Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Weired Sound

• Please log in to reply

Nokia6280

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
Hi

I own a 4 months MYVI and just for 4 months many weird sound from all over the place and now its like 3 years old.. Can some help me on this?

1. Some times when or after turning the steering wheel there will be some 'tock-tock' sound. This is caused by power steering or suspension?

2. When accelerating from slow i can hear 'ke-tak ke-tak' like enterring the wrong gear.

Hope some one can help me. FYI, i am driving auto transmission.

Velocity

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Velocity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Mine 2. Myvi will hv the haunted sound pls x mind, u will get use to it. i solve the haunted sound by open up loauder my stereo...if the 'tock-tock' sound were coming out while u cornering it was the driveshaft problem. Go SC change it. they will probaly ask u to come back another 2week for ordering the part ..if u cant wait, call they manager out.he will resolve on the spot.

'ke-tak ke-tak' sound no ideal.

Good luck

YSW

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Dec 14 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I own a 4 months MYVI and just for 4 months many weird sound from all over the place and now its like 3 years old.. Can some help me on this?

1. Some times when or after turning the steering wheel there will be some 'tock-tock' sound. This is caused by power steering or suspension?

2. When accelerating from slow i can hear 'ke-tak ke-tak' like enterring the wrong gear.

2 things to look into:
1) Front anti row bar link
2) Front brake caliper pin

Nokia6280

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (Velocity @ Dec 14 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine 2. Myvi will hv the haunted sound pls x mind, u will get use to it. i solve the haunted sound by open up loauder my stereo...if the 'tock-tock' sound were coming out while u cornering it was the driveshaft problem. Go SC change it. they will probaly ask u to come back another 2week for ordering the part ..if u cant wait, call they manager out.he will resolve on the spot.

'ke-tak ke-tak' sound no ideal.

Good luck

Meaning you also facing the same problem?

Velocity

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

Velocity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Dec 14 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meaning you also facing the same problem?

yup. the haounted sound after few complain was still remain in the car,nothng had done by SC and in that period i already get use to it.

The 'tock-tock' sound after i directly complain to manager(bcuz the SC technician wan me to wait 2week) he resolve it tat day until nw nv come out.
FF will hv driveshatf problem. *the 'tock-tock' sound were when u cornering and ur steering weel didnt vibrate
js the sound from front bonet. it mean is driveshaft problem.

Nokia6280

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (Velocity @ Dec 14 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup. the haounted sound after few complain was still remain in the car,nothng had done by SC and in that period i already get use to it.

The 'tock-tock' sound after i directly complain to manager(bcuz the SC technician wan me to wait 2week) he resolve it tat day until nw nv come out.
FF will hv driveshatf problem. *the 'tock-tock' sound were when u cornering and ur steering weel didnt vibrate
js the sound from front bonet. it mean is driveshaft problem.

Thanks for sharing. Good information. smile_thumbup.gif

neo79

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (Nokia6280 @ Dec 14 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I have this sound.. But I didn't bother doing anything...

You will have another sound which is the rattle of the suspension parts when you go over uneven roads... All 3 Myvis(including mine from pre FL to FL SE and FL EZi) have this... Didn't bother to solve it too

Nokia6280

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (neo79 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will have another sound which is the rattle of the suspension parts when you go over uneven roads... All 3 Myvis(including mine from pre FL to FL SE and FL EZi) have this... Didn't bother to solve it too

I have sent my car to perodua SC for sound sniffing but unfortunately verything is normal accorinding to technician smile_angry.gif but guess what smile_question.gif i found where the sound from.... its actually from the driver sit. Somethong loose for the part that you allow your sit to up/ down. Now the 'tok-tok' dissapear.

stinger82

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

stinger82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
QUOTE (neo79 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

erm....go uneven road will be silent? hem...

got 2 myvis in my house, all so far so good. 4 yrs and 1 yrs old. lol.

Nokia6280

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (stinger82 @ Jan 12 2011, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
erm....go uneven road will be silent? hem...

got 2 myvis in my house, all so far so good. 4 yrs and 1 yrs old. lol.

The wired sound never come out even on uneven sound... smile_wink.gif