Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Catcon!

• Please log in to reply

gerald3874

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

gerald3874

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
HI,

i just removed the catcon on my persona auto and replaced with the bullet type straight pipe. OMG! what an incredible difference it made. the catcon was the SOURCE of the terrible performance of the campro. u can actually spin the front wheels now which could not be done b4. its a joy now to drive this car. i am also using the drop in K&N filter(same size as std). anyway still keeping the catcon just incase needed later.
anyone else tried this?

George

avionics

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
QUOTE (gerald3874 @ Jan 14 2011, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI,

i just removed the catcon on my persona auto and replaced with the bullet type straight pipe. OMG! what an incredible difference it made. the catcon was the SOURCE of the terrible performance of the campro. u can actually spin the front wheels now which could not be done b4. its a joy now to drive this car. i am also using the drop in K&N filter(same size as std). anyway still keeping the catcon just incase needed later.
anyone else tried this?

George

Is your car new?Where u did your bullet?
Do u still feel the delay after changing?
Hai m so naive.

gerald3874

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

gerald3874

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (avionics @ Jan 14 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is your car new?Where u did your bullet?
Do u still feel the delay after changing?

hi,

its 1 year old and under warranty thats why just keep the catcon. i did it at the eksos shop in section 17 pj just near the shell before you exit to the sprint highway. its cost RM250 bolt on type. they have cheaper ones but need to weld.
now no delay already. so easy to overtake also.

mosh

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
My car already a source of everyday pollution. I don’t want to contribute more by removing cat con.. smile_dead.gif

chrislyv

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
hi gerald, mind sharing where's the exhaust shop?
imagine the power gain... if u install extractor.. am sure goin to be more power than just by removing the cat-con.
but i like the bolt on method as ur engine bay will look like ORI as the original exhaust manifold is still intact..

avionics

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Jan 27 2011, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi gerald, mind sharing where's the exhaust shop?
imagine the power gain... if u install extractor.. am sure goin to be more power than just by removing the cat-con.
but i like the bolt on method as ur engine bay will look like ORI as the original exhaust manifold is still intact..

any pictures on how its bolt on?i also dowan do anything that will void my warranty..
Chrislyv u wan go do ah?i follow u,i know the place.
Hai m so naive.

chrislyv

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
QUOTE (avionics @ Jan 27 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any pictures on how its bolt on?i also dowan do anything that will void my warranty..
Chrislyv u wan go do ah?i follow u,i know the place.

yup... where about is it? i know there's 1 road side shop near the shell station..

avionics

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Jan 27 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup... where about is it? i know there's 1 road side shop near the shell station..

shud b there gua,they hang all the ekzos outside 1 lor..when going uphill there.
How long for instalaltion?
Chris your car new or wat?
Hai m so naive.

YSW

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jan 14 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car already a source of everyday pollution. I don’t want to contribute more by removing cat con.. smile_dead.gif

Make sure you change your Cat con every 70,000km...

mosh

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Jan 27 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure you change your Cat con every 70,000km...

that one is a must know... perhaps before 70K i have change to another car... smile_big.gif