Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Ecoboost!

• Please log in to reply

zentra

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

zentra

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jul 1 2011, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mazda6 attracts slightly different buyers compared to the established choices... which have the 2.0-litre models as the main sellers. So, slightly different rules apply.

The Peugeot 508, which will be using the Prince 1.6 THP engine, will provide Ford with a good indicator to the possible success or failure of a Mondeo 1.6 EcoBoost.

Being such a price sensitive market, I believe so long as the price is right, it would sell. Look at the 308THP and Kia Forte, best-in-class C-segment car (safety + power + manageable space), bring on more competition, and push the established T&H&N brands to bring more value to consumers.

Hopefully the 508 would be priced appropriately also.

roocarroll

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jul 1 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess they are worried about comment of being underpower as the case with the 2.3 NA engine.

If we look at Mazda 6 2.5 and 2.0, it seems the 2.5 outsell the 2.0. Thus tricky decision in the product planning department.

I looked at the Mazda 6 when I was choosing a new car. The 2.5 has all of the modern features that you could think of. The 2.0 looks the same but is almost completely devoid of the features. If they had a high spec 2.0, I would have seriously considered it but I don't need the extra performance and (more importantly) the higher fuel costs and road tax of the 2.5.

In the end, I bought a Honda Accord Vti-L.

kinggo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

kinggo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Tested Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost in Spore.

Really a very very nice drive! Engine is quiet and refined even when pushed to the max ....... pedal to the metal. Ride is sporty and yet extremely comfortable. Wet dual clutch is really very smooth. Test drove vs Passat CC 2.0Tsi DSG, Accord 2.4, Camry 2.4, Hyundai i45 2.4.

Accord, Camry and Hyundai all lose out in terms of acceleration, fun to drive factor and refinement. Only the Passat CC 2.0tsi is a match..... but Passat CC is much more ex!

I think the Mondeo is winner ......but not selling very well in SG. Wonder why? Perhaps because of resale fear.

cruzeon

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

cruzeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
QUOTE (kinggo @ Jul 12 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tested Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost in Spore.

Really a very very nice drive! Engine is quiet and refined even when pushed to the max ....... pedal to the metal. Ride is sporty and yet extremely comfortable. Wet dual clutch is really very smooth. Test drove vs Passat CC 2.0Tsi DSG, Accord 2.4, Camry 2.4, Hyundai i45 2.4.

Accord, Camry and Hyundai all lose out in terms of acceleration, fun to drive factor and refinement. Only the Passat CC 2.0tsi is a match..... but Passat CC is much more ex!

I think the Mondeo is winner ......but not selling very well in SG. Wonder why? Perhaps because of resale fear.

well, people need to think and accept the fact that every car got resale issues, best is to ride a bicylce, no worry of losing money n good environmental without any gas emmission. to me, mondeo is a class above accord, camry n teana. always offered at high price n low spec. smile_tongue.gif