Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Gearbox How Much ?

• Please log in to reply

mosh

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
dear forummer...

my younger bro involved in an accident involving his myvi eat a road divider and caused its gearbox to be damaged. no such repair can be done except to change the whole GB set. the GB is pretty much broken because of the undercarriage friction. the car have been stuck in workshop w/o any thing being done as workshop still ding dong with the insurance co.

workshop declare 18K for brnd new GB .. but insurance co say they can cover up to 10K only.... smile_disapprove.gif

just to ask you guys on any idea on the price of the GB..? and if you get any idea on why insurance co cover 10K ?
or izzit any halfcut gb that he can put in w/o much modification ?

thanks all..!

rallychamp

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jan 11 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dear forummer...

my younger bro involved in an accident involving his myvi eat a road divider and caused its gearbox to be damaged. no such repair can be done except to change the whole GB set. the GB is pretty much broken because of the undercarriage friction. the car have been stuck in workshop w/o any thing being done as workshop still ding dong with the insurance co.

workshop declare 18K for brnd new GB .. but insurance co say they can cover up to 10K only.... smile_disapprove.gif

just to ask you guys on any idea on the price of the GB..? and if you get any idea on why insurance co cover 10K ?

thanks all..!

halfcut shop....

or u can go better option for silvertop 4age 6spd gearbox smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

mosh

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jan 11 2011, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
halfcut shop....

or u can go better option for silvertop 4age 6spd gearbox smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif

hahah.. nnti wa tell my bro about this..

clex777

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

clex777

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jan 11 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dear forummer...

thanks all..!

Of course you can find recond gearbox for yr myvi thru asking other wshop, let the pomen find for u...( i ever change my wira 1.6 auto GB, 5 years ago, wira recond GB only RM 3000.)

No point to change new GB since a car was severely damage thru accident..

Insurance?? biasalah...how much yr sum insured?? Other damage want repair too...not only yr GB...
first party or thrd party....

Find recond GB, repair and then sell the Myvi....(only suggestion!!!)

vr2turbo

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
New Car or Old Car? Check with Perodua for base price, then you can compare to half cut or recon price.... smile_tongue.gif

mosh

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 11 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Car or Old Car? Check with Perodua for base price, then you can compare to half cut or recon price.... smile_tongue.gif

perodua quote around 16K for the GB...

my bro got 10K from the insurance.. 2K to pay for the workshop that stored the car.. smile_disapprove.gif
now hunting for halfcut smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jan 11 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
perodua quote around 16K for the GB...

my bro got 10K from the insurance.. 2K to pay for the workshop that stored the car.. smile_disapprove.gif
now hunting for halfcut smile_thumbup.gif

Like that can transfer whole engine and gear box in also.......... smile_thumbup.gif

airaz

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

airaz

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have the same problem as mosh. My car is Myvi SE 1.5 auto. I hit the cement divider and my gearbox got knocked out. The estimated sum claim by the workshop is RM24k whereby RM19k is meant for gearbox merely bcoz the Perodua fella told me that they will get a new GB from Daiso, Japan. And now, still waiting for insurance claim and I have waited for 5 months already. I'm giving them another month, if this doesn't solve would have to look out for a recond gearbox from kedai potong. Anyone has any ideas where to get a cheap yet well functioning GB for Myvi 1.5? Let me know yea! Appreciate it in advance sobsss thx

vr2turbo

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (airaz @ May 28 2014, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I have the same problem as mosh. My car is Myvi SE 1.5 auto. I hit the cement divider and my gearbox got knocked out. The estimated sum claim by the workshop is RM24k whereby RM19k is meant for gearbox merely bcoz the Perodua fella told me that they will get a new GB from Daiso, Japan. And now, still waiting for insurance claim and I have waited for 5 months already. I'm giving them another month, if this doesn't solve would have to look out for a recond gearbox from kedai potong. Anyone has any ideas where to get a cheap yet well functioning GB for Myvi 1.5? Let me know yea! Appreciate it in advance sobsss thx

From half cut shop you will never know it's history, so will not be able to know whether it is good or not.
Probably better off using a reconditioned unit from those who does repairs and refurbishing. Saw an advertisement banner yesterday, got 6 months warranty some more.

satsummer

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:34 AM

satsummer

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
http://www.autoworld...p?LID=MYA448285
u can try call 2 ask our salesman !!!