Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Smoking News...

• Please log in to reply

alankkwong

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Went to Melaka in my 308. 1 Perdana came behind me at 170km/h flashing lights.... I was running at 160km/h. In front was another car...No choice... I tekan up to 200km/h on the left lane and the Perdana slowly was left behind. Why some people think they are fast and want to flash light at other people.... He tried to chase after me by swerving in between cars but was still left behind.... 1 Perdana smoked..!
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

cbsteh

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Congratulations for winning who has the larger balls.

hideiyoshi

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

hideiyoshi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
I think Alan has no intention to smoked him except Perdana was not patient enuff or wanted to test if Alan's ride is game for it. Well, drive safe as always.

Good lesson to the Perdana owner. smile_thumbup.gif

victorhoh

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

victorhoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
maybe that Perdana simply wants to go as fast as possible. Not really intend to challenge anyone. The Perdana driver was flashing you because it took him too damn long to reach that speed, and he did not want to slow down to build up the speed again.

kenso

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Perdanas and Wajas are common hooligans when it comes to speeding on the NS highway. There was one rare Gen2 that had incredible acceleration ... was going at 180kph and he could still overtake with ease. Those "pretend pig, eat tiger" are the scary ones.

madrazcbr

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

madrazcbr

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
maybe he just rushing to the loo ... smile_cool.gif

civ96110

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

civ96110

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Dec 18 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perdanas and Wajas are common hooligans when it comes to speeding on the NS highway. There was one rare Gen2 that had incredible acceleration ... was going at 180kph and he could still overtake with ease. Those "pretend pig, eat tiger" are the scary ones.

not 'pretend pig, eat LION' eh? hehehe
Prudence

cashloke

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

cashloke

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 966 posts
smile_thumbup.gif
QUOTE (civ96110 @ Dec 18 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not 'pretend pig, eat LION' eh? hehehe

hahahahaha smile_thumbup.gif

ampang3008

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

ampang3008

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Dec 18 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went to Melaka in my 308. 1 Perdana came behind me at 170km/h flashing lights.... I was running at 160km/h. In front was another car...No choice... I tekan up to 200km/h on the left lane and the Perdana slowly was left behind. Why some people think they are fast and want to flash light at other people.... He tried to chase after me by swerving in between cars but was still left behind.... 1 Perdana smoked..!

wah......200km/h at left lane.......i dare not, may be I'm old already!! smile_tongue.gif

Today just meet up Dylan (DK), planning to remap my car, Dylan said after remap, HP roughly in 190hp / 300Nm.
hahahahah.....after remap, not sure can let the Perdana smoked like what Alan did or not, due to 3008 is heavier and higher body.

(DK still working hard for 3008, hopefully remap will be ready for 3008 soon!)

civ96110

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

civ96110

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Dec 18 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least he indicated he wanted to pass, though we had to be there to judge whther he was being unnecessarily aggressive or not.

My own recent experience with a Perdana driver (though I'm not casting aspersion on the car, just the driver, because I drive a Perdana too sometimes) left me fuming.

It was the coastal road from Kt to besut late afternoon on a rainy day (Nov this year). I was doing 120-140 but only passing slower cars at straight stretches. Halfway there, this black V6 comes from behind and tailed me. He wasn't very quick because I left him far behind each time we overtook other vehicles.

After 20min or so, and after numerous opportunities for him to pass me if he could only gain enough speed (I was doing mostly a constant 120), he decided that he'd overtake me even there was a car coming from ahead. In front of me was an BMW X5, and another car in front of him. The V6 driver just went for it, I didn't budge from my line but the car coming ahead swerved to his left.

The BMW too gave way a bit. And he made it, just.

He sped away after that. I caught up with him 30 minutes later. Noted his plate no, and resolved (halfheartedly) that if I ever see him parked anywhere, I might just give him the coin....hahaha....

And the sad thing is, stupid and idiotic drivers like this abound. I don't ever care being overtaken, but do it safely la...Why the need to endanger others just to show that you are only slightly faster, and definitely in my case, not skilled enough or fast enough to overtake at safe places.

Prudence