Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Unstable Forum

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
I think for the past few weeks, AW forum was down for a couple of hours without notice or explanation. The latest was over the weekend (new year period) where AW forum was inaccessible for several days.

It will be good if the AW forum remained stable and if it ever becomes inaccessible, rectification work be carried out immediately rather than wait until "I am back from my holidays".

r3xt0n

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 3 2011, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think for the past few weeks, AW forum was down for a couple of hours without notice or explanation. The latest was over the weekend (new year period) where AW forum was inaccessible for several days.

It will be good if the AW forum remained stable and if it ever becomes inaccessible, rectification work be carried out immediately rather than wait until "I am back from my holidays".

The IPS Driver error is mainly cause DB down or SQL error that can be rectified quickly most of the time. Most importantly, Autworld or its host should set alert notification in the event if the DB or forum is down to allow timely action.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jan 3 2011, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The IPS Driver error is mainly cause DB down or SQL error that can be rectified quickly most of the time. Most importantly, Autworld or its host should set alert notification in the event if the DB or forum is down to allow timely action.

You in IT also??

eggvolks

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

eggvolks

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 3 2011, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear cbsteh & r3xt0n.

Point taken. We do apologise for the downtime we've been having lately. Rest assured, we are seriously looking into this matter and are actually dealing with a few parties to determine what causes the downtime. I am not a technical person, but I can say that r3xt0n hit the mark there about the issue. However, the process of rectification is still manual for the time being. We ask for your patience.

Btw, Happy New Year!
"Restore human legs as a means of travel. Pedestrians rely on food for fuel and need no special parking facilities." ~ Lewis Mumford (1895 – 1990) American historian and philosopher of technology and science.

r3xt0n

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 3 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You in IT also??

Right, in IT .. specifically focused in Web Development

vr2turbo

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jan 3 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, in IT .. specifically focused in Web Development

That is why you could give good feedback on this...... smile_thumbup.gif

Most of the members who TT with me, seems to be in IT line too....... smile_tongue.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 3 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is why you could give good feedback on this...... smile_thumbup.gif

Most of the members who TT with me, seems to be in IT line too....... smile_tongue.gif

Usually those in IT line is more active online and at forum because they sit in front of PC most of the time and getting used to communicating thru PC.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jan 3 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually those in IT line is more active online and at forum because they sit in front of PC most of the time and getting used to communicating thru PC.

True also...... smile_tongue.gif

rallychamp

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
not really in it.... tongue.gif

but...why the driver error seems only occur during holiday???

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,491 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jan 4 2011, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not really in it.... tongue.gif

but...why the driver error seems only occur during holiday???

The server takes rest also...... smile_wink.gif