Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Air Filters For Peugeot 206

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

edthrax

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

edthrax

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
cool.. hope it helps with the 1.4 bestari engine.. huhuhu
Jayraptor's Awesome Facts are based on “my friend”, “my foreman”, “my colleagues” or some car magazines. Posts like an essay for an exam, but never with proven facts.

intermilan

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Hopefully it will add some power and torque to the 1.4L too. 1.6L engine is proven to benefit as dyno is done on 1.6L. If anyone is going (there), do check the dyno chart first and only then decide whether it is worth the shot or not.

but realistically, it won't be much. but an improvement in power n torque for rpm range from 1500-4000rpm mean better acceleration. To be honest, to be able to gain 1bhp for RM200 spent is cheap for an NA engine.

Allow me to list down some other minor, easy and affordable 'upgrades' that should add a little bit of bhp and torque to NA engine (no guarantee thou, but this is what I've did before and it works):
1. This device
2. Free-flow air filter (e.g. K&N drop-in, cone/mushroom should only be use for manual car)
3. better spark plugs (e.g. iridium spark plugs)
4. frequent maintenance (clean up) of the throttle-body, MAF sensor and stepper motor.
5. Usage of lighter engine oil (e.g. 5w-30 oil). Perfectly safe for use in 206 actually. Slightly better acceleration but top speed will drop a bit. It will 'transfer' more power for pick-up, good for town driving. Coolant temp will be slightly high (but nothing serious) if speeding at high speed for long. Not that great if you frequently drive at high speed. Better use 'heavier' engine oil.
6. De-carbonise the engine every 20,000km.

Do all these and it's multiplier/combination effect should improve your car performance. It should feel 'lighter' and almost like when its new. Almost. But might be even better than new jugak.

Bigger-scale improvement will require even bigger portion of $$$$/bhp.
Camshaft, piggy-back ECU (re-map), extractor, complete cold air intake, de-cat, exhaust tuning are some example of it and these will surely cost more than RM300 for every 1bhp you would gain.
Only start doing any of these if you have lots of $$$ as all of them need to be done 'together' for them to work perfectly.

The 'small' improvements above are stand-alone upgrade that works on its own.

Anyone have other improvement to share? Please do..

Happy modifying! smile_tongue.gif

ridt

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
ive heard that k&n open pod filter alone for auto transmission will increase around 8bhp.

so ive heard..

http://www.facebook.com/thepadangs

My sweet peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims
Max BHP & torque : 127 bhp @ 6,00rpm , 173 nm @ 4,000rpm (tuned for torque)

edthrax

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

edthrax

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
does bosch iridium spark plugs help to increase performance abit? someone selling it for rm130 for 4 piece..
Jayraptor's Awesome Facts are based on “my friend”, “my foreman”, “my colleagues” or some car magazines. Posts like an essay for an exam, but never with proven facts.

ridt

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (edthrax @ Dec 22 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does bosch iridium spark plugs help to increase performance abit? someone selling it for rm130 for 4 piece..

it does. also smoother gear changes i heard

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims

palipan

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

palipan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
bro intermilan,
does the secret thing you suggested to put is Turbo air boost??
found one in lowyat forum, but not really sure, just wild guest, hehehe smile_cool.gif

leroy87

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

leroy87

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
or voltage stablisier?
Best regards,
leroy.

ridt

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
whatever it is. whose up for trip next monday?

intermilan

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (palipan @ Dec 22 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro intermilan,
does the secret thing you suggested to put is Turbo air boost??
found one in lowyat forum, but not really sure, just wild guest, hehehe smile_cool.gif

i'm not quite sure what to call it but it does manipulate the 'air circulation of the engine'.
i guess there are a few people who sell and install this thing in many variations and name.

ridt,
no matter what others have said, don't install an open pod (mushroom) in auto transmission car if no related & required modifications are done too.
installing it as a standalone upgrade will severely decrease the engine BHP and torque.
rather that increase 8 bhp, you will lose something like 10 bhp!
if you want to gain 15+bhp you can try to do this: open pod (complete cold air intake, not half-cooked open pod that take air from the hot engine bay area), extractor, de-cat (remove the catalytic converter), re-map (piggy-back ECU), use RON 97 petrol and enlarge the exhaust piping by 5% (don't go bigger!) i.e. if standard exhaust pipe diameter is 54mm (~2 1/8"), change to 57mm (~2 2/8"). Rear exhaust box must have outlet with diameter (inner) of no more than 2".

edthrax,
any iridium spark plugs will provide improve performance over normal or even platinum spark plugs.
one thing to consider is the lifetime of that particular iridium plugs.
if it has a lifetime of around 30,000km only, then RM130 is very expensive.
normal spark plugs have almost similar lifetime and cost below RM50/set, except for genuine Peugeot plugs (which is a normal plugs) at authorised SC as their price is ridiculous (as always).

one more issue to consider is if it come with warranty and for how long.
as a note, denso iridium power spark plugs are sold for around RM160-170 per set but again the lifetime is just like normal spark plugs too, i.e. 30-40,000km only. warranty, none AFAIK.
so far, the 'best' (price vs. performance) iridium spark plugs is volker iridium.
Priced at RM260 per set but warranty for 160,000km / 2 years.
but if your yearly mileage is around 20,000km per year, then getting bosch or denso iridium rather than volker make sense. why? too long to explain here but i believe you can deduce it given the facts mentioned above.

leroy87,
no, its not VS...

ridt

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Dec 23 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm not quite sure what to call it but it does manipulate the 'air circulation of the engine'.
i guess there are a few people who sell and install this thing in many variations and name.

ridt,
no matter what others have said, don't install an open pod (mushroom) in auto transmission car if no related & required modifications are done too.
installing it as a standalone upgrade will severely decrease the engine BHP and torque.
rather that increase 8 bhp, you will lose something like 10 bhp!
if you want to gain 15+bhp you can try to do this: open pod (complete cold air intake, not half-cooked open pod that take air from the hot engine bay area), extractor, de-cat (remove the catalytic converter), re-map (piggy-back ECU), use RON 97 petrol and enlarge the exhaust piping by 5% (don't go bigger!) i.e. if standard exhaust pipe diameter is 54mm (~2 1/8"), change to 57mm (~2 2/8"). Rear exhaust box must have outlet with diameter (inner) of no more than 2".

edthrax,
any iridium spark plugs will provide improve performance over normal or even platinum spark plugs.
one thing to consider is the lifetime of that particular iridium plugs.
if it has a lifetime of around 30,000km only, then RM130 is very expensive.
normal spark plugs have almost similar lifetime and cost below RM50/set, except for genuine Peugeot plugs (which is a normal plugs) at authorised SC as their price is ridiculous (as always).

one more issue to consider is if it come with warranty and for how long.
as a note, denso iridium power spark plugs are sold for around RM160-170 per set but again the lifetime is just like normal spark plugs too, i.e. 30-40,000km only. warranty, none AFAIK.
so far, the 'best' (price vs. performance) iridium spark plugs is volker iridium.
Priced at RM260 per set but warranty for 160,000km / 2 years.
but if your yearly mileage is around 20,000km per year, then getting bosch or denso iridium rather than volker make sense. why? too long to explain here but i believe you can deduce it given the facts mentioned above.

leroy87,
no, its not VS...

thank you for the post inter. i donno the person who told me said he got dyno proof and is persistent on it .

btw for 15bhp+ its gonna be costly..especially u said remapping also. sure 3k like that