Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Stopping To Look At Road Accidents

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
There is an online survey at The Star about stopping to look at accidents on the road.

Should it be made compulsory for the police and other enforcement agencies to book drivers, who stop their vehicles to gawk at road accidents?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Those who slow down to watch an accident should also be booked

The majority (more than half the respondents) answered YES (I too chose the first option). Although the third option is interesting, I think it is difficult to implement as how do we tell if a person is slowing down the car to "gawk" at the car accident? Besides, booking them for just slowing down might actually cause more traffic, not less.

What do you think?

vr2turbo

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 26 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is an online survey at The Star about stopping to look at accidents on the road.

Should it be made compulsory for the police and other enforcement agencies to book drivers, who stop their vehicles to gawk at road accidents?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Those who slow down to watch an accident should also be booked

The majority (more than half the respondents) answered YES (I too chose the first option). Although the third option is interesting, I think it is difficult to implement as how do we tell if a person is slowing down the car to "gawk" at the car accident? Besides, booking them for just slowing down might actually cause more traffic, not less.

What do you think?

Got people actually stop? Maybe tow truck people, Insurance, maybe 4D punters...... smile_tongue.gif
Most of them slow down to look........accepted fact...... smile_shock.gif

ntc2000

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 26 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got people actually stop? Maybe tow truck people, Insurance, maybe 4D punters...... smile_tongue.gif

got ah... recently the van carry coins 1 ....

if accident involve those goods carrier, then sure got people stop and take the goods.... somemore the driver happily ask u take so that he no need to carry to another lorry... as I know, once they accident, they will claim insurance including the goods.

cbsteh

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 26 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many times I see the accident is just between two cars. But instead of just those two cars, I see many other cars and bikes parked there -- like some massive accident involving a lot of people, but actually just a lot of KPC people.

vr2turbo

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Jan 26 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got ah... recently the van carry coins 1 ....

if accident involve those goods carrier, then sure got people stop and take the goods.... somemore the driver happily ask u take so that he no need to carry to another lorry... as I know, once they accident, they will claim insurance including the goods.

That one different, no onlookers actually. All picking up coins..... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 26 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many times I see the accident is just between two cars. But instead of just those two cars, I see many other cars and bikes parked there -- like some massive accident involving a lot of people, but actually just a lot of KPC people.

Don't understand them. Got so much time to lepak??........ smile_shock.gif

tpl

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
they just being kpc..
2012 NMT President

rallychamp

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
if me sure stop for help...if saw already got "enough" help then just straight drive/ride away....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

SmallBug

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

SmallBug

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
If you are able to help, stop and offer help.. otherwise MOVE ON!
!

ain206

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jan 26 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if me sure stop for help...if saw already got "enough" help then just straight drive/ride away....

smile_thumbup.gif ....this is what should be practice by road user

cbsteh

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Jan 27 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif ....this is what should be practice by road user

When I was at Hanoi several years ago, I noticed a car accident on the side of the highway there. But instead of slowing down, Vietnamese drivers were horning (they like to horn over there) others to move along! So it surprised me to see that no one slowed down and saw any traffic jam because of that accident. I wonder this was an one-off situation, or is it common there where people would not even slow down to gawk at accidents.