Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

F10 520d

• Please log in to reply

LanGanu007

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
Found out that the F10 520d will be launched very soon here.

If the price is right, and with BMW's proven diesel engines in Malaysian conditions, I believe this is going to be BMW Malaysia's 2nd biggest news for 2011 (BMW Malaysia's biggest news this year will be the launching of F10 M5...though due to our beautiful tax structure, sales will only be a handful)
--007--

Acegt

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Jan 21 2011, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found out that the F10 520d will be launched very soon here.

If the price is right, and with BMW's proven diesel engines in Malaysian conditions, I believe this is going to be BMW Malaysia's 2nd biggest news for 2011 (BMW Malaysia's biggest news this year will be the launching of F10 M5...though due to our beautiful tax structure, sales will only be a handful)

The 520d could be a top seller for the F10 but the F10 design looks very plain without the M-Sport kit. They already have the 528 at their showroom

MASsenger

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Bolehland`s tax and crappy diesel will keep this beautiful work of art, out of reach for most Malaysians.

The REALdeal

beemer328

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

beemer328

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 25 2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bolehland`s tax and crappy diesel will keep this beautiful work of art, out of reach for most Malaysians.

U mean outside of Bolehland most people can afford this BMW?
U go UK, every one can afford this 520d?
U go USofA, everybody can buy this BMW?

U go back China, most of 1 billion population can buy one?
India, how? Most people can buy this BMW 520d?

Korok. Guna pala hotok sikit.

MASsenger

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Lower car tax & higher salaries make this car affordable to larger cross section of citizens in many countries, certainly in Germany, UK & USA.

You should also learn to read carefully before jumping to conclusion. Not EVERYONE will be able to afford this car, even in those countries you have mentioned. I have specifically quoted ‘MOST MALAYSIANS’.

The REALdeal

andy111172

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Feb 10 2011, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lower car tax & higher salaries make this car affordable to larger cross section of citizens in many countries, certainly in Germany, UK & USA.

I agree with the above. In those countries, it doesn't take much for them to own those Bimmers and Mercs. Prices are dead cheap except for maybe insurances and labor charges...

An expat colleague of mine just bought his wife a 2006 BMW X5 in the UK for 5K Pounds. He just TT the money to the wife in UK and the wife walked to the shop and brought back the car.. that simple.. no long term loans to serve..
Here, people have to loan for 9 years and sometimes use up half of their salaries for car instalment... just to own a Civic.

Most professionals in Malaysia still cannot afford Bimmers because their purchasing power is lower... cars are simply too expensive for their salaries... poor thing. They studied 5 years and end up driving a Myvi... smile_disapprove.gif

byebye2u

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Feb 12 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the above. In those countries, it doesn't take much for them to own those Bimmers and Mercs. Prices are dead cheap except for maybe insurances and labor charges...

An expat colleague of mine just bought his wife a 2006 BMW X5 in the UK for 5K Pounds. He just TT the money to the wife in UK and the wife walked to the shop and brought back the car.. that simple.. no long term loans to serve..
Here, people have to loan for 9 years and sometimes use up half of their salaries for car instalment... just to own a Civic.

Most professionals in Malaysia still cannot afford Bimmers because their purchasing power is lower... cars are simply too expensive for their salaries... poor thing. They studied 5 years and end up driving a Myvi... smile_disapprove.gif

520d in malaysia asking price RM388K , in UK GBP29400 or RM144K. to those in malaysia earning 7k monthly no problem if the price rm144K. but at rm388k , majority cannot la.

capultion

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

capultion

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Feb 10 2011, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should also learn to read carefully before jumping to conclusion. Not EVERYONE will be able to afford this car, even in those countries you have mentioned. I have specifically quoted ‘MOST MALAYSIANS’.

Let face the reality that the car price is a lot cheaper at the other side of the world. Malaysian pay premium due to our import tax. Singaporean have to cater their COE which is floating just like stock bourses. Thais, Indon & Phinos probably RM 20k cheaper than us only if they pay it by cash due to their Hire purchase terms and interest rate are not so attractive. Brunei, the tax free heaven for cars in this region bearing a price tag 50% cheaper compare to ours but again not everybody can effort it cash. Most of them serve the hire purchase with 5-7% interest for 5-7 yrs tenure to own the BMW therefore a very same total amount paid by malaysian (I believe our latest rate for HP is around 2.6%).

razibar

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

razibar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
if cannot afford, dont buy lah..why complain...nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy this car. get something which you can afford and life would be simpler. we keep taking about other countries cheaper bla bla bla. same old story ler....
2004 Volvo S40 2.4i Safari Green
2013 BMW 328i M Sport, Alphine White/Black

chargerguy

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Guys,

The F10 520D is launched at daxn attractive price!!!!!at 333k excluding ins.smile.gif....Will go and check it out next week..Bravo!

Cheers

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif