Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf - Problem

• Please log in to reply

wheeLSpin

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
Hi guys, need to start a tread on this issue that I encounter that even hsdm not sure.

I notice that some batches of 2.0hs have gearbox shiftlock, and some don't. Have a look at your gearbox console and there should be a "shiftlock release" button above the "P" on gearbox console.. Only newer batches have these features.

If you do have shiftlock, can you perform the test as below to hear if got some ticking sound from the gearbox console.

1. start engine, while gearbox in "p" or "n".
2. let the cabin be quiet. close your door. off the radio and a/c . Press brake and release. repeat.
3. everytime u release the brake, you will hear a "tik" sound from the console.

The tik sound is very soft but noticeable. HSDM say it is shiftlock sound. Too bad no 2.0hs available today for test when i service my car.

Pls provide your feedback if this is normal.
Thanks in advance!

KL3223

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
yeap, i had the shift lock and same prob too, tho not all the time. i first notice it when collecting the car. i can hear it when in a traffic jam/move-stop mode. i drove back to the SC but because none of the SA/Techs have clues over it, I'm not too bothered for now as I'm worried more sounds/probs will pop up if i send the car in for diagnose. Moreover i usually blast my audio player, hence not so noticeable smile_blush.gif Would like to enjoy the ride for now..... smile_tongue.gif

wheeLSpin

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
yea, i also notice in stop-go-stop situation can hear the shiftlock. But sometimes the superb audio will drown the sound and not that noticeable.

if this is normal then i guess there is nothing to worry about. smile_thumbup.gif

just wondering if all 2.0 hs owner notice this as no one mention b4..

xdaejon

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

xdaejon

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Dec 28 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea, i also notice in stop-go-stop situation can hear the shiftlock. But sometimes the superb audio will drown the sound and not that noticeable.

if this is normal then i guess there is nothing to worry about. smile_thumbup.gif

just wondering if all 2.0 hs owner notice this as no one mention b4..

I'm always enjoying the good sounds of my YF and maybe not realize that there is/are sounds others than that...

Cheers...

KL3223

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Lets just enjoy the ride, coz the more we worried about the clicking and ticking sound and try to troubleshoot them, the more the car need to spend time at the hospital..... and worst still, check in with one sound, check out with two sound!

Drive safe and Happy new Year folks!

tusco

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

tusco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Dec 29 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets just enjoy the ride, coz the more we worried about the clicking and ticking sound and try to troubleshoot them, the more the car need to spend time at the hospital..... and worst still, check in with one sound, check out with two sound!

Drive safe and Happy new Year folks!

HAHAHAHA...i like your explanation..true true...i find that frens of mine who are fussy tend to have more problems propping up with their rides...maybe those cincai frens of mine just keep quiet and enjoy their rides (and all tick-tocking sounds that comes with it).

wheeLSpin

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
QUOTE (tusco @ Dec 29 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAHAHA...i like your explanation..true true...i find that frens of mine who are fussy tend to have more problems propping up with their rides...maybe those cincai frens of mine just keep quiet and enjoy their rides (and all tick-tocking sounds that comes with it).

so tusco, do you have this clicking sound too ?

maelfx

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

maelfx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Not sure if other sonata owner having this kind of problem. When push my car from side, or after driving with full load and when one by one out from the car, i can hear squeaky sound from the wheel area (rear).

toughff

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

toughff

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (maelfx @ Jan 4 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if other sonata owner having this kind of problem. When push my car form side, or after driving with full load and when one by one out from the car, i can hear squeaky sound from the wheel area (rear).

i got that too!!! really annoying.. and i was sitting at the back seat.. and trying to get out.. when i heard that noise..

i'm only 95kg!...not that heavy!!! hahahaha

anybody know what's the problem here?

wheeLSpin

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
QUOTE (maelfx @ Jan 4 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if other sonata owner having this kind of problem. When push my car form side, or after driving with full load and when one by one out from the car, i can hear squeaky sound from the wheel area (rear).

aiya, that one is handbrake ler. On our case is the leg-brake.
once it is deploy and u make any move then will have noise. any other car also got mar..

try puttin in p or n. But without using the hand(leg)brake. sure no noise liao...