Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Weired Sound

• Please log in to reply

neo79

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (stinger82 @ Jan 12 2011, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
erm....go uneven road will be silent? hem...

got 2 myvis in my house, all so far so good. 4 yrs and 1 yrs old. lol.

Rattling of metal parts.

jasonw800i

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

jasonw800i

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
this kok kok kok sound is come from caliper pin one cause they loose the greese already and need apply back to caliper pin and so no more kok kok sound liao and as my myvi same face problem with TS

ycfoo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
to check if it is the sound from the caliper.

go drive on a stright road that can casue the sound to came out. then just apply the brake abit (made sure no car in behind u lah), if the sound no more then can said is the caliper pin sound.

How to fix it... then that hv to see how the workshop do/mod it... so far I only see 2 ways. but they never change the pin to a new pin as the shop said after a while the kokoko sound will happan again.

All in I think the QC of P2 is going to be like P1 soon.

kenliew2

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

kenliew2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i also having problem with my myvi engine. ( 3 months )

1. "tak tak tak" sound when hit 2k rpm

2. "eeeeeeeeeeeee" sound , somekind line " wowing sound" when rpm above 2k

any1 facing tis problem as well?

Nokia6280

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (kenliew2 @ Apr 29 2011, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i also having problem with my myvi engine. ( 3 months )

1. "tak tak tak" sound when hit 2k rpm

2. "eeeeeeeeeeeee" sound , somekind line " wowing sound" when rpm above 2k

any1 facing tis problem as well?

ya! i have this problem before and its due to break..

altis06

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

altis06

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
Dear all,

The sound from the front wheel was told by the SC is due brake calliper, they told me they apply a "new kind" of grease when i re-complaint the problem within three month after they apply grease at first. Now, it still seems okay after about 2 months, but the technician say better be ready as it need to be reapply periodically.

Now, my main problem is the annoying engine knocking and pinging sound, it comes intermittently, most of the time when i press accelerator going up hill (By the way, i am driving auto EZI). The sound heard inside the cabin is similar like what we heard when an old manual car going up the hill with high gear.

The technician tried to clean the throttle and whatsoever, the problem still exist. Anyone experience this?

neo79

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (jasonw800i @ Mar 3 2011, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this kok kok kok sound is come from caliper pin one cause they loose the greese already and need apply back to caliper pin and so no more kok kok sound liao and as my myvi same face problem with TS

Right on Jason. A friend driving a Sentra have the same issue.

So I suspect it should the same issue. If thats the case, I need to determine the interval to grease the pin. Maybe 10k km interval would be a good choice since I rotate, balance and do alignment every 10k km. smile_thumbup.gif

taknak

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

taknak

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
The rattling sound especially when you drive in uneven road

its definitely because your brake caliper pin...

i think it is satandard on all early myVI

I had once see a memo on perodua service centre workshop telling their technician on how to solve this problem,... i want to take picture but they not allowed it..... i dont know why...

I have a friend who change to aftermarket brake caliper in the rpoblem solved, sound gone for good...

As for me... i dont care about the rattling sound because this cheap car, suitable with my cheap sallary.. And this is what a poor person like me deserve? hmmm...

joshboi

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

joshboi

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
i faced the same problem on my 3 year old. today i decided to DIY, got my hands on OEM Caliper pins 8.1mm which is 0.3mm larger to the fitting.

Will do it this weekend to find out the outcome.

Klok Klok Klok Begone!

smile.gif

Nokia6280

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (joshboi @ Sep 2 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i faced the same problem on my 3 year old. today i decided to DIY, got my hands on OEM Caliper pins 8.1mm which is 0.3mm larger to the fitting.

Will do it this weekend to find out the outcome.

Klok Klok Klok Begone!

smile.gif

Can snap some picture on where this PIN located. I will check my MyVi as well

QUOTE (altis06 @ Apr 29 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

The sound from the front wheel was told by the SC is due brake calliper, they told me they apply a "new kind" of grease when i re-complaint the problem within three month after they apply grease at first. Now, it still seems okay after about 2 months, but the technician say better be ready as it need to be reapply periodically.

Now, my main problem is the annoying engine knocking and pinging sound, it comes intermittently, most of the time when i press accelerator going up hill (By the way, i am driving auto EZI). The sound heard inside the cabin is similar like what we heard when an old manual car going up the hill with high gear.

The technician tried to clean the throttle and whatsoever, the problem still exist. Anyone experience this?

Can snap some picture on where this brake calliper located. I will check my MyVi as well