to hear what have happened to your car. My reply might be too late to explain to you about the difference of complete overhaul and a new engine with majority new parts changed.

But I also would want to share my know how to everyone so that owners won't get push around again by those so called half pass six professional. I can bet most of them don't have proper technical knowledge at all.

Complete overhaul means the engine is removed from the car and new parts will be put in to replaced all the worn out parts and factory settings and valve measurements are set back to original factory settings. So you will get new components for the engine. You will used back the old engine block and cylinder head. People that go for complete overhaul are those suffering from serious engine oil consumption and low oil pressure. As an engine ages, the piston ring might not seal as good as it is and engine oil vapour might leak through the piston ring and causes white smoke...etc...

A new engine with majority new parts. I think what they are trying to say is they might get an engine kosong...aka floor engine...with nothing and put in a mix of new parts and some used parts from your old engine which is still working to build a maybe 80% new & 20% old engine. I seldom heard people use this term...Hehehehe....because mainly people will say engine rebuild for such condition. You rebuild the engine by putting in new parts or better parts...etc..

Ok, I have just saw your previous post. Your engine block might have got a hole from the con rod. I would opt for an engine rebuild with new engine block and other new parts. The crankshaft need to do balancing check to see if it's bent because if a conrod can punch a hole on your engine block it might have enough force to bent the crankshaft. If they didn't balance the crankshaft by grinding the counter weight to offset it your crank bearings will wear out...and those bearings are cooper...

How is the engine doing now?

Just my 2 cent info. I hope no one will label me as unprofessional...Hehehehe

yo titan. it damaged me rm800+ where i foot the timing kit and water pump.

actually i got tired arguing with them.

got back my car, can hear some yik yik sound. sent back to BB, the SA says it's from "tepet" and because of new bearing so the "tepet" will sound yik yik, and slowly it will disappear.

I ask him to check my torn black plastic on one of the door, and he told me RM25, later RM35. When make payment, they included another RM16 workmanship, with RM32 on that black plastic sticker. So total RM50+/-.

I was redirected to their panel tyre shop near BB, and John (I think he is boss?) says that the falken we have is from indonesia, and it is normal to have problem after using it for sometime. He says he stop getting stock from indonesia but instead now get stock from thailand.

So.. my tyre got problem, but not the "flat" thingy, and not claimable (i guess?).
to be or not to be? http://blog.kiawin.com

kiawin

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Apr 6 2011, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion, to know if its a 'new engine', you can check the 'new' engine number (on the engine itself) and compare with the engine number printed on the car registration card.
If different numbers, then they might have change the engine block. i might still be wrong thou.
as for the rest, well, only they knew better, but i beleive they changed parts that had to be changed.
if its under warranty, they will change according to Peugeot France or Asia Pacific decision.
Nasim can't determined on it own what and what not to change.

i do suspect they changed the block as i believe at least one of the con rod have punched a hole on the engine block and bent or broke itself in doing so. its an engine rebuild job.

i hope all will end well for you. Very rarely i heard Peugeot engine get into such serious engine problem.

By the way, if the engine number was changed, legally, you need to get it register with JPJ.
Cost: RM60 for Puspakom inspection (if you do it yourself) and some time wasted in doing it.

unfortunately, it's the same engine code... they just change what ever necessary to make the car moves. that includes engine block and pistons. I have the list of items, perhaps scan it when i'm back in office on Monday? smile.gif

the funny part I always tell people, I have claim all stuff, and I guess nothing more to claim unless engine got problem.

and now I was stucked carless for 2 months. just because they "do not" store engine parts.

sam1741

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

sam1741

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,666 posts
hi all...

i have bring my case to the tribunal..
but end up we settle outside the court because naza wan to pay me back the repair cost for the problem.

Anyway.. NEW problem arise

on February, i submit warranty claim for bubbles on my roof
no news from them since
now the bubbles expands, on my c-pillar also got many bubbles...
i think kthe bubbles are rust from underneath the paint

knowledge is power

kiawin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
Dear Sam,

Another round of tribunal?

My car keep getting rain water sipping in from driver seat door. Didn't have time to send to Glenmarie as they want to keep my car for 2 days. Sigh!

nozzy

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
Just want to ask all 206 pug owners, when did the BB Glenmarie shifted to the other site?? Last mth I went for some warranty and was told to go over to a double storey w/shop only for 206. Well at least the service there is better than in BB.

ain206

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Jun 9 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just want to ask all 206 pug owners, when did the BB Glenmarie shifted to the other site?? Last mth I went for some warranty and was told to go over to a double storey w/shop only for 206. Well at least the service there is better than in BB.

they are not shifting simply open up a new center at bt 3 just for Bestari and Forza. It's been more a than a year ago. Conquer that their service is a lot better but there were also owner who face problem / difficulty with them

ssk

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

ssk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
To solve all the problem sold your car. Luckily, I managed to sold my 206 after 7 months of using at a high price RM41k. Purchased price RM44,100.

sam1741

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

sam1741

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,666 posts
QUOTE (kiawin @ Jun 6 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Sam,

Another round of tribunal?

My car keep getting rain water sipping in from driver seat door. Didn't have time to send to Glenmarie as they want to keep my car for 2 days. Sigh!

i was thinking of that..
now the roof getting bigger bubble already... like face of teenagers with large acne....

but i thinking of doing it outside also

QUOTE (ssk @ Jul 17 2011, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To solve all the problem sold your car. Luckily, I managed to sold my 206 after 7 months of using at a high price RM41k. Purchased price RM44,100.

wow.. you are lucky to sold off the car at that price

i asked few place.. my lion cost abit less than 40k..
knowledge is power

kiawin

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

kiawin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
unfortunately i can't, mine was 62k.